Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris Damaging Defense Pod

shatteredwings

Warframe: Mirage

Weapon: Ogris

Weapon mods: Split chamber, firestorm, serration, heavy caliber, speed trigger, malignant force.

Mission type: Orokin Derelict Defense

Bug: When firing the Ogris at the pod while it is surrounded by infested, the pod will take significant damage.

Summary:

While playing with four other people on ODD. I noticed that our pod was taking massive damage while I was defending it from the enemies that were surrounding it. I thought it was because they were attacking it. That's until I noticed a spike of damage whenever I fired my Ogris to clear the hoards. I tested this a few times by shooting the pod directly in between missions to no effect. However, whenever a few enemies stack against the pod. For some reason or another, firing at them will cause a large portion of its health to suddenly drop. This makes defending it near impossible. I am unaware if the damage is caused by Mirage's "hall of mirrors" as that was active while I was defending the pod. I am also unaware if this happens with ALL defense missions.

I hope this helps and that this glitch is fixed soon.

bad host + lot of enemies + mirage + ogris = some packets get lost here and here and ogris forgets what is an enemy and what's a friendly unit (my bet, it's due to connection issues, it happened before and it will happen more and more thanks to the poor performances generated when using mirage)

in a sense I wish they d keep that bug

Infested defs are dominated by penta/ogris/angstrum users now, no tactics except getting to an unreachable place for infested & carpet bombing

I vote to keep this feature fully knowing I ll get tons of hate fot that stance

in a sense I wish they d keep that bug

Infested defs are dominated by penta/ogris/angstrum users now, no tactics except getting to an unreachable place for infested & carpet bombing

I vote to keep this feature fully knowing I ll get tons of hate fot that stance

we just need units like the juggernout to kill the campers, yup

Mirage's abilities seems to play hell with the net code for the moment, just Nova and Vauban have in the past. Hope they de-weird her soon.

And infested defense has always been about explosive artillery support, ever since the days of farming Xini all day. DE could fix it by simply improving the pathing of enemies on the levels.

In fact, i think there's nothing to see with net. I have a fiber connection 90MB and a ping af 8-10ms and the same happen to me. I think it's the explosive infested the one that rush to the pod before explode the problem. If you direct target them and they explode with your ogris explosion the pod seem to take a lot more damage. if you target an ancient or a "Dogstyle" one it seems ok.

I was going to make a support ticket ... but forgot to screen.

Mirage's abilities seems to play hell with the net code for the moment, just Nova and Vauban have in the past. Hope they de-weird her soon.

And infested defense has always been about explosive artillery support, ever since the days of farming Xini all day. DE could fix it by simply improving the pathing of enemies on the levels.

I m all for artillery support, just saying that the only tactic i seem to see these days is waiting for ennemies to close on the pod & bomb away, pathing of infested can t change much seeing it s an almost pure close combat faction

this is boring, maybe a little variation would be good?

if artillery did damage to the pod, there would be a need for players to think where they aim & we d have more exciting games

Edited by manub

pathing of infested can t change much seeing it s an alost pure close combat faction

I disagree. Since the ancients now have the power to pull players towards them. They should update their AI to prioritise players that are higher than they are or out of reach for other infested.

I disagree. Since the ancients now have the power to pull players towards them. They should update their AI to prioritise players that are higher than they are or out of reach for other infested.

but ancient to infested ratio is what? 1 in 10, 1 in 20?while it would help I think it s not much

+ nearly all the small mobs go directly to the pod, which becomes carpet bombing zone even if ancients got 1/2 players.

if pod was damaged by area weapons it would force players to be a little more creative in tactics, which would be my point here.

I m not asking for the faction to be geared toward canceling the bombing sniper tactic, just that DE made it so this wouldn t be an automatic win if we use, which is more or less the case right now (the dmg resistance aura of ancient healers helped counteract it but still)

Edited by manub

it is the volatile runners, if they die by ogris (possibly other types of high damage weapons w/AOE) they seem to gain a multiplier to their explosive damage. while i have not tested that with mirage, i did test it with valkyrie perched solo. so no host issues not potential HoM glitches.

pod died at 19. usual run is at least 30 when i leave. between waves to test to see if it was the ogris, i'd shoot the pod, no damage. let volatile runners blow up on their own and minor damage to pod. but hit them with the ogris and chunks would fly off the pods health. killing them with the ogris killed the pod, last wave they were knocking off nearly 2k chunks dying to the ogris.

Edited by DeadX65

but ancient to infested ratio is what? 1 in 10, 1 in 20?while it would help I think it s not much

+ nearly all the small mobs go directly to the pod, which becomes carpet bombing zone even if ancients got 1/2 players.

if pod was damaged by area weapons it would force players to be a little more creative in tactics, which would be my point here.

I m not asking for the faction to be geared toward canceling the bombing sniper tactic, just that DE made it so this wouldn t be an automatic win if we use, which is more or less the case right now (the dmg resistance aura of ancient healers helped counteract it but still)

You say you want more creativity, yet you ignore so many other uncreative tactics for ODD. Such as Vauban vortex, Rhino stomps, Nova MP, Ember fire, etc.. How would we address these issues as well? Same treatment? Allow them to cause friendly fire towards the pod? I think not, if you try to change one thing you might as well change everything. If this was an idea for "nightmare" missions, I would agree. Seeing as those should be difficult. This however isn't that case. They need to make more infested to address the issue, not make things more complicated. It'll be the like the Trinity nerf, no one will use the weapons any more and probably avoid ODD all together.

You say you want more creativity, yet you ignore so many other uncreative tactics for ODD. Such as Vauban vortex, Rhino stomps, Nova MP, Ember fire, etc.. How would we address these issues as well? Same treatment? Allow them to cause friendly fire towards the pod? I think not, if you try to change one thing you might as well change everything. If this was an idea for "nightmare" missions, I would agree. Seeing as those should be difficult. This however isn't that case. They need to make more infested to address the issue, not make things more complicated. It'll be the like the Trinity nerf, no one will use the weapons any more and probably avoid ODD all together.

using abilities for damage & crowd control is a tried & true tactic, I m perfectly fine with it & not asking for a revamp because it s asking from the player to think(not so much for some ok) of where & when to use it & teamplay (for some) for max effect

what annoys me in fact is that any player with just ogris & nothing else, with frame, melee & secondary at lvl 0 has a good chance of getting to wave 20-25 just by sitting on an unreachable place & carpet bombing near the pod without any difficulty or thinking, hell they could almost use a bot for that.

It s a great way to lvl weapons & frames for mastery ok but it is also one of the greatest exploitation of the game & it annoys me

it is the volatile runners, if they die by ogris (possibly other types of high damage weapons w/AOE) they seem to gain a multiplier to their explosive damage. while i have not tested that with mirage, i did test it with valkyrie perched solo. so no host issues not potential HoM glitches.

pod died at 19. usual run is at least 30 when i leave. between waves to test to see if it was the ogris, i'd shoot the pod, no damage. let volatile runners blow up on their own and minor damage to pod. but hit them with the ogris and chunks would fly off the pods health. killing them with the ogris killed the pod, last wave they were knocking off nearly 2k chunks dying to the ogris.

this. and.. just use a few tactics ;) vauban may be.. pod is not a bait for easy concentrate a lot of targets for shooting ;)

Edited by eprstt

trie stomp or ember world in fire on mob lev 80-100 just to joke... They will not loose 10% of their life. :-)

But i understand your argument.

Personally i think that weapons that self inflict damage should make the same on the objective, and that survival pod should be destructible but i'm a bit of a masochist! :-)