The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Needs A 'vote To Kick Player' Button

TheTechieAngler

My vote is for the option to vote kick if the player is AFK only. Unrestricted vote kicks allows too much room for abuse.

Also, vote kicks should be allowed in lobbies, and direct kick access to key holders in a lobby.

Edited by Cisor

@Gillityr @Tsukinoki

You dont understand. I was purely talking about the persone getting kicked receiving wich he/she "deserved". However you did adress that if so done, they should enabled for later joined peeps to pick up loot that already was dropped.

To kick AFK players (suggestion):

If a player is one/two minutes AFK, the others will be able to vote kick. If the Votekick is successful (majority of the group), the AFK player becomes a warning message whether he is AFK and that he will be removed from the squad in 5/10 seconds, unless he presses N. If he is not AFK, he can press N and remain in game.

I would rather have this not done automatically, since there can be situations where you want to wait for a player who has his answering phone call / door bell etc.

If somebody is waiting in front of the screen ready to push N but be otherwise AFK, then he is likely to suffer more than the team :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Was just doing the cryotic thing, was playing in the new ice level, and i ended up in one digger alone because it was far off from the rest. I was playing nyx so i could handle it. I stopped paying attention to what other 2 people were doing because the digger kept dropping in that spot. Then the main power core ran out of energy and when i went over to power it up i notice that no one was actually doing anything. And since i wasnt paying attention it looks like the other two dudes just ran back to spawn and i was the only person actually doing anything.

I ran to extract and since the other two were afk i couldn't leave. I couldnt even stay at extract cause shields deplete so i had to run in and out hoping one of the two noticed. I didnt leave the game cause i just needed 800 to get the gun going and i got that. One of them finally noticed when i typed calling for one of them to get to extraction.

The dude that tried ended up getting killed along the way cause the stage was filled with enemies. I didnt make it to him on time and he left. He happened to be the host so there was a migration and luckily i ended up in my own game and got to leave and keep the mats.

We need this naaaaooohhh. Make it so after a minute of inactivity a kick vote appears. If it gets voted down the person then has now 30 of inactivity before another vote comes up. On the third they should be kicked out automatically.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

My main issue with this, is as a new player, I'll constantly get kicked due to my inexperience. even today I was in a group fighting the Phorid, and i accidently started shooting Corpus (old habits die hard, corpus scum....) so when my team mates noticed i they started melee-ing me to stop. i learned, but with a kick player i wouldnt get that learning experience. it would be "who these guys are just being dumb" instead of "Oh! We team up with the corpus in infested missions! Got it!" itd be nice to have against greifers. but as someone who has only been playing the game since launch on 9-2 (I'm an XBoner if it wasn't obvious) it would really hurt my experience and stop me from playing.

it is so frustrating especially playing on survival and people keep activating life support at 70% it just wastes it, baring in mind the life support drops passed a certain amount of time drop so much... it just ruins the game and get everyone annoyed when youve asked the person nicely to only activate life support at a certain percentage.. but they dont listen and just ruins the fun game you were hoping to play with friends... 

Who cares about activating life support at 70%  The real problem is jerks who want to turn the game into a stupid race.  They copter everywhere because they have to be one who gets all the kills.  Or get to the sabotage objective first.  Or they have to be ones who do all of the captures.

I just played a game with a rhino who went iron skin and ran past every infested.  Unbeknownst to him, I had my 6 forma amprex that drops everything while I run at full speed so I was able to keep up with him

So yes, the jerks who turn the game into a race I wish could be kicked.

I like to hit it at 64 percent. It puts the air supply at 93 percent and it takes in for someone hitting a personnel air canister. 70 doesn't hurt anything either. Someone hitting at 80 or 90 is them trolling or they are really new to the game.

I just wish DE would place a button at the exit so you can grab a pod and go if the team you're with is going to go over what you can actually handle, or they are just not worth sticking around for.

I'll try to go 35 minutes with a 11 frame, but by then you're more a hindrance than a help, so I'll duck to the exit and try to keep from getting encapped while providing a sole survivor so everyone can get out with everything they picked up, especially when you hit zero and everyone is going down becuase they weren't paying attention to the air supply and their getting mugged by 37 and higher.

Who cares about activating life support at 70%  The real problem is jerks who want to turn the game into a stupid race.  They copter everywhere because they have to be one who gets all the kills.  Or get to the sabotage objective first.  Or they have to be ones who do all of the captures.

