Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields after Update 5.3

AmmokK

This update gave a serious but much needed nerf, it was way too easy to steamroll and farm Pluto/Hades on your own.

Now you actually need a team to do it.

You can still faceroll crap if you invest in enough 70%+ armor mods.

this like this very bad. we ask for the old one back

You and what army?

Edited by MegatechBody

I thought I could tell you what I think.

I have only so much that the% removal of the shield is not justified.

Explanation:

It should be only one game tactics accordingly. igysem but I could kill the boss

Multiplayer is bringing together its was buggy. Now you can have improved but I can say that because they took the shield so I can not help you as they have.

Become shield but limited ... for example, 1500 and not 20k.

And there is much to recommend in Guild Wars 2 can be proven. Platinum cuts can change money. Be minimal expensive but at least give a chance to those who can not afford money to be normal.

I thought I could tell you what I think.

I have only so much that the% removal of the shield is not justified.

Explanation:

It should be only one game tactics accordingly. igysem but I could kill the boss

Multiplayer is bringing together its was buggy. Now you can have improved but I can say that because they took the shield so I can not help you as they have.

Become shield but limited ... for example, 1500 and not 20k.

And there is much to recommend in Guild Wars 2 can be proven. Platinum cuts can change money. Be minimal expensive but at least give a chance to those who can not afford money to be normal.

Stacking shields was ridiculous, it invalidated any other form of modding for high level play (just like the energy siphon artifact seems to be the only way to go, and now armour% stacking has replaced shield stacking). Numbers need tweaking, sure, but all forms of modding etc should be at least semi-viable depending on a change of tactics.

As for the platinum cuts, I agree that everything that affects gameplay should be available by credits/farming/etc rather than just platinum, but since the Pro changes, I believe that is the case? Currently (correct me if I'm wrong) the only thing that platinum gets you is cosmetics and/or convenience (earlier/easier access to weapons/warframes).

miért nem volt jó a 3k pajzs? aki unja játsszon mással. nehezebb térképen (Pluto) lehetetlen 300 pajzs teljesíteni.

why was not good the 3k shield? who is bored with it let him play with something else. on a heavier map (Pluto) impossible 300 shields to accomplish.

Well, no it's not, otherwise no one would still be doing them. And as people have said, with adapted tactics (or switching to armour stacking, which also needs tweaking), they can still do it fine, just not faceroll - which is a good thing.

Wrong, maybe if you play Online with random people, but I've had some extremely smooth 4 player games, by finding people from my own region and joining up in a private game.

Just to second this, I play with friends from around my region as well, and it invariably runs very smoothly. I tried a random online lobby, though, and it was a lagfest.

Just to second this, I play with friends from around my region as well, and it invariably runs very smoothly. I tried a random online lobby, though, and it was a lagfest.

There's often some extremely brutal lag on online games, but I've also been in 4 player random online games, with smooth gameplay, but generally for consistently smooth gameplay, private games are much preferred.

There's often some extremely brutal lag on online games, but I've also been in 4 player random online games, with smooth gameplay, but generally for consistently smooth gameplay, private games are much preferred.

Indeed! I only popped on a random to see what it was like. Largely with this type of game, I prefer to play with friends.

300 shields is plenty to solo Pluto. And if it's not for you, wait until you have better mods. Pluto is endgame content and noone has an account older than three weeks or so, right? Why should everybody be able to solo the hardest area of the game that soon?

As far as armor goes, my Rhino with something like three 70% and three 65% armor mods with +140 health doesn't seem to have any less trouble than my melee Excalibur with 440 shields when soloing Hades. It's not too tricky with either as long as you have decent weapons and use your abilities. That last part is key as before I was used to running the entire mission with 200 energy, now I rely on them to survive.

