Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 34 Part 1, Ui Scaling, Mods, And Quests

DE_Adam

Yes, many keep missing the fact (not necessarily in this thread) that most us who are looking for flat 1st person menus are only looking for it to be optional for those that need/like/want it.  

The majority of the feedback these posts and threads get are along the lines of 'well I like it the way it is'.  And that's fine.

I, for one, would never push to take the new UI away from those that like it and have no problems with it.  I just don't understand their resistance to an option being added to alleviate the issues others are having.

Edited by AZAG0TH

A lot of the opinion seems to be

"Don't change it back to the old way, you will take away the thing I now like, even if those others liked it the other way."

and

"how dare you suggest change"

No one wants to ruin your preferences.

But do keep in mind, these changes ruined it for many others as well.

I just hope the UI team stops resisting the notion of actually doing things closer to the old way.

Seems very "we are new and edgy" rather than "we thought about the core user experience and focused on improving it"

There are scale problems at 1280x1024 even. Trying to read mod names/descriptions in Arsenal makes my eyes hurt.

Also, I pray to lotus someone introduces your 'dinamic art design duo' to white text with black outline. That coloured text on coloured cards looks meh.

(not to mention there's no need to make a bronze-coloured card)

Same here, something as basic as 1280x1024, and still probably one of the most used resolution because not many bother to upgrade to a bigger resolution screen (thanks to Anti-Aliasing)...should have more support, I can' t see certain elements, planets in the planet UI are cut off to the left and to the right, thank god there's a spin option or I couldn't access 30% of them...and many more cut-offs, small texts and just narrower field of view in general.

A lot of the opinion seems to be

"Don't change it back to the old way, you will take away the thing I now like, even if those others liked it the other way."

and

"how dare you suggest change"

No one wants to ruin your preferences.

But do keep in mind, these changes ruined it for many others as well.

I just hope the UI team stops resisting the notion of actually doing things closer to the old way.

Seems very "we are new and edgy" rather than "we thought about the core user experience and focused on improving it"

Mind you, getting best of both worlds isn't actually impossible, just requires them to focus on that rather than pretties.

Same here, something as basic as 1280x1024, and still probably one of the most used resolution because not many bother to upgrade to a bigger resolution screen (thanks to Anti-Aliasing)...should have more support, I can' t see certain elements, planets in the planet UI are cut off to the left and to the right, thank god there's a spin option or I couldn't access 30% of them...and many more cut-offs, small texts and just narrower field of view in general.

Yeah, it seems that certain devs are forgetting 3:4 and 4:5 displays still exist.

Yes, many keep missing the fact (not necessarily in this thread) that most us who are looking for flat 1st person menus are only looking for it to be optional for those that need/like/want it.  

I want them to use good HCI design across the board, myself.

i.e. An "option" won't  be interest to people who look at a few of the new menus, feel sick and quit for example, which happened to several people I know of.

And I'm not and won't be happy with the severely reduced functionality of the "new UI" compared to the old one. I'm pretty much on a weekly login at this point.

Edited by DawnFalcon