The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Needs A 'vote To Kick Player' Button

TheTechieAngler

@fredbred

Even if you do ensure that people cant join shortly before completion, what do you do about all of the high levels joining lower ranked players missions?

I've seen missions where a high ranked player in uber gear joined a team of R0's and R1's for an exterminate.

By the end he had 100% of the kills and damage done.

Under your plan that would tag all of the new players as AFKers for 50 missions, and all of the repercussions that would come from that.  And all due to absolutely no fault of their own.

Add to the fact that there is no easy way to stop that as you only need to be R2 to get the boltor prime through trades and such and that starts to become a bigger and bigger issue.

Yes, that is why suggested Damage and not Kills. But is somebody dos not have a single hit in the whole mission, did he even participate? Does he deserve a reward? If so, maybe we just stay in the menu highlighting the various mission and get the reward. What's the difference?

Oh, wow, a big fat middle finger to all stealth players. How creative.

If stealth means that you do not make a single hit in a mission and let the other struggle with the fight, that's what I would call an abuse of the fact, that he cannot be kicked. 

If somebody does not have one single hit in the whole mission, I don't think its fair to reward him.

If stealth means that you do not make a single hit in a mission and let the other struggle with the fight, that's what I would call an abuse of the fact, that he cannot be kicked. 

thats almost exactly what a lot of loki/ash players do on capture missions, it still completes the mission tho.

Invite Only / Friends Only / Solo is what that's for. If you're going on Public and someone's pissing you off, just /ignore them. Problem solved.

Oh, and, that would really be exploitable. Dark Sector Conflicts and the like, with alts from the defenders kicking attacking members.

thats almost exactly what a lot of loki/ash players do on capture missions, it still completes the mission tho.

Don't you have to shoot the subject before you can capture?

I am not saying that people cannot come up with better rules but:

- If you would be playing stealth, a single hit would work for you

- if somebody abuses stealth (eg exterminate missions), he currently only gets rewarded - at the end

If you hack a console or capture or destroy a reactor, that should still count as hit. 

If somebody does not have one single hit in the whole mission, I don't think its fair to reward him.

Impressive. You can't even imagine somebody having a different playstyle. No stealthing in your ninja game!

Invite Only / Friends Only / Solo is what that's for. If you're going on Public and someone's &!$$ing you off, just /ignore them. Problem solved.

Oh, and, that would really be exploitable. Dark Sector Conflicts and the like, with alts from the defenders kicking attacking members.

Fair point - dark sector would  need a special treatment. Btw - this is the place that is currently abused the other way - joining your rival's team and loose the game ,because there is not punishment for it.

Impressive. You can't even imagine somebody having a different playstyle. No stealthing in your ninja game!

I can, but I thing that the game should favour the majority. If you play a stealth game, you should still contribute to the team towards the goal. Do you? If so, how? Or do you just wait for the team to do the work?

Yes, that is why suggested Damage and not Kills. But is somebody dos not have a single hit in the whole mission, did he even participate? Does he deserve a reward? If so, maybe we just stay in the menu highlighting the various mission and get the reward. What's the difference?

So a high rank rusher that joins an exterminate mission and kills *everything* before the low ranked players can even catch up (which I have seen happen and been on the receiving end of) is perfectly fine and deserves the rewards, but the low ranked players who weren't able to do anything because they simply couldn't, dont deserve a reward and deserve a mark against them for 50 missions even though there was nothing that they could do to stop it?

How is that fair to the low ranked players?

And all that does is give rushers another way of ruining the mission for low ranked players.

And how does that make anything better at all?

Not everyone knows how to copter, and when you have a frame like Ember using constant WOF and coptering ahead of the group it can sometimes be hard to get a kill or even damage in on an exterminate mission.

I dont think that a rusher should just be able to deny everyone else any sort of reward at all.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I can, but I thing that the game should favour the majority. If you play a stealth game, you should still contribute to the team towards the goal. Do you? If so, how? Or do you just wait for the team to do the work?

Like I said. You can't even imagine someone playing this game in a different way.

Why the hell should I have to stop and kill one token mob when I solo sabotage/espionage/whatever with my Loki? It's stupid.

So a high rank rusher that joins an exterminate mission and kills *everything* before the low ranked players can even catch up (which I have seen happen and been on the receiving end of) is perfectly fine, but the low ranked players who weren't able to do anything because they simply couldn't dont deserve a reward and deserve a mark against them for 50 missions even though there was nothing that they could do to stop it?

How is that fair to the low ranked players?

And all that does is give rushers another way of ruining the mission for low ranked players.

Ops, not a mark. But their contribution to the completion of the mission is highly questionable.

The mark was suggested for a kick, the topic of this thread. 

Like I said. You can't even imagine someone playing this game in a different way.

Why the hell should I have to stop and kill one token mob when I solo sabotage/espionage/whatever with my Loki? It's stupid.

Since different games have different rules, maybe this should be also per mod.

Probably the exterminate, survival, defence mission should require a hit.

But you still need to do something in the others. Or you just run the levels?

Since different games have different rules, maybe this should be also per mod.

Probably the exterminate, survival, defence mission should require a hit.

But you still need to do something in the others. Or you just run the levels?

So, special rules for everything? Is this a ninja game or line dancing?

So, special rules for everything? Is this a ninja game or line dancing?

Yes, there are different rules for every mod right now, you should know that. 

That means, that to complete exterminate, the goal is to kill all enemies.

To complete defence mission, you need to protect something etc.

