Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Dera Mechanic Addition

Renegade343

Hello all, 

Following on from the feedback in this thread regarding making the Dera more unique, I found out that it could be a bit too complicated to incorporate into the Dera, not to mention that I am basically just overhauling the whole gun. Thus, to make it more simpler yet have the same effect, here is the alternative suggestion (to prevent mixing up feedback): 

The Dera is a Mastery Rank 4 Clan Tech weapon, and was the first Corpus assault rifle. However, it has now been mostly taken over by the Tetra, which sports a larger clip size, higher damage, lowered reload speed, cheaper resources to craft, and a lower Mastery Rank requirement to craft and use. Thus, to make the Dera be in its own niche and uniqueness, the following changes will be made first: 

- Tweak damage to 22 (1 Impact, 20 Puncture, 1 Slash). 

- Decrease magazine size to 40. 

- Reload speed slightly decreased to 2.25s.

- Fire rate speed decreased to 9 rounds per second. 

- Increase critical chance to 7.5%.

- Increase critical damage to 175%.

That means the Dera will still be an assault rifle, but a more fast firing assault rifle compared to the Tetra. Now, here is the new mechanic: 

When the player equips the Dera and presses the Alternate Fire key (through testing, I found out that the Alternate Fire key can be separate from the Aim key, but for weapons with alternate fire mechanisms, the weapons do not zoom in even when the Alternate Fire key and the Aim key is separated) (Dera can still be zoomed in using the Aim key), the Dera will swap between its initial stats to another set of altered stats (will have an electronic sound to indicate the change every time. The altered stat Dera will have two small green dots glowing at the tip of its barrels), and vice versa.

There will be a 0.35s delay after the stat change before the player can fire again, as well as a 1.0s cooldown to prevent players from constantly swapping the stats around (when the stat change mechanism is ready, it would have the beeping sound akin to the Ogris charging beep sound). 

The altered stats are below: 

- Base damage increased to 24 (1.5 Impact, 21 Puncture, 1.5 Slash).

- Fire rate speed increased to 11 rounds per second.

- Projectile speed decreased to 85 m/s. 

- Status chance increased to 17.5%.

- Critical chance decreased to 1.0%.

- Critical damage decreased to 125%. 

This allows the Dera to swap between a slightly critical damage focused, but lowered fire rate and damage assault rifle to a slightly more high damaging, higher status chance, but lowered fire rate and slower projectile speed assault rifle. 

The Corpus Crewmen will also have the altered stats mechanism, and will use it at times while behind cover, meaning while fighting the Crewmen, players may find some of the Crewmen using the altered Dera stats, while others are using the normal stats. 

With this mechanism addition, I hope to make the Dera hold its own small ground in the Clan Tech weaponry set by being an adaptive assault rifle by either changing between a slightly more critical chance/damage focused weapon and a slightly more status chance focused weapon. 

Please take the time to read this thread, and give any constructive criticism and feedback. 

Renegade343

Guest Tehnoobshow

DE clearly hates the Dera, I mean, look at how bad it is with Heavy Caliber on. Just give up, it's better for your health.

DE clearly hates the Dera, I mean, look at how bad it is with Heavy Caliber on. Just give up, it's better for your health.

I have the time to do it and the idea to go with it. It would be a minor crime (in my opinion) not to voice out how it should be tweaked to be more useful. I do not feel pressured at all to do these threads, because I actually enjoy giving these weapons their own little life and sparks. 

Guest Tehnoobshow

I have the time to do it and the idea to go with it. It would be a minor crime (in my opinion) not to voice out how it should be tweaked to be more useful. I do not feel pressured at all to do these threads, because I actually enjoy giving these weapons their own little life and sparks. 

Well, here's a list of weapons that need redoing (in case you're bored):

Attica

Cernos

Flux Rifle

Gorgon

Grinlok

Hek

Hind

Ignis

Karak

Miter

Mutalist Quanta

Supra

Sybaris

Tigris

Torid

Acrid

Magnus

Akstiletto

AkZani

Cestra

Ballistica

Detron

Embolist

Pyrana

Spectra

Tysis

All of the Single Longswords

Contents from post #4. 

I already done the Flux Rifle, Spectra, Supra, Acrid, and Mutalist Quanta tweaks. 

I will first deal with all the Generation 1 Clan Tech weaponry tweaks, then start to deal with the other weaponry if it actually requires it.