IMO i would like to see the % system back in use with the sheilds but as an additive to the base sheilds that you have that way you can still get decant amount of sheilds and still not have stupid amounts, also limiting the cap to about 50% instdead of 70% would be better (assuming they swiched to additive percentages)

Edited by Koagedo

IMO i would like to see the % system back in use with the sheilds but as an additive to the base sheilds that you have that way you can still get decant amount of sheilds and still not have stupid amounts, also limiting the cap to about 50% instdead of 70% would be better (assuming they swiched to additive percentages)

I have +44 shield mods. So what will be the difference with +44% additive mods? The shield from the suit lvls is additive too.

I have +44 shield mods. So what will be the difference with +44% additive mods? The shield from the suit lvls is additive too.

The difference is insanely big.

If you had 300 armor and applied the +44 mod, you'd have 344 armor, however if you applied the 44% mod you'd have 432 armor.

Basically the larger your base value already was, the more potent the mods became.

For example if you had a 700 base shield, and you got a 70% shield mod, your shield would increase to a wopping 1190.

Edited by FanaticGamer

I think the nerf was a bit off in intended effect, yes it reduced the over zealous stackers with pro unlocked slots, but it also reduced those who were low stat and not pro unlocked, those with 400 shield went down to 200, and 200 as a level 30 is pretty bad and progress hindering while using the best mods you can find after 25hrs of acumulated gameplay. It should have been a stacking penalty reduction or increased static values.

No level 30 should have a shield so low a level 10ish mob can 1 hit him on a bad day.

Note: I should mention, consider that 200 cut in half in an ice level, nice 100+ish sheild in the upper missions is unbearable.

Edited by endevite

the diffrence is say you have 2 50 sheild mods and 2 50% sheild mods that are added to the base not total as they used to, witha base sheild of 200 the flat mods would give you 300 but the 50% ones would give you 300 wheras before this patch 2 50% mods would give 450

Edit:

Also i havn't found any indication to waht base armour is and how it works id like a stat that says 100 arm, reduces regular bullet damage by xx%

Edited by Koagedo

The difference is insanely big.

If you had 300 armor and applied the +44 mod, you'd have 344 armor, however if you applied the 44% mod you'd have 432 armor.

Basically the larger your base value already was, the more potent the mods became.

For example if you had a 700 base shield, and you got a 70% shield mod, your shield would increase to a wopping 1190.

U have a 100 base shield, and u cant change it. U can see it in the description of slots,mods. So +70% shield is +70 shield.

the diffrence is say you have 2 50 sheild mods and 2 50% sheild mods that are added to the base not total as they used to, witha base sheild of 200 the flat mods would give you 300 but the 50% ones would give you 300 wheras before this patch 2 50% mods would give 450

Edit:

Also i havn't found any indication to waht base armour is and how it works id like a stat that says 100 arm, reduces regular bullet damage by xx%

I read that it is health damage reduction.

Edited by Faul

U have a 100 base shield, and u cant change it. U can see it in the description of slots,mods. So +70% shield is +70 shield.

I read that it is health damage reduction.

yes i understand that BUT there is no info on

1. how much you start with 10-100-1000

2. how much reduction your armour gives you

3. well bad info on stats in general

Also as far as i understand it the sheild cap upgrade slots upgrade your "base" it doesn't just add som on top

what we really could do with is a dev to read all of this and make ONE BIG LONG POST clarifying everything, likleyhood 1%

Edited by Koagedo

With upgrades you have a 200 base shield, and the % was cummulative. It didn't add on your base shield values, but on your current.

Actually i just counted with a fully unlocked frame its 250 :D not to ruin anything just wanted to point it out :D also with a fully unlocked frame you get 8 mod slots with a 50% that only adds from base sheild 1250 at max sheilds but that leaves little room for anything else compared to the old patch where 8 50% mods would get you 6.4k wich is a huge diffrence, even considering that the old max cap was 70% wich gives you even more then 6.4k

also all this is assuming that they go back to percent, use it as additive to base not just stacking as it was and lower the cap to 50 (alot of assumptions here i know but thats what we are here for)

Edited by Koagedo