Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Platinum?

EHenderson

Question

I have played many games in the past where real currency can be used to buy in game currency. Often on these games, there are ways to acquire free platinum by taking surveys or downloading other games or something of that nature. When Google-ing "warframe free platinum" a few things come up but I am reluctant to try them in fear of them being fake. 

So, fellow tenno, do any of you know of obtaining free platinum?

14 answers to this question

There is only a few: Be lucky and get pickedfrom thousands of others to win some free plat in a livestream.

Or get some free-plat through the daily log-in wheel (extremely rare).

Other than that there is no way to get free platinum.

Edited by Dtexas

Streams from DE?

Yes DE (the name of the company; Digital Extremes) does live Dev streams & another stream where [DE]Rebecca & [DE]Megan (so hawt) called Prime Time play Warframe live & go over fanart & things of that nature. 

Yes DE (the name of the company; Digital Extremes) does live Dev streams & another stream where [DE]Rebecca & [DE]Megan (so hawt) called Prime Time play Warframe live & go over fanart & things of that nature. 

Oh ok, when are the streams?

Over on Twitch, or course. They're also advertised on the main page whenever they happen.

Edit: Oh, I just read your "when" as "where", silly me. This still does partly answers the question, but to be more elaborate, Dev streams seem to happen every 2 to 3 weeks and same goes for Prime Times.

Edited by Cyborger1

Watch the streams from DE and pray, other than that no. 

Streams from DE?

Yes. Digital Extremes, the makers of Warframe, do a live show called Prime Time every Thursday, and Developer Livestreams (or Devstreams, for short) every.... 2 Fridays IIRC? On both of these, they give away Platinum Prizes (1000 Platinum per prize) to random watchers. You have to be logged on Twitch, watching the streams, and lucky, to get one. They tell us here on the forums about 2 days before those air, so just stay around and keep your eyes open.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Guest Tehnoobshow

There is a super rare login reward that gives you 30 plat though (I got it once). But the plat can't be traded for anything like your starting 50 plat.

do a live show called Prime Time every Thursday, and Developer Livestreams (or Devstreams, for short) every.... 2 Fridays IIRC? On both of these, they give away Platinum Prizes (1000 Platinum per prize) to random watchers. You have to be logged on Twitch, watching the streams, and lucky, to get one. They tell us here on the forums about 2 days before those air, so just stay around and keep your eyes open.

Bluemadness pretty much answered your question. You also have to have the Twitch conected to your Facebook as well, I believe. 

The link to the Prime Time''s & the Dev streams are on the main website a few days or so prior to the stream airing. 

The Prime Time streams, Rebecca & Megan play the game live & go over fan art & concepts.

In the Dev streams, the staff go over things like future updates, content, hot topics, game development, answer community questions, & things of that nature. The more grand & interesting (to me) things. 

You also have to have the Twitch conected to your Facebook as well, I believe. 

You don't, you just have to be logged on to Twitch to be eligible to win. You have to connect to Facebook to actually use the chat, but not for the prizes.

The lucky 1000 Plat prize is gained through watching the livestreams. But it's only gained by a lucky draw and only a few do gain. They shoutout your name and than give your IGN for Warframe. Although the chance of winning is slim since quite a lot of people watch it. Best chance is trading.