Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions From A Moba Player

KesslerCOIL

Ok now, before you start the hate hear me out. 
I currently play just about every moba on the market and i thoroughly enjoy the genre as a whole, I am not calling Warframe a MOBA, just that it has some similarities that could be translated. 

From what I have seen in my time playing Warframe, it is a game with HUGE potential for individual playstyle and unique expression through both cosmetic effects and equipment. 

My suggestions are to add some more focused mods for different play style(no im not suggesting more Tail Winds), because I am lazy I will just list some of them. 

+ Faster revive mod or Reduced damage while reviving, for players with a more supportive playstyle. 
+ Duel mods for Health and Shield, for players that would like to focus even more on Shield or Health instead of both. 
+ General Abilities which can be equipped on any and all Warframes in place of abilities that players do wish to use(Super Jump and Puddle) 
+ Further progression that can be earned in the later stages of the game when players have achieved the majority of content(players that have their favourite gear and a few other frames and weapons), whether this is through some sort of skill point mechanic or something is hard to say since it may not fit with the Warframe's style of progression, perhaps something cosmetic that can be customized further. 
+Define Excalibur's role as a warframe, from my viewpoint he's pretty much just a general warframe with mobility and an awesome aoe stun. Perhaps further define the mobility by reworking his Super Jump since it's rather clear very few players have any interest in the ability. 

These are just a small handful of my ideas since I only just noticed it's 5:30am.... later

There already is a Dual mod for Health and Shields, its called Vigor. 

The skill point mechanic is coming up later on, they talked about it in a devstream I watched, I just can't remember what they called it. 

I think they called it Focus (not sure my self either), and isn't it for PvE as well (again, not sure)?

The Focus system so far is a "once per mission Avatar state"(From the Last Airbender, not big blue people) that can be adjusted to fit your playstyle by gaining Focus points(skill points) by installing a kind of lense(warrior, tank, support, for example) to gain the respective point to put into the respective tree. No word on if it's PvE exclusive or if you can use it in PvP yet. If the rumors floating around are correct, we'll know on the 15th

Edit: Now that I've read the OP I can actually respond to it:

1. Both would be pretty excellent for T4's, I dig

2. As karubo said we have a dual stat for HP+Shields, Vigor

3. Universal abilities are coming soon™

4. Currently Excalibur's a decently rounded starter frame and serves his purpose as such, but unfortunately his functionality past "spam radial blind" is nonexistent for high level play. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to a rework of his abilities

Edited by KamijoTouma

The Focus system so far is a "once per mission Avatar state"(From the Last Airbender, not big blue people) that can be adjusted to fit your playstyle by gaining Focus points(skill points) by installing a kind of lense(warrior, tank, support, for example) to gain the respective point to put into the respective tree. No word on if it's PvE exclusive or if you can use it in PvP yet. If the rumors floating around are correct, we'll know on the 15th

That was just an early concept who knows what the system will actually be.

:v

There already is a Dual mod for Health and Shields, its called Vigor. 

The skill point mechanic is coming up later on, they talked about it in a devstream I watched, I just can't remember what they called it. 

by a dual health/shield mod i ment ones with a trade off like - Max Rank +80% Shield, -40% Health

by a dual health/shield mod i ment ones with a trade off like - Max Rank +80% Shield, -40% Health

We min-max too much already, I could see some frames getting obscene numbers with something like that when it's stacked.