Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Displeased With Kubrow System Overall.

Legonist

Today i logged in to find that my Kubrow had died... forever. After spending most of my money on getting my Kubrow and lots of time and effort on farming to get him, all for a Puppy which pretty much had cancer. Besides the fact that DNA stabilizes are expensive and don't even fully heal your Kubrow, the Kubrow is on a ship with an AI and the AI is smart enough to eject his body into space after he died but is not smart enough to hit one button or to give a warning that my dog is dying. When looking at the health system for Kubrows i saw that he was getting + and - extra health, from my point of view i thought that it was just a system in which he would have a little more or less health based upon his DNA status but it seems he has the equivalent of a deadly Cancer. Compared to a Sentinel a Kubrow is worthless in my opinion, I understand that a Kubrow is a pet and not a Robot but i didn't think Warframe's Kubrow would be a member of Barbie Pet Rescue. Compared to a Sentinel a Kubrow is personally worthless, he may deal like 3 times more damage but he dies almost instantly against any enemy that isn't a grunt and don't even think about bringing him to a boss fight.

I mean i know he is a clone and all but I would have thought that he would not have like the equivalent of a Cancer that kills in like 1 week if not given the cure every 3 days. Compared to the Grineer I think Kubrows are massively inferior, i mean i don't think that Grineer need as much DNA help as a Kubrow and am mostly suprised because this is Tenno engineering but i guess it is really not advanced at at all.

Overall I liked how Kubrows acted but their health problems make them a waste of time and money. Just very annoyed at the moment and will probably never waste time with the cancer stricken Kubrows again, as my friends decided to avoid wisely as it seemed to have lots of flaws.

Put him into stasis if you know that you won't be using him.

And yes, stabilizers are expensive, but again - Kubrows are not meant for low-level players. If you can't do 5 Sechura runs every two weeks or so, then you should not get yourself a Kubrow.

And yes, stabilizers are expensive, but again - Kubrows are not meant for low-level players. If you can't do 5 Sechura runs every two weeks or so, then you should not get yourself a Kubrow.

Please tell me how something that you get right after you start the game is not meant for low level players?

Firstly this is your game feedback. Please use the feedback forums: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/21-general/

Secondly you should have put it in stasis. I have forgotten but can anyone tell me if the quest explains (as in lotus/ordis) tells you to store your kubrow over long periods of inactivity? If it doesn't then it really should. 

Thirdly do you know how cancer works? Because it is not like this. If yo uwant a lore reason why your kubrow dies after tiem but we dont see grineer you need to think about what steps you took. The kubrow egg we get from earth is for wild skraggy modern kubrows these are feral and un-tamable. We then genetic engineer them back to thousand year old versions of themselves. So without constant medicine they would die as they are not genetically stable. Its like building a sand castle, without constantly fixing the water damage the castle will fall apart. 

Please tell me how something that you get right after you start the game is not meant for low level players?

Agree, DE screwed up on this. The module should drop from Hyean Pack at least, and the quest should be MR8 locked.

That day when Sechura has 99% credit tax. It will come, my friend, it will...

Edited by P.W.F

I own Kubrows since DE released them. At the moment I own 12 of them.

I have used 3 DNA Stabilisator so far and none of my Kubrows is close to death, so it´s your own fualt if he/she died.

You used 3 DNA Stabilisators in total?  Well guess what, I used 3 Stabilisators over time when he hit 50% and he still died and that was only for one Kubrow. The thing i didn't like mechanically about the DNA stability issue was that i did notice that the text said he was sick but I also saw he was getting extra health for being at 100% and less health for being under 0% so i thought that it would stop at a certain level because the Kubrow DNA health level is not his actual health bar. It does not say he is low on heal but it says he DNA is decomposing or whatever. It it was his legit health bar then it would be more obvious that this is not just some extra buff or dot he gets for his heal level but this is his out of game heal bar.

On a side not I am not just displeased that he died. As i stated i feel like Sentinels are vastly superior in almost every way except damage. Just some things that disappointing me about Kubrows: Effort spent grinding for a Kubrow didn't mean that it was better then other pets that didn't need as much grinding, Kubrow dies very fast against any non grunt enemy, bleed out is almost non existent, mods are not easy to get (even after streamlining my farming process of Wild Kubrows).

Also why is the Kubrow having DNA problems? From what i understand the Kubrow is, he it a clone but then why did i have to hatch it? Wouldn't domesticating a baby Kubrow from an egg be easier and much better due to a lack of DNA issues. I mean I assume that most wild Kubrows don't die in a week due to not having DNA Stabilisators. Why do we have to clone a dog from an egg when we could just hatch a better version?

Edited by Legonist

I can't find where i did this math already but here it is again. 

each 6 pack of dna stabilizers costs 100k and gives 40% per charge 

If used efficiently a 6 pack will last 24 days. 