I just played a game with a rhino who went iron skin and ran past every infested.  Unbeknownst to him, I had my 6 forma amprex that drops everything while I run at full speed so I was able to keep up with him

Isn't that annoying. I hate when they turn it into a race. Every PVE game that's requires farming this happens. I just play with maxed gear. I don't feel rushed then so I don't have to race.

Isn't that annoying. I hate when they turn it into a race. Every PVE game that's requires farming this happens. I just play with maxed gear. I don't feel rushed then so I don't have to race.

Some ppl play just to get directly to the objectives, not going for a walk in the park to view the scenery.

No. I will never support a vote kick option and I think that if DE does put it in, I will actually stop playing warframe.
Because the way the community is right now, will result in high discrimination of players.

"Oh you don't have X this and X that? *kick*"

"Oh god look he's X frame, just kick him he isn't gonna be of any use at all".

"Ugh, he's melee only. *kick*"

*oh god, he's a black and white frame *kick*" <-- Yes, I have seen this happen. It wasn't a kick, but the host had recreated the session because he didn't want a black and white player in the team.

No. I will never support a vote kick option and I think that if DE does put it in, I will actually stop playing warframe.

Because the way the community is right now, will result in high discrimination of players.

"Oh you don't have X this and X that? *kick*"

"Oh god look he's X frame, just kick him he isn't gonna be of any use at all".

"Ugh, he's melee only. *kick*"

*oh god, he's a black and white frame *kick*" <-- Yes, I have seen this happen. It wasn't a kick, but the host had recreated the session because he didn't want a black and white player in the team.

This ^^^

Some ppl play just to get directly to the objectives, not going for a walk in the park to view the scenery.

If the trees were coughing up sixy or seventy gold coins and lattes everytime you gave it shake you'd have a picnic basket and blanket under your arm for your month long stay in the hundred acre wood. Mind the Pooh Bears.

I'm not sure, but I think there is a tiny bit of difference between coptering every spare second to get every kill, every capture, every sabotage objective, and so on and a "walk in the park to view the scenery."

A tiny bit with just enough difference to hid the grand canyon.

If the trees were coughing up sixy or seventy gold coins and lattes everytime you gave it shake you'd have a picnic basket and blanket under your arm for your month long stay in the hundred acre wood. Mind the Pooh Bears.

Then by all means stay at the tree you like. Hug it if you must.

I'm not sure, but I think there is a tiny bit of difference between coptering every spare second to get every kill, every capture, every sabotage objective, and so on and a "walk in the park to view the scenery."

A tiny bit with just enough difference to hid the grand canyon.

Even if coptering is gone, you will still see players rushing and running through to get to the objectives. It is just a method they use to make the process faster, nothing more. And you will still see ppl complaining of seeing others not playing the way you want them to be. You can slow them down, but they will still do it nonetheless.

What you're ranting on about now is the method used due to players' behaviour. In fact, the Rhino you played with had had no reason to stop to kill those Infested. If it's not an Exterminate/Def/Surv mission, why bother to kill em? They will just spawn more in another spot anyways. Maybe he's just there to get to the objective and be done with it. That is his way of playing. Is that a wrong thing?

Even if coptering is gone, you will still see players rushing and running through to get to the objectives. It is just a method they use to make the process faster, nothing more. And you will still see ppl complaining of seeing others not playing the way you want them to be. You can slow them down, but they will still do it nonetheless.

What you're ranting on about now is the method used due to players' behaviour. In fact, the Rhino you played with had had no reason to stop to kill those Infested. If it's not an Exterminate/Def/Surv mission, why bother to kill em? They will just spawn more in another spot anyways. Maybe he's just there to get to the objective and be done with it. That is his way of playing. Is that a wrong thing?

Well, true, players would still rush and run, but right now some players can copter and some can't.  Sure, a player can always equip a coptering weapon. but then what's the fun in that?

Look, I don't mean to rail against coptering.  I don't do it and if DE wanted to get rid of it, I'd be fine with it.  I think it's stupid, but it's in the game we play and if someone wants to do it, then so be it.

