Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Should I Build Nova For T4 Content?

(PSN)Panaorios

Question

As the title states I would like some help on how I should build my Nova for T4 content. I've been doing a great deal of T4 content and I tend to gravitate towards survival the most. I have had the most success with Nyx, Ash and Zephyr as far as staying alive and making it to 40mins or later. I want to bring my Nova into T4 but i'm not sure how I should build her seeing how she's a "glass cannon". I use all of her abilities except null star and I am able to get AMD to work only some of the time. Any help or tips/builds will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

23 answers to this question

1st build is nice when you got a team of your friends, or highly skilled players. Precisely what I use.

2nd build is the same thing, with less range on MPrime and more power efficiency to use AMD and Worm Hole more, and a buffer against status effects, instead of speed. Solid idea, though remember that Worm Hole is still going to have 33m range with a max Narrow Minded equipped, and that the enemies will outscale your buffer sooner or later. Considering that you are probably going to be taking damage in the first place to acquire a status effect, it's gonna feel less effective than you might think, which is why I recommended redirection to protect you from the intial damage. 225 shield isn't much. Also, since I assume this is your build to use with randoms, chances are you aren't going to have a Nekros scattering health orbs everywhere when you do take heath damage and survive. If I were you, I'd replace Worm Hole with Redirection, although I don't really care for Worm Hole much with my playstyle, so you may benefit from it's presence more than I. Still, things to consider.

Either way, always MPrime a wave of enemies, on sight, in cover, before engaging at all. That will increase your survivability more than anything else ever could.

Edited by (PS4)icysuspect

I suggest you have to use molecular prime and null star. Take out range mods. Duration spreads to the enemy's so there is no need. Also power strength mods. Streamline, rank5 blind rage, intensify, narrow minded max.

well i use this on my 2 forma nova with V & - polarities, instead focusing on range like Siftgod say better focus on your power strength & duration while see efficiency or if i have to forma once more i'll trade skill polarity with D polarities

http://goo.gl/CccKkw < try look at this builder, or if the link won't work http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nova/t_30_12301122013_1-9-2-5-8-5-6-6-5-8-10-5-12-7-6-13-2-3-14-1-5-55-3-5-94-5-3-95-0-3-256-4-2_95-7-14-5-13-7-55-11-256-10-94-5-6-6-12-6-5-9-1-8-8-14_/en/1-0-13 use this one. anyway i'm open for any suggestion since i also use nova at T4 as double damage buffer & slow buff

take note : power strength not only increasing mollecullar explosion damage but also slow rate for both move & attack speed of the enemy which is pretty crucical if you don't have radial disarm type loki in your party

edit : maybe you asking why i use constitution instead narrowminded. like you say, nova was glass cannon. you fall = you dead no matter how thick your armor. so instead increasing my armor/health *which is pretty useless anyway since nova is a glass better get back at my feet quickly while covering buff duration increase to reduce your fleeting expertise negative effect

Edited by sasanao22

Unfortunately for nova, her antimatter drop is still broken, so you have to build completely around M Prime. The main thing there is to find the right balance between power strength and energy efficiency. This is what I use http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nova/t_30_12401120013_1-2-10-5-8-5-6-6-5-8-10-5-12-1-6-49-7-6-55-3-5-95-9-3_f-f-12-6-1-7-55-11-f-f-f-f-6-6-49-12-5-9-95-7-8-14_/en/1-0-13 (1 extra D polarity) Null Star is useless, so you could also forma that slot and put in something usefull like continuity, flow or natural talent

Edit: I have no idea if antimatter drop is still working or not on PS4 but it certainly doesn't on PC

Edited by Elfalpha

Unfortunately for nova, her antimatter drop is still broken, so you have to build completely around M Prime. The main thing there is to find the right balance between power strength and energy efficiency. This is what I use http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nova/t_30_12401120013_1-2-10-5-8-5-6-6-5-8-10-5-12-1-6-49-7-6-55-3-5-95-9-3_f-f-12-6-1-7-55-11-f-f-f-f-6-6-49-12-5-9-95-7-8-14_/en/1-0-13 (1 extra D polarity) Null Star is useless, so you could also forma that slot and put in something usefull like continuity, flow or natural talent

Edit: I have no idea if antimatter drop is still working or not on PS4 but it certainly doesn't on PC

I've heard that it only works if you are the host and that seems to be apparent. I killed Vor in t4 defense with it where I was the host and then in another match it didn't even scratch a crewman's shield.

