Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Do Melee Only As A Non-Rhino?

Kethus

Question

The Corpus have tons of ospreys and laser doors, the Grineer have doors that completely drain your power, the Infested have fartspreys. All of these are next to impossible to take care of without a gun and they must be taken care of unless the user is a Rhino and can simply ignore their effects.

21 answers to this question

The Corpus have tons of ospreys and laser doors, the Grineer have doors that completely drain your power, the Infested have fartspreys. All of these are next to impossible to take care of without a gun and they must be taken care of unless the user is a Rhino and can simply ignore their effects.

How to melee only:

Step 1 - Don't melee only. Bring a weapon to take care of traps at least. You can keybind a button to switch between primary and melee.

Step 2 - Enjoy melee.

With grineer, it is difficult, but I know you can slide attack through laser doors, that may work on the grineer doors as well, flying units I have to carefully jump attack...or more often than not whip out a secondary and pop them, that or direct damage powers if your frame has them (shuriken, fireball, psychic bolts, etc)

Very easily. You can actually wall attack grineer sensor doors although I normally just run through them anyway because I'm crazy like that. Everything else you can roll through and unless its an exterm or defense mission and an ospreys bugged out somewhere unreachable, you're fine.

Who actually needs rhino to do anything?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Hayden Tenno Glaive Only

The surperior challenge.

wat

Glaive is a projectile. You can aim it at anything. Fully modded glaive is devastating that can 1-shot dozens of enemies in a hallway with a single well-aimed toss. Prime Glaive is a stronger version of it. I fail to see how a melee projectile is a superior challenge.

Edited by DavidSPD

With grineer, it is difficult, but I know you can slide attack through laser doors, that may work on the grineer doors as well

you can slide attack through it but it will still drain energy/shields

wat

Glaive is a projectile. You can aim it at anything. Fully modded glaive is devastating that can 1-shot dozens of enemies in a hallway with a single well-aimed toss. Prime Glaive is a stronger version of it. I fail to see how a melee projectile is a superior challenge.

The only difference between Glaive and Glaive Prime is that Glaive Prime has faster flight speed. They share the same damage and attack speed.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Use abilities to take down Ospreys, most frames have at least one damage dealing ability. You can roll through laser doors to take only like 50 damage. The Grineer take damage from laser doors too, so you can just camp beside the door and watch all the enemies die, then just rush through it when there's no more enemies around.

Easy, Health, armor, Shields, and stamina. Don't rely on your abilities, rely on your melee weapon, a good melee weapon, and have a sentinel, they help.

I've ran many missions melee only, most of them Infested, "Fartfsprey" or not, it really doesn't do that much damage, and if your health is sitting at 1200, Poisson clouds really don't matter as long as you don't hang around them too long. That goes with high armor as well.

I swear some users treat Rhino as their go to frame because they pick out one of the easiest/cheapest frame to use, and then they have a hard time adjusting to a frame that doesn't come with their all powerful iron skin. I'm not trying to be disrespectful of other players (I really don't want anyone mad at me), but, since I've started playing, it's been over a year now, Rhino players have always been the "I'll slowly run through the mission, kill everything in sight, and finish the mission with out dying once" players, and think that the Rhino is the greatest frame because of it's ability to walk into battle with zero draw back. It's the overshield of Warframe, and every time DE does something to nerf or better balance Rhino, Rhino users complain because it makes the game that much harder for them to go through because their easy button got nerfed.

OP, my suggestion to you, is go pick out a "weaker" frame than the Rhino when it comes to armor stats, like Loki, and try running a different way from what you're use to, try to actually play the game as a ninja vs a armored rhino of a soldier that just barrels into a fight. 

Edited by Weird_Stealth

OP, my suggestion to you, is go pick out a "weaker" frame than the Rhino when it comes to armor stats, like Loki, and try running a different way from what you're use to, try to actually play the game as a ninja vs a armored rhino of a soldier that just barrels into a fight. 

I rarely pick Rhino lately, just trying to prevent "Rhino master race" replies.

I am trying to figure out a way for my Ember to go melee-only.

Aiming for going Silva & Aegis and then use it in combination with accelerant.

So far i just block everything ranged coming at me, get close, use accelerant, then channel-melee my health back up again, if i took damage from anything.

Rinse and repeat. Works like a charm.

I think if you like to do melee only and just a tiny bit of abilities, then every frame with mobility will be good. Such as Excal, Zephyr, Hydroid, Valkyr with Rip Line. The game is easy enough so might as well have fun and complete the missions with style. Loki and Ash is good also if you use teleport. 

There is no point going invisible and slashing ennemies, what is the fun about killing non moving target anyway, you'll get bored fast.