About that rhino, I didn't say he played "wrong."  He played selfishly.  He played immaturely.  Look, if someone wants to play that way then load the game solo and go have a blast.  However, the game is co-op.  There are 3 other payers in the game.  They want to play the game.  They want to get warframe, primary, secondary, melee, kubrow, sentinel, and sentinel weapon exp.  They want to achieve their affinity points.  They want to collect mods and credits.  They want to fight the bosses.  They want to possibly fight the teleporting bad guys.  They want to play the game.  After all, that's why we are all here.

Well, true, players would still rush and run, but right now some players can copter and some can't.  Sure, a player can always equip a coptering weapon. but then what's the fun in that?

Look, I don't mean to rail against coptering.  I don't do it and if DE wanted to get rid of it, I'd be fine with it.  I think it's stupid, but it's in the game we play and if someone wants to do it, then so be it.

About that rhino, I didn't say he played "wrong."  He played selfishly.  He played immaturely.  Look, if someone wants to play that way then load the game solo and go have a blast.  However, the game is co-op.  There are 3 other payers in the game.  They want to play the game.  They want to get warframe, primary, secondary, melee, kubrow, sentinel, and sentinel weapon exp.  They want to achieve their affinity points.  They want to collect mods and credits.  They want to fight the bosses.  They want to possibly fight the teleporting bad guys.  They want to play the game.  After all, that's why we are all here.

What you find fun or un-fun may not hold the same for the other players. You're taking into consideration from only your own point of view now. And that alone is a selfish statement. Some people like it and find it fun, you don't. It's simple as that.

If you're not against coptering, then your statement of "They copter everywhere because they have to be one who gets all the kills.  Or get to the sabotage objective first.  Or they have to be ones who do all of the captures." and "coptering every spare second to get every kill, every capture, every sabotage objective, and so on" is what then? Why must you use the term coptering if your main point is that they are rushing/ playing selfishly? You use those examples twice, with a sense of emphasis in each of them.  If you look closely, the main problem isn't the coptering, it's the player's attitude.

What if 3 of the players in the squad are the ones rushing to the objective and not caring about those pesky minions back there with a common goal of directly killing the boss? Would the last one behind taking his sweet time is being "selfish" because he did not adhere to their playstyle? Have you ever considered that? You claim to have met that 1 rusher in your team being selfish, I may also claim to have met that 1 guy who is always the one holding the team back. Shall the 3 kick him because he is "too slow"? Should we suggest that 1 guy to load the game solo if he wanna go slow?

No offence, but you are being hypocritical in this sense. Look at the bigger picture from both sides before making your claims. Not everyone has the same situation . If that guy is acting like a kid(eg. trashtalking the squad for not reviving him because he ran so far ahead and got downed), then yes, you can say he is playing immaturely. In the end, it all goes down to players' behaviour, which we all know are different from each individual.

TL;DR You are not happy that that one guy is playing the game the way he likes it so you wanna kick him.

What you find fun or un-fun may not hold the same for the other players. You're taking into consideration from only your own point of view now. And that alone is a selfish statement. Some people like it and find it fun, you don't. It's simple as that.

Well, yes, it is my point of view.  It's my opinion.  No, it isn't selfish.  Sure, some people find it fun.  I don't.  Some people also like to eat dogs.  I don't.  Does that make opinion selfish?  Nope.  It's still my opinion.

If you're not against coptering, then your statement of "They copter everywhere because they have to be one who gets all the kills.  Or get to the sabotage objective first.  Or they have to be ones who do all of the captures." and "coptering every spare second to get every kill, every capture, every sabotage objective, and so on" is what then? Why must you use the term coptering if your main point is that they are rushing/ playing selfishly? You use those examples twice, with a sense of emphasis in each of them.  If you look closely, the main problem isn't the coptering, it's the player's attitude.

Of course it's the player's attitude.  That's why I started with "Look, I don't mean to rail against coptering." and finished with "I think it's stupid, but it's in the game we play and if someone wants to do it, then so be it."

What if 3 of the players in the squad are the ones rushing to the objective and not caring about those pesky minions back there with a common goal of directly killing the boss? Would the last one behind taking his sweet time is being "selfish" because he did not adhere to their playstyle? Have you ever considered that? You claim to have met that 1 rusher in your team being selfish, I may also claim to have met that 1 guy who is always the one holding the team back. Shall the 3 kick him because he is "too slow"? Should we suggest that 1 guy to load the game solo if he wanna go slow?

No offence, but you are being hypocritical in this sense. Look at the bigger picture from both sides before making your claims. Not everyone has the same situation . If that guy is acting like a kid(eg. trashtalking the squad for not reviving him because he ran so far ahead and got downed), then yes, you can say he is playing immaturely. In the end, it all goes down to players' behaviour, which we all know are different from each individual.

TL;DR You are not happy that that one guy is playing the game the way he likes it so you wanna kick him.

Depends.  What is the last one doing?  If he is just going slow and checking every loot chest, then nope.  He's not affecting the team because his slowness doesn't affect the team.  Now, if he's carry a datamass then yes, he is being selfish.  Obviously.

You are confusing "affecting the team" with "speed".  DE even knows of the problem.  Why do you think the locked door that requires two players to open even exists?  To prevent one uberpowered player from streaking through the mission and completing it.  That's why it is there; to allow the rest of the team to catch up.

You're also missing the point.  If a player has a certain specific goal that isn't team friendly IN A CO-OP GAME, then yes, he should load the game solo.  When I was a low level char and I needed to go resource farming, I would go solo and load up a higher level exterminate map.  That way I could go as slow as I wanted, take my time on the kills if I needed to heal, and check every loot drop.  If a player wants to do nothing but complete an objective by running through the map as fast as possible, then yes, that player should play solo.  BECAUSE HE EFFECTIVELY IS PLAYING SOLO.

I'm not being hypocritical as all.  I am looking at both sides.  I'm not saying that such players shouldn't play the game.  If a player wants to play that way, go solo.  That way their selfish goals, again IN A CO-OP game, don't ruin the mission for the other players.  You have a different way to gauge immaturity.  I don't mind people that rush ahead and get popped.  I laugh and laugh and laugh at them.  I even laugh at them in the chat window so they know I'm laughing at them.

Of course it comes down to player behavior.  A player rushing ahead and dying doesn't affect the team.  A player rushing ahead just to do the objectives does.  Oh, and the jerks that HAVE to carry the datamass.  I don't get those people either.  They'll stand facing the console 30 seconds ahead of time, while the other 3 players are actually defending the objective, just to get the datamass.  Or they'll stand at the side of the console when someone unlocks the datamass and they grab it.  Those people are freaks.

Yes, I would vote to kick the guy that runs ahead of everyone else so they get the objective and feed their ego.

Well, yes, it is my point of view.  It's my opinion.  No, it isn't selfish.  Sure, some people find it fun.  I don't.  Some people also like to eat dogs.  I don't.  Does that make opinion selfish?  Nope.  It's still my opinion.

Now you're being contradictory to yourself. "Sure, a player can always equip a coptering weapon. but then what's the fun in that?" which I replied with "Some people like it and find it fun, you don't. It's simple as that." Don't repeat my point and saying it as your own. The moment you said "Who cares about activating life support at 70%  The real problem is jerks who want to turn the game into a stupid race." is the moment you turned it into a selfish opinion. You're suggesting a vote kick option mainly because of this, not because of the true problem that lies ahead, which won't solve this matter at all.

Of course it's the player's attitude.  That's why I started with "Look, I don't mean to rail against coptering." and finished with "I think it's stupid, but it's in the game we play and if someone wants to do it, then so be it."

No, you first started your whole point with "They copter everywhere because they have to be one who gets all the kills.  Or get to the sabotage objective first.  Or they have to be ones who do all of the captures." and "coptering every spare second to get every kill, every capture, every sabotage objective, and so on" in your first two previous posts. You could've just said they were rushing and ignoring teamplay, but you chose to use the term coptering as your main point. Do not dodge the topic. Even OP suggested the vote kick primarily because of negative teamplay by another player.

Depends.  What is the last one doing?  If he is just going slow and checking every loot chest, then nope.  He's not affecting the team because his slowness doesn't affect the team.  Now, if he's carry a datamass then yes, he is being selfish.  Obviously.

I've had my fair share of this kind of players. He makes the other 3 to wait for him. Should we call him a jerk as well and kick him?

Will that solve the problem in the long run?

The two-man door is just a band aid solution in an attempt to promote teamplay. What happens after it is opened? Same thing. This is primarily an issue with game mechanics.

And tell me, how many of such elements ARE team friendly in the first place? Eg. In Ext missions, you are given a specified number of targets to kill. Obviously some people would kill more than the other. If its that detrimental to teamplay, DE might as well remove scores from the end screen mission. Of course people wants to see that 100% damage dealt under their names on the screen. It is just human ego.