Is that a no to using Antimatter drop? I've done some spectacular damage with it (when it actually works). 

yes based on all pc player,that thing was bugging so only use those 2 skill portal & slow debuff ulti. nevermind those antimatter or null star

on the other hand. you can consider change both skill slot *the useless 2 slot with D polarities for narrowminded & - for other flow/ or polarities suits your's build.narrowminded usefull in defense & mobile defense so the enemy who still far from nova didn't get slowed before reaching you but prefer no narrowminded for survival *just a tips*

yes based on all pc player,that thing was bugging so only use those 2 skill portal & slow debuff ulti. nevermind those antimatter or null star

on the other hand. you can consider change both skill slot *the useless 2 slot with D polarities for narrowminded & - for other flow/ or polarities suits your's build.narrowminded usefull in defense & mobile defense so the enemy who still far from nova didn't get slowed before reaching you but prefer no narrowminded for survival *just a tips*

I'm more than happy with polarizing and getting rid of the skill slot where null star goes but not so much to get rid of where AMD would go. When it works, it is absolutely amazing. I'd rather keep that open in the case that it is fixed.

Antimatter Drop and Molecular Prime, maxed, obviously.

Use an R4 Blind Rage for maximum slowdown utility, which is capped at 75%. Power strength stacks additively, and Molecular Prime is, at max, a default of +30%. This will also cause Antimatter Drop to amplify absorbed damage by 580%, as opposed to 400%.

Use maxed Continuity, Constitution and Narrow Minded for maximum range AND duration. Antimatter Drop is not affected by range, so there is no drawback here. Molecular Prime was changed to have a wave (with a neat visual effect) that lasts for a default of 6 seconds, with the wave expanding at about 4.5 meters per second, with an approximately effective range of ~30m. With maxed duration, this extends to 16 seconds at 5 meters per second, with an approximately effective range of ~80m. The primed duration will last a long time, at approximately 77 seconds

Streamline and Flow for power efficiency and capacity. Fleeting expertise should not be used, as it decreases duration. You shouldn't really need any further power mods, as the range on this build is ridiculous.

The last two slots are entirely your decision. You can use a very short range Worm Hole for transportation utility, or Redirection and Vitality for a little more survivability. Or opt for sprint speed with Rush and a stamina mod of your choice. Reflex Guard isn't a bad choice, as it might protect you from damage frontside as you cast AMD.

Combine with a Loki with a min/max Radial Disarm to eliminate all danger from affected enemies, a Nekros with a min/max Desecrate for life support/energy/ammo, and a Mag Prime with a min/max Shield Polarize to destroy entire waves of enemies. Lastly, use Corrosive Projection on all 4 players as your aura and Viral as your elemental damage type, designed with a decent status chance, to destroy the leftover Heavy Gunners and Ancients Mag Prime doesn't insta-kil. 

EDIT: As an aside, on the B or C loadout, you can swap R4 Blind Rage with a max Overextended when farming weak mobs to make them run -30% faster, to speed on waves on Sechura, for example, when farming for credits or affinity. This is known as a negative build.

EDIT 2: You can also swap the R4 Blind Range with a regular Intensify, to increase power efficiency a bit. You will lose 15% of slowdown utility, so the mobs will be a little more dangerous, and deal damage a bit faster. You'll also lose +60% of your damage on your AMD as well.

I definitely want her to have at least a degree of survivability. I figure that I should use Vitality for all the things that attack your health directly. But her armor isn't very high so I don't know if that is a good idea.

With the right team, survivability mods are a non-factor, as the mobs will be stuck in place with a baton. With randoms it's a bit more important. With a team of professionals, I'd recommend the Blind Rage build, for max slowdown. I'd use Rush and a stamina mod (or Wormhole), to keep up with my teammates. Your Loki Prime will handle reviving you in the rare instance you are downed, since on a good team you'll be in close proximity and he'll be invisible.

With the wrong team, or random people, I'd use the intensify build with Redirection and Vitality. You'd want to sacrifice some of the slowdown utility on MPrime to use your AMD more, as you won't have a Mag Prime nuke or a Nekros energy machine. Remember, if you have the Guardian sentinel mod, it can effectively double your shield under many circumstances, so Redirection (with Guardian) is always a smart choice. Besides, shields recharge, health doesn't. I'd also recommend Energy Siphon if you can't ensure all 4 members are using Corrosive Projection.

Worm Hole, while interesting, isn't all that great, and is probably a waste of a mod slot. Your playstyle dictates it's usefulness, and even under optimal circumstances it's still burning your energy at the cost of another AMD or MPrime cast. I wouldn't recommend it, IMHO.

Ok based on what I have read so far I have come up with a build

gKfwOH6l.png

This has the cap of -75% moment decrease as well as a stamina increase and speed increase for myself. 

I have also made another build which uses wormhole and Vitality instead of rush/stamina mod for mobility.

fspFwS4l.png

What do you guys think?

1st build is nice when you got a team of your friends, or highly skilled players. Precisely what I use.

2nd build is the same thing, with less range on MPrime and more power efficiency to use AMD and Worm Hole more, and a buffer against status effects, instead of speed. Solid idea, though remember that Worm Hole is still going to have 33m range with a max Narrow Minded equipped, and that the enemies will outscale your buffer sooner or later. Considering that you are probably going to be taking damage in the first place to acquire a status effect, it's gonna feel less effective than you might think, which is why I recommended redirection to protect you from the intial damage. 225 shield isn't much. Also, since I assume this is your build to use with randoms, chances are you aren't going to have a Nekros scattering health orbs everywhere when you do take heath damage and survive. If I were you, I'd replace Worm Hole with Redirection, although I don't really care for Worm Hole much with my playstyle, so you may benefit from it's presence more than I. Still, things to consider.

Either way, always MPrime a wave of enemies, on sight, in cover, before engaging at all. That will increase your survivability more than anything else ever could.

Thank you very much. I will take this into account.

Thanks to everyone that gave an input, it has helped a lot.

One last tip:

With 75% slowdown utility, you are actually able to roll behind enemies and kill them long before they can turn around and try to shoot you. It takes some practice and repetition, but if you can make it a habit, you will not die to primed enemies. They take like 5 seconds to turn around and begin shooting. Also, their accuracy and firerate are awful, so rolling as a general evasion maneuver is also quite powerful. In fact, depending on the situation, you can sometimes just run straight behind them if they are close by and it's a big room... like a supernatural ninja from space... :P That's another use for Rush and Marathon.

When you find a Loki with a min/max radial disarm (a Nova's best friend), you can sit there and watch as they very slowly try to hit you with the baton only for you to step back at the last second. It takes like an entire two seconds for the baton to actually hit you from the time they start the swing, it's hilarious. If I'm running randoms and see a Loki, I ask him if he spams radial disarm. If he says yes, I switch to Nova. Chances are, with this combo, you'll have to extract from the lack of life support, not because the enemies are hard to kill or because they are doing too much damage and downing people.

When primed with 75% slowdown utility, Vor doesn't teleport, he sorta slides like a Michael Jackson moonwalk.

Anyways, have fun getting Loki Prime parts in T4. I enjoy T4 so much I've gotten (and consequently, sold) a bunch of Systems and a few Helmets. Also, dear lord the 5 Fusion Core rewards is AWESOME. Thanks for that one, DE.

One last tip:

With 75% slowdown utility, you are actually able to roll behind enemies and kill them long before they can turn around and try to shoot you. It takes some practice and repetition, but if you can make it a habit, you will not die to primed enemies. They take like 5 seconds to turn around and begin shooting. Also, their accuracy and firerate are awful, so rolling as a general evasion maneuver is also quite powerful. In fact, depending on the situation, you can sometimes just run straight behind them if they are close by and it's a big room... like a supernatural ninja from space... :P That's another use for Rush and Marathon.

When you find a Loki with a min/max radial disarm (a Nova's best friend), you can sit there and watch as they very slowly try to hit you with the baton only for you to step back at the last second. It takes like an entire two seconds for the baton to actually hit you from the time they start the swing, it's hilarious. If I'm running randoms and see a Loki, I ask him if he spams radial disarm. If he says yes, I switch to Nova. Chances are, with this combo, you'll have to extract from the lack of life support, not because the enemies are hard to kill or because they are doing too much damage and downing people.

When primed with 75% slowdown utility, Vor doesn't teleport, he sorta slides like a Michael Jackson moonwalk.

Anyways, have fun getting Loki Prime parts in T4. I enjoy T4 so much I've gotten (and consequently, sold) a bunch of Systems and a few Helmets. Also, dear lord the 5 Fusion Core rewards is AWESOME. Thanks for that one, DE.

Thank you so much, I will start my forma spree now :)

Use an R4 Blind Rage for maximum slowdown utility, which is capped at 75%. Power strength stacks additively, and Molecular Prime is, at max, a default of +30%. This will also cause Antimatter Drop to amplify absorbed damage by 580%, as opposed to 400%.

I find it much better to build with Intensify, which brings it to (Edit: 60%) slow down but lets you reach 75% efficiency with only -50% duration, letting you drop Flow and maintain energy much easier and BR to free up a slot for the build.

I've NEVER heard anyone claim power strength affects AMD before. Source?

Edited by Darzk

I find it much better to build with Intensify, which brings it to 69% slow down but lets you reach 75% efficiency with only -50% duration, letting you drop Flow and maintain energy much easier.

I've NEVER heard anyone claim power strength affects AMD before. Source?

Hmmm, according to the wiki it doesn't. I'll alter the build and try this. Thanks

I'm going to try both the BR build (75% slow) and the Intensify build (60% slow)

I want to see how much of a difference the 15% will make

I guess it's gonna depend on how much you need the free slot. I'd rather have 15% more slow than an extra 10% duration - it's more about not having to install BR and thus freeing up an extra slot for an EHP mod.