Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Realism (My Version Of The Braton)

Hunterfox

Yo! What's up guys? I'm getting close to the 170-hour mark on Warframe and I just decided to see if I could pull off a multi-Forma build with the Braton just for kicks. As I was buying the Braton the other day, I took a look at it and realised that it would be horribly uncomfy to hold/shoulder, and that it doesn't even have a magazine.

Now, I know, I get it--Warframe is in the future or something. It's cool. Tenno are cool. The Braton is cool.

But I just wanted to see what would happen if I tried to take the Braton and redesign it into a weapon that would work in our world today. Modelled and rendered in Blender v2.71.

tldr hey guys I took the operating system of the SCAR-L and threw it in the Braton.

mkii_braton_by_jackbryanreynard-d7u16rc.

Overall Length: 575mm (22.6 in)
Length of Pull: 200mm (7.9 in)
Barrel Length: 255mm (10 in)
Calibre: 5.56x45mm NATO

List of changes:
>Removed pointless doo-dads to create a more solid frame
>Updated iron sights (the in-game model doesn't even have iron sights)
>Added accessory rails
>Changed shape of stock so that it's actually comfy
>Changed the shape of the pistol grip so it's actually comfy (yes that's a Kriss grip)
>Added charging handle and bolt carrier
>Added magazine and magazine well
>Improved fire selector and added magazine release
>Added assembly pins and distinct upper and lower sections
>Added gas block (which you can't see LOL)
>Lowered the barrel to be in line with the bolt carrier and make room for the gas block.

Edited by Hunterfox

I think of the Karak more like an M-16.

I wonder why?

Karak handled a lot like how the M16 or M4 usually does in games. I feel like the Boltor feels a lot like the PK family of light machine guns, performance-wise (RPK, PKP, PKM, etc). Any other parallels?

Braton is by far my favorite looking weapon in WF....it's a pity it really sucks.

Burston > Braton

but Braton Prime > Buston Prime

Also, could we get a smaller before/after pic of the braton before your changes, just to better highlight what your did, OP?

Looks nice though

Karak handled a lot like how the M16 or M4 usually does in games. I feel like the Boltor feels a lot like the PK family of light machine guns, performance-wise (RPK, PKP, PKM, etc). Any other parallels?

When I was a kid, I used to pretend my boxes of Saltine Crackers were rocket launchers, and the cracker packets were the rockets. Ogris looks and handles pretty much the same.

Also, could we get a smaller before/after pic of the braton before your changes, just to better highlight what your did, OP?

Looks nice though

Before:

tcnoxe.png

After:

cweqtv.png

I left the After a bit big so you can see details and stuff.

Edited by Hunterfox

When I was a kid, I used to pretend my boxes of Saltine Crackers were rocket launchers, and the cracker packets were the rockets. Ogris looks and handles pretty much the same.

When I was a kid I used to pretend boxes were space-ships that could think and act like a person. Liset pretty much handles the same way.

your use of blender is amazing, i studied how to use it for about 3 months and i couldent do anything close to this, theres just so much to learn and remember i wish i had the time to practice more, i would get one aspect down and then next week when i had more time to learn i had forgotten it all :/

Thanks for the comparison pics, you really did a nice job. Although I do miss some of the "useless" details toward the front of the gun.

Muh lights, amirite. I really wanted to put that stuff in, but I couldn't justify it to myself from a military perspective.

your use of blender is amazing, i studied how to use it for about 3 months and i couldent do anything close to this, theres just so much to learn and remember i wish i had the time to practice more, i would get one aspect down and then next week when i had more time to learn i had forgotten it all :/

o3o Thanks mate. I've been using Blender for four years and some, and I'm still pretty low-tier. Need potato lol

The only really major design differences are that the butt of the gun is too long, and the clip magazine is behind the handle. That and the weird sh*ts between the rail and gun itself.

The thing between the carry handle and the barrel is the charging bolt for loading a fresh round into the chamber.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee