The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Needs A 'vote To Kick Player' Button

TheTechieAngler

I'm sorry if you think me slaving over middle mouse to desecrate all game long in survival is me AFKing.

Jokes aside though, given the use of a votekick feature over the number of ways it could be abused, I'd say the potential abuse outweighs its potential benefits.

Yeah because everyone knows how cheerful and helpful people in the game are, surely they won't get mad at kick you off for dumb reasons or anything. 

Ill put up with that as long as i can kick people from invasion catalyst missions that delaying the extract and likely making me not get the catalyst because time if important in those missions.

Ill put up with that as long as i can kick people from invasion catalyst missions that delaying the extract and likely making me not get the catalyst because time if important in those missions.

That's not how it works! The others will be faster too...

The other day, I was playing with three evidently friends from a foreign country, they had little understanding of the game, but looked for their fault to me... luckily for me the game has NO kick function.

Just make the MD-test. Play a mobile defense mission and you will notice that most of the players will run far away for the console. The console would be destroyed quite fast and they couldn't prevent it, because they would be too far away. Fortunately for them, I'll stay back and prohibit that. But those three guys have three times more voting than me, sounds like a working system NOT.

Edited by skillabstinenz

That's not how it works! The others will be faster too...

The other day, I was playing with three evidently friends from a foreign country, they had little understanding of the game, but looked for their fault to me... luckily for me the game has NO kick function.

Just make the MD-test. Play a mobile defense mission and you will notice that most of the players will run far away for the console. The console would be destroyed quite fast and they couldn't prevent it, because they would be too far away. Fortunately for them, I'll stay back and prohibit that. But those three guys have three times more voting than me, sounds like a working system NOT.

So you dont want a system because then they would kick you out and likely fail the mission?

I dont understand, you like saving people and not have them understand the game?

So you dont want a system because then they would kick you out and likely fail the mission?

I dont understand, you like saving people and not have them understand the game?

Will they learn? Every mission I explain. Let them come, more loot, easier and faster to collect and safe for the console. But do they listen? Rarely.

Even if they lose, they will have thousand excuses. Some just don't want to learn. Don't give them power.

I'm done here.  You're disagreeing with me just to disagree and I just don't have the desire to go over more mindless minutiae.  Yes, I'd vote to kick players that selfishly hold the team hostage to their playing style.  If they don't care about anything but the cash reward or the final reward then they should play solo.  BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING SOLO.  Not sure how difficult that is to understand.  I don't know if they do that for ego's sake, mission speed, selfishness, or some other reason.  But it doesn't matter because the only difference is by them being IN A CO-OP game is they are effectively ruining that mission for the other players.

If vote kick ever happened, it could not be forced. An option would have to pop up that a game was initiated with "vote kick" function enabled by host.

I would never start such a game, and If I saw I was entering such a game I would quit and join another because I have already been in other games where people just kicked for ZERO actual proper reasons. In some PvP games I was actually simply doing better then another person, and they started a kick so they could keep up a high KDR.

No one in their right mind would enter a "kick-able game" in which they could be placed in a game with people that are even less reliable then THEY are, with said people having 2 other mates that may decide to kick just to laugh at you.

You know ive played with a lot of people on this so far but despite my misgivings at too often seeing the team let down by the actions of someone or naturally daft kids talking like daft kids on a mic (they are on any game with guns... its a given) the only times ive ever truly felt i wanted a kick player button and when its most needed is with layabouts.

By layabouts i mean the guys who will join a game but be inactive for 10 minutes or so. Why join a game if your decided then was a good time to bugger off and leave your character at the start point? Why not just leave the mission and let someone else join instead? Its awful when this happens and its happened a lot when im grinding warframe parts... Jackal is the worst prob because of how early it is for anyone to access but having three guys hanging about an inactive boss waiting for the four guy to bugger off or actually show up is a guaranteed ruining of the experience. Especially when im only meant to be on for a couple of runs as ive work to go to etc leaving it for ME to end up being the one who quits out all because one guy is holding everyone else back.

For everyone who is pro-kicking don't think of what you'll do. Think about it in the hands of someone you wouldn't trust with a pet rock.

Contained in these two sentences is enough truth to eradicate world's major religions, superstitions like pet rocks, Starbucks and several genres of multiplayer games. 

By layabouts i mean the guys who will join a game but be inactive for 10 minutes or so. Why join a game if your decided then was a good time to bugger off and leave your character at the start point? 

Is it always their fault? You want to play another mission: "waiting for other players...", and you tab out, go afk, or.... When you come back, the game has in most cases already started. Maybe you even forgot, that you queued for a map, because you stumbled over something very interesting.

If you just stay, what do you get: waiting for the group to fill, waiting for the countdown, waiting for the loading to finish, waiting for this one guy with the super long loading time, waiting for the landing movies.... how can one not go afk?

Don't blame the "bad" people, blame the bad game design, which turns them bad. Always fight the root cause, not symptoms!