Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Dual Zorens The Fastest Melee Weapon?

SelfDeceit

Question

19 answers to this question

Yes definitely. Dual Zoren with Fury and quickening will yield I believe 1.6 speed? It's either 1.5 or 1.6, but I think 1.6. But the thing is with quickening, you need to activate channeling in order for that extra 20% speed to kick in so most people don't use it because it also takes away 80% channeling efficiency. Also with Volts Speed or Valkyrs Warcry, you can make any weapon nice and fast. But the Zorens with one of those abilities plus Fury = INSANITY!! Dual Ichors are a close second, being 1.1 speed. Also the old weapon Ether Daggers are extremely fast with Fury and such. Fang and Fang Prime are very fast as well.

inb4 moved to Feedback->Weapons. But to the OP yes, with a combo of Fury/Berserker/Quickening/Warcry you can reach about 3.5 to 4.5 Attack Speed.

Fury+ Berserker+Quickening= 3.55 Attack not sure on how much Warcry adds

Well what about with no mods at all? Do the D-Zorens still stand the fastest?

Yes definitely. Dual Zoren with Fury and quickening will yield I believe 1.6 speed? It's either 1.5 or 1.6, but I think 1.6. But the thing is with quickening, you need to activate channeling in order for that extra 20% speed to kick in so most people don't use it because it also takes away 80% channeling efficiency. Also with Volts Speed or Valkyrs Warcry, you can make any weapon nice and fast. But the Zorens with one of those abilities plus Fury = INSANITY!! Dual Ichors are a close second, being 1.1 speed. Also the old weapon Ether Daggers are extremely fast with Fury and such. Fang and Fang Prime are very fast as well.

I have a friend that tells me that while channel attacking it also takes up stamina as well as energy, I havn't really seen it myself since the battles get so hectic but is this true? And on an unrelated note, which covers more distance in the shortest amount of time, Rush or Maglev?

I have a friend that tells me that while channel attacking it also takes up stamina as well as energy, I havn't really seen it myself since the battles get so hectic but is this true? And on an unrelated note, which covers more distance in the shortest amount of time, Rush or Maglev?

No mods, yes its the fastest

If they're the fastest with mods, they're the fastest without them as well. It's not like the mods favor certain weapons over others, the stats stack the same across the board.

And yes, channeling energy consumes energy and stamina with each successful strike.

PS Maglev is useless in my experience.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

Dual Zoren have an attack speed of 1.2 atks/sec. The Amphis and Scoliac have 1.3 atks/sec. So, the Amphis and Scoliac are faster, and as such have a higher potential for attack speed. 

Even so, with max Fury and multiple Berserker buffs, Dual Zoren can reach 2.96 atks/sec, which is nothing to scoff at. Dual Zoren also have a significantly higher crit. rate that the Scoliac and Amphis.

For stances, I only have Swirling Tiger for Dual Swords, but I'm perfectly happy with that. This stance matches the Dual Zorens' Stance Polarity, so I would recommend it. It also has a combo that will slide you forward, good for closing gaps. From what I have heard actual attack speed isn't affected by any of the Dual Swords stances, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, the Zorens are ludicrously fast if you stack every single speed mod on them.

Coptered so fast at that point I actually died... and I really do wish I was joking there.  Pause combos become non-pause combos since you pretty much can't mash the melee button fast enough to not have it count as a pause.

Sidebar to Crossflip about the Fangs;  They've always been slower than the Zorens generally speaking.  The fact that they did multi-hit stabs per actual swing is what gave a false illusion of higher speed.

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0

Yeah, the Zorens are ludicrously fast if you stack every single speed mod on them.

Coptered so fast at that point I actually died... and I really do wish I was joking there.

You didn't happen to crash into a wall when you were at your top speed with your coptering, right?

You didn't happen to crash into a wall when you were at your top speed with your coptering, right?

Nope, just had no idea how far I would go when I jumped and coptered off of a ledge, soared outward so far off of a ledge that I left the game area entirely and auto-died.  The same kind of death that happens when you just fall through the map, meaning you can't even get back with a revive.

Fun times, fun times.  Next time I'll try and remember to be using Volt and have Speed on.

If you're going to also add on maglev plus rush, just know you don't need max stamina or recharge. You can tap slide as you run and you will glide across the ground without being in slide animation.

Beware, can get slippery.

Dual Zoren have an attack speed of 1.2 atks/sec. The Amphis and Scoliac have 1.3 atks/sec. So, the Amphis and Scoliac are faster, and as such have a higher potential for attack speed. 

Even so, with max Fury and multiple Berserker buffs, Dual Zoren can reach 2.96 atks/sec, which is nothing to scoff at. Dual Zoren also have a significantly higher crit. rate that the Scoliac and Amphis.

For stances, I only have Swirling Tiger for Dual Swords, but I'm perfectly happy with that. This stance matches the Dual Zorens' Stance Polarity, so I would recommend it. It also has a combo that will slide you forward, good for closing gaps. From what I have heard actual attack speed isn't affected by any of the Dual Swords stances, but I could be wrong.

Attack speed on the wiki is only relative to the attack speed of items of its group, it's not relative to all the weapons. That being, the Amphis would be a fast STAFF and the Scoliac would be a fast WHIP. But not THE fastest weapon types. If the Dual Zorens are considered the fastest melee weapon in the game by the majority of the community then that means Dual Swords are the fastest weapon types.

Edited by SelfDeceit

Guest Tehnoobshow

Technically, the Fangs are the fastest weapons, since they attack three times with every press of the melee button.