Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields after Update 5.3

AmmokK

I really don´t know if this was intended but now i do have instead of about 1600 before, 398 now! In a 4 person game!

Seriously?

By the way, all my +xx% shieldmods magically became +xx shieldmods. Also with lower value that is!

Before: +70% Shields

Now: +50 Shields

Intended? Oo

I mean, one hit from some bosses and you are down!

EDIT:

Well, after playing a few rounds i have to admit it´s pretty okay after all. At least i didn´t die all the time and teammates weren´t neither. Guess i can life with that.

Seems damageoutput of the enemies isn´t as high as before as well, could be mistaken on that part, though.

Edited by AmmokK

Teamplay? Onlinegames? Yeah right...

Sure, numbers like 20k were way too much but having a bit above 1500-1600 didn´t feel OP.

Hm, will see what people will do. Maybe it´s just the change of income for DE so they sell Plats for revives, who knows ^^

I have to think that is was a little too drastic of a change. Sure, I loved my +59% mods. I don't love that the value of that mod got killed immediately by turning it to a +39.

I agree I felt so tankish that I could just faceroll though anything. Maybe change it so it's a more realistic stack of like, say, nothing more than a +7% increase? It would make feeling like using the slot with a shield mod would be useful.

I've actually replaced the mods that got nerfed to +17 and +18 with +50% armors.

To me Shields were iffy I mean you are the Tenno some form of modified soldier and what not you are super acrobatic with a bunch of ways to dodge attacks and all that stuff and just get in peoples faces and approach them for a nice gorey sword swing after all they say you are a warrior of the Gun and Sword but not with the shield changes in most of the higher areas you dont seem to get that freedom anymore you are pretty much forced into a cover shooter situation strictly no doing flips or dodges from cover to cover. you now stick to cover with swording being limited which I find is pretty nice instead of being able to charge an entire mob and sword them down But at the same time I feel this makes the game feel slower...then again I still go bawlz to the wall and not really care lol

Being able to tank everything trolol mode isn't fun or engaging - or at least, not for long. Needed change, though for those that had insane shields, it will be a painful one. They need to find the right balance where stacking shields can help keep you in the thick of it for a decent while - but not indefinitely.

this is very important text from this patch ".. As work continues on the new location set... "

ATM only on Pluton u need some help.. not againt infested but vs Corpus..

Nowe when u dont have so much shield u need to lookout, take more tactics and use abilites .. get team and work togethe.. before that i was like a little One-Man-Army.. running around slashing and killing every mob.. my power of attack didnt change.. now i just need a little more think before i run into the rumm with full of mobs.

Classes like Mag and Trinity now can be more usefull.. regen shield and hp, blocking enemy attack - mostly Bosses... - we dont know what they plan to add.. im just thinking they focused more on Co-op and less on single pro farm fest on mobs.. its not a single player game.. ok... atm mostly u can solo without problem.. but now..

Game need to be changed.. need to have easy and hard content.. and need to be focused on team work not only on single player power..

Find ppl, make guild.. start play here like u do in normal multiplayer game .. sorry not normal .. there every one play alone.. start play like in MMO games.

Edited by Dreed

This change is excellent. The game was way too easy before. it's still easy now, but definitely not as easy. I can see why people would complain, in fact I predicted this thread would pop when I noticed the change.

Edited by colorize

I like the change, before due to the high shield numbers it meant that if you had a long range weapon like the latron or snipetron it was less useful when the range difference didn't mean you were more survivable, now though I might actually use those weapons because running up to enemies and shooting them with my gorgon might not be the best idea when it could lead to my death much faster.