@fredbred
The main reason I brought up the point of a rusher being able to deny low-to-mid rank players of the rewards from a mission was this statement in your first post:

players, who do not do any damage during a session, get NO rewards and do not complete the mission and get a message about it; 

And I still have to ask: How is that fair to anyone?
The rusher gets the reward and he was able to troll everyone else and prevent them from getting any rewards by coptering through the level as an Ember with WoF and killing all of the exterminate enemies before anyone else could see them, let alone shoot them.
Why shouldn't the low levels get a reward from the mission that a high level joined in with no warning and ruined it for them?
Why should the new players get penalised even though they couldn't do anything and it was impossible for them to contribute in the mission?

Why should a high rank rusher be able to deny everyone else in the squad the rewards for the mission?  Especially since its not possible to prevent it from happening.

@fredbred

The main reason I brought up the point of a rusher being able to deny low-to-mid rank players of the rewards from a mission was this statement in your first post:

And I still have to ask: How is that fair to anyone?

The rusher gets the reward and he was able to troll everyone else and prevent them from getting any rewards by coptering through the level as an Ember with WoF and killing all of the exterminate enemies before anyone else could see them, let alone shoot them.

Why shouldn't the low levels get a reward from the mission that a high level joined in with no warning and ruined it for them?

Why should the new players get penalised even though they couldn't do anything and it was impossible for them to contribute in the mission?

Why should a high rank rusher be able to deny everyone else in the squad the rewards for the mission?  Especially since its not possible to prevent it from happening.

It's more fair to get nothing for no contribution than to get reward for AFK.

The question is - how often will you miss a reward because of this and how many players will stop abusing AFK and reward for being.

I have been trough lvls where I could not keep up with the first two players, but that happened maybe 3 times, and I played over 360hours. I have, however, had many games, where I joined a public game and the host or a client was just sitting there waiting for the mission to complete itself. Certainly over a 100 games of AFK abuse.

Yes, there are different rules for every mod right now, you should know that. 

That means, that to complete exterminate, the goal is to kill all enemies.

To complete defence mission, you need to protect something etc.

I need to quote this to preserve the hilarity factor. This is too much.

There are only three cases in this game where the completion reward is worth writing home about: alerts, void towers, and dark sectors. Worthile alerts are hella rare, void has already been nerfed into oblivion, and dark sectors will soon go the way of invasions. Everywhere else mob drops are the only worthwhile rewards. Hell, there isn't even any point pubbing survivals anymore since 90% of void rewards are keys.

All your solutions would just punish people for getting auto-sorted into the wrong group.

Edited by Synthua

@fredbred
And how many times have you ran pug earth missions since kubrows were released?
Because I can tell you that about 6 or 7 times out of 10 I see an ember or two show up to farm for fast kubrow eggs and completely wipe the map before the lower level player can do anything.  And then the low level is just left running through an empty level with absolutely nothing to do except pick up resources and mods.

On some maps it happens quite often.
And I dont think that we should give the rushers the ability to troll everyone else in the group.
Because if you give people the ability to troll that way they will.

Don't you have to shoot the subject before you can capture?

1 single hit with a dread/etc yeah, but all the rest of the time you can kill exactly nothing.

thats technically statswise no different to some1 killing 1 mob then going afk the rest of the mission and letting their teammates doing the rest.

Edited by Methanoid

I suggested a one hit rule to tackle the annoyance of AFK players. You are welcome to present a better idea.

then ppl would just shoot twice, afaik there is no perfect solution except preform'd groups or just up and quiting the game yourself when meeting idiots.

I must admit it does get a little frustrating when novice players use sound quake on infested defence stun locking all the enemies for 20 seconds effectivly bringing the mission to a screeching halt, or using radial blind on sargus ruk so he won't attack won't expose week spots bringing the mission to a screeching halt.

However there will never be a kick because that is giving players to much power over other players, and it will most certainly be abused.

Stunning infested is a bad thing in defense? Not sure what planet your from, but where I come from stopping enemies from killing/destroying/sabotaging the target is the goal, and if its achieved by stopping, or slowing the enemies down with abilites from Vauban, Rhino, Hydroid, or Banshee then let the rain come!

Also I still stand against kick buttons. Its an abuse-able button that WILL be ABUSED.

Edited by Arlayn

Maybe.

I think its a good idea to put in a vote kick.

But with some things, they need to make it hard to vote someone out that of the 4 all 3 should click Y in order to succesfull kick someone out. This is to make the abuse chance as small as possible.

And the persone who gets kicked, should get evrything the same way as he/she succeeded the mission, (Exp bonus, All mods and recources that are collected) Because when there still is speaking off abusment he/she wont lose things he/she earnd.

Like this i think it would have more positive effect then negative.

Edited by HmmYourDead

Maybe.

I think its a good idea to put in a vote kick.

But with some things, they need to make it hard to vote someone out that of the 4 all 3 should click Y in order to succesfull kick someone out. This is to make the abuse chance as small as possible.

And the persone who gets kicked, should get evrything the same way as he/she succeeded the mission, (Exp bonus, All mods and recources that are collected) Because when there still is speaking off abusment he/she wont lose things he/she earnd.

Like this i think it would have more positive effect then negative.

Ps. It is a invalid argument to say: "My team sucks so i wanna kick it". You have the possibility to play with friends and clan mates (Invite only option). That way you dont have the chance of running into a beginner. And ofcourse there is a recruitment channel in wich you can make requirements in order to join.

Can't give the kicked player all the rewards as if completed.  Otherwise enterprising clowns will form a group and cycle in and out all their friends as fast as possible for free loot while sitting in a cleared out room.

@HmmYourDead
What about void rewards?
Because either you're leaving it open to trolling people and denying them void rewards or you're leaving it open for people to exploit for free void rewards + no need to use a void key.
Either way you look at it something is seriously wrong there.