[DE]Glen

New Network Ports

Thanks glad you have made progress on the issue

• Upvote 3

Please, please, for the love of Lotus pin this to players helping players, I know a ton of people who'd appreciate that information after returning from Warframe burnouts and hiatuses (hiatum?).

• Upvote 22

Is this why Ordis says "I've run diagnostic regressions, all systems nominal, no need to thank me." or is it just part of his diologue?

• Upvote 9

Hotfix kick me out of the game cannot login anymore error internet cannot connect

Is this why Ordis says "I've run diagnostic regressions, all systems nominal, no need to thank me." or is it just part of his diologue?

No. This was Ordis being... Ordis. Just checking himself after you got all the parts to repair him.

• Upvote 2

i wonder with this change will we still see that failed to connect issues that pops up alot for many if not most in warframe when joining others most have to do it twice i wonder if this will fix that problem since this issue has been here for years now ill be really happy to see that issue finally gone

• Upvote 1

I love DE so much because of posts and updates like this. Man If I could one day work for this company..

It's official, working at DE is my dream job. I have been inspired and awe-stricken. 

• Upvote 1

If that means that my game won't stutter even on solo, I'm happy.

Explanations of your work in posts like this also make me happy. :)

Edited by unknow99

I am not sure if I follow your explaination but shouldn't we have to open ports ranging from 4950 to 4955 instead of just 4950 and 4955?

I assume this since you stated "The game attempts to cope with this..." (port 4950 no longer being forwarded by the clients router) "... by predicting that your router will use port 4951 because it is the next port in sequence".

If we only open 4950 & 4955, 4951 will never be an option to be considered by the router or am I missing something here?

Im asking because I had more luck configuring my strict NAT manually since warframe always complained in the past when I left it to UPnP to configure them automatically. It should not be a bad idea to activate UPnP on both, game settings and router configs as well as opening ports manually, right?

Strict NAT still confuses me so please bear with me if Im talking gibberish.

• Upvote 1

Had one test tun to the void with one other player and seems to be working after a year.  Strictnat might have been fixed finally.

Gekker it uses both ports, one is in bound and other is out bound, so just set it to 4950 and 4955 but not 4950 too 4955. On my router its:

ports.jpg

As for upnp, you cannot have both port forwarding and unpup at the same time, its one or the other

• Upvote 3

Does this all means that we should be seeing much less "Failed to join session"s?

If it is so...

FINALLY! :D

Edited by Cyborger1
  • Upvote 1

I am not sure if I follow your explaination but shouldn't we have to open ports ranging from 4950 to 4955 instead of just 4950 and 4955?

I assume this since you stated "The game attempts to cope with this..." (port 4950 no longer being forwarded by the clients router) "... by predicting that your router will use port 4951 because it is the next port in sequence".

If we only open 4950 & 4955, 4951 will never be an option to be considered by the router or am I missing something here?

Im asking because I had more luck configuring my strict NAT manually since warframe always complained in the past when I left it to UPnP to configure them automatically. It should not be a bad idea to activate UPnP on both, game settings and router configs as well as opening ports manually, right?

Strict NAT still confuses me so please bear with me if Im talking gibberish.

If UPnP isn't working for you and you're getting warnings you should only have to forward the two ports: 4950 and 4955 (but if you're going to do this turn UPnP OFF in Warframe first so they don't fight).

Forwarding the whole range isn't necessary because Warframe is only listening on those two exact ports -- it's the router's external ports that will move around.

Prediction is our last resort for routers that don't work the way we'd expect (ie: there's no UPnP or manual mappings and and the automatic temporary mappings are uncooperative). 

• Upvote 2

Gekker it uses both ports, one is in bound and other is out bound, so just set it to 4950 and 4955 but not 4950 too 4955. On my router its:

ports.jpg

As for upnp, you cannot have both port forwarding and unpup at the same time, its one or the other

More specifically: one is for hosting and one is for connecting -- they're both bidirectional.

You're absolutely right: if you're setting up mappings by hand you should turn off UPnP in the Warframe settings becasue as you can see in your case UPnP is making the exact port mappings you'll be doing by hand.

• Upvote 3