I laugh and laugh and laugh at them.  I even laugh at them in the chat window so they know I'm laughing at them.

Right, real mature right there.

You're also missing the point.  If a player has a certain specific goal that isn't team friendly IN A CO-OP GAME, then yes, he should load the game solo.  When I was a low level char and I needed to go resource farming, I would go solo and load up a higher level exterminate map.  That way I could go as slow as I wanted, take my time on the kills if I needed to heal, and check every loot drop.  If a player wants to do nothing but complete an objective by running through the map as fast as possible, then yes, that player should play solo.  BECAUSE HE EFFECTIVELY IS PLAYING SOLO.

While I understand with this situation, I wouldn't count on the solution of vote kick. If you really are looking at both sides, then you should know that you could create your own squad as easily as he could go solo if you hate to meet those kinds of players. You chose to take the risk of running into these kind of ppl the moment you set your games to "Public".

Of course it comes down to player behavior.  A player rushing ahead and dying doesn't affect the team.  A player rushing ahead just to do the objectives does.  Oh, and the jerks that HAVE to carry the datamass.  I don't get those people either.  They'll stand facing the console 30 seconds ahead of time, while the other 3 players are actually defending the objective, just to get the datamass.  Or they'll stand at the side of the console when someone unlocks the datamass and they grab it.  Those people are freaks.

Yes, I would vote to kick the guy that runs ahead of everyone else so they get the objective and feed their ego.

I get door heroes when defending the console. Even in some games I get all 3 door heroes. I'm the only left with defending the console just because they like to run out the door and clear enemies outside while ignoring the ones inside. And I effectively lose potential overall xp by them doing so. Those are jerks too right? You see, grabbing the datamass isn't the issue here. It doesn't affect teamplay on whoever grabs the datamass first. You don't get extra bonus for grabbing it. The team loses nothing as well. The only difference is who can start the hacking first. What's the problem? You're making a fuss over nothing.

You're the one missing the point here actually. It's the part when they are defending and how they defend the console is the problem. But this stems from the flawed system of enemies spawn points. But that is a difficult issue to discuss. I'm not a game designer, I can't say.

I'm done here.  You're disagreeing with me just to disagree and I just don't have the desire to go over more mindless minutiae.  Yes, I'd vote to kick players that selfishly hold the team hostage to their playing style.  If they don't care about anything but the cash reward or the final reward then they should play solo.  BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING SOLO.  Not sure how difficult that is to understand.  I don't know if they do that for ego's sake, mission speed, selfishness, or some other reason.  But it doesn't matter because the only difference is by them being IN A CO-OP game is they are effectively ruining that mission for the other players.

I'm done here.  You're disagreeing with me just to disagree and I just don't have the desire to go over more mindless minutiae.  Yes, I'd vote to kick players that selfishly hold the team hostage to their playing style.  If they don't care about anything but the cash reward or the final reward then they should play solo.  BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING SOLO.  Not sure how difficult that is to understand.  I don't know if they do that for ego's sake, mission speed, selfishness, or some other reason.  But it doesn't matter because the only difference is by them being IN A CO-OP game is they are effectively ruining that mission for the other players.

I've given you every point on why is yours not a good reason yet you have yet to produce a productive counter argument. You are the one who is refusing to listen and choose to let your own reasoning be the sole purpose only. If you don't like their way, THEN MAKE YOUR OWN SQUAD. Is that so hard? You say it's easy to go solo, yet its as easy in making your own squad. If you still can't accept that fact, then I bid you good day in enjoying your daily dose of gaming.

And the people who will be kicked for no good reason? What about the ruined experience they will get? Here's a thought to everyone who sees this. Don't think about kicking and how you'd use it to get rid of players you don't like. Think about kicking in the hands of petulant close-minded morons and how negative of an experience that will be.

" I don't like your frame." *kick*

"I think your frame is broken" *kick*

"You aren't usong ragnarok prime and that weapon is top dps" *kick*

"He went AFK for half a minute at the start of an invasion round, he's obviously leeching" *kick*

"You aren't using the abilities I want you to as often as I want you do" *kick*

"I (justified or unjustified) don't like where you are set up" *kick*

"I (justified or unjustified think you aren't pulling your own weight" *kick*

For everyone who is pro-kicking don't think of what you'll do. Think about it in the hands of someone you wouldn't trust with a pet rock.