If used efficiently: 4166 credits per day

if not used efficiently: 16666

I have to agree on one point with the OP that 100k is a bit steep for a noob player who has only been playing for a small time, for most Vets like myself 100k is not a big deal since at this writing I have 6.6 mil in credits. Nevertheless your Kubrow dying is totally on you. Lets look at this in a real world example. Your going to be gone for about two weeks on vacation, so you do either of two things for your dog or cat, you have a friend come over and feed them or you put them up in a kennel. Same with the Kubrow, if your going to not play for an extended length of time then you put him in stasis, it's not rocket science. On the topic of them being useless, you are completely wrong, once leveled and modded my Kubrow, a Sahasa, has help take down the Jackal. If you pair them with the right warframe, in my case my Rhino Prime, they end up having higher shield and health than my own Rhino Prime. My Kubrow has killed level 40 Ancients with just two hits, so either you did not take the time to mod your Kubrow correctly and you really have not used one to its potential. Trust me I thought the same at first about the Kubrows but after giving some time and fair effort I found they are not useless, do they need work, yes. In fact I'm pretty sure they have been working on the AI of late because my Kubrow attacks independently even more now. Having and using a Kubrow is a choice, but don't quit and say the system is flawed when the mistake was actually yours.

I have to agree on one point with the OP that 100k is a bit steep for a noob player who has only been playing for a small time, for most Vets like myself 100k is not a big deal since at this writing I have 6.6 mil in credits. Nevertheless your Kubrow dying is totally on you. Lets look at this in a real world example. Your going to be gone for about two weeks on vacation, so you do either of two things for your dog or cat, you have a friend come over and feed them or you put them up in a kennel. Same with the Kubrow, if your going to not play for an extended length of time then you put him in stasis, it's not rocket science. On the topic of them being useless, you are completely wrong, once leveled and modded my Kubrow, a Sahasa, has help take down the Jackal. If you pair them with the right warframe, in my case my Rhino Prime, they end up having higher shield and health than my own Rhino Prime. My Kubrow has killed level 40 Ancients with just two hits, so either you did not take the time to mod your Kubrow correctly and you really have not used one to its potential. Trust me I thought the same at first about the Kubrows but after giving some time and fair effort I found they are not useless, do they need work, yes. In fact I'm pretty sure they have been working on the AI of late because my Kubrow attacks independently even more now. Having and using a Kubrow is a choice, but don't quit and say the system is flawed when the mistake was actually yours.

The simple ability of losing something where you invested plat or reactor on is just plain bad design. Would you be alright with a system that require you to clean your guns,polish your blade,etc to keep it working?

I can understand how it is kinda my fault for my Kubrow dying but when looking at the wiki i read this:

A newly hatched Kubrow starts out with 100% Genetic Stability, giving it a +100% bonus to its maximum health

After reading this I thought that Genetic Stability= Health bonus for Kubrow. Genetic Stability is NOT his heal bar it is a bonus or if you leave it, it is a nerf. I thought that after all the effort of getting a Kubrow the Devs would not let it get deleted without your permission but i guess Warframe has aspects of a life sim now. 

About the usability of Kubrows; After all the issues which i had personally with Kubrows, i felt that my new Sentinel was much better then my new Kubrow after leveling each to level 7 ish and applying mods. Because my Kubrow kept dying because of stupid reasons and then having a 1 second bleed out leveling him became annoying especially because he didn't appear in the post mission rap up if he died.

Maybe someone can explain to my why our Kubrow have DNA stability issues if: 

It takes 48 hours for a Kubrow to be incubated, from being an egg to becoming a conscious Kubrow pup. 

From what i can tell there is no reason for Kubrows to have DNA issues if they are being incubated and growing like chickens and last time i checked Chickens don't need injections so they don't die. 

Edited by Legonist

@Legonist In this I completely agree with you, that is one point I thought was quite odd, why would they degrade if all they are doing is sitting around? Let me tell you how to get your Kubrow further than level 7 and survive. If you can get a Sahasa, first off I have found they are better than the actual combat Kubrow, the Sunika. The get a affinity boost, use him with a rhino, as soon as you can use Link-Shields and upgrade it as soon as you can, at this point don't worry about how well he kills things once you get him higher level that will come. Go to Mercury Terminus a few times to level him up, then move on to defense missions. Trust me once you get him to 30 they become a total killing machine. The Kubrows are just another tool to use and compliment your play style.

@Alphafox as I said I agree for a new player 100k is quite steep, but my main point was that the OP is wrong in blaming the system for taking care of the Kubrow is flawed because he neglected in taking the simple steps in taking care of his Kubrow.

I didn't have to take care of my Kubrow, I didn't have to feed him, walk him, Clean up after him. Non of the basic tasks of taking care of a pet were in the design for the Kubrow. So after realizing: "A newly hatched Kubrow starts out with 100% Genetic Stability, giving it a +100% bonus to its maximum health" I thought that Digital Extremes would not force me to keep my Kubrow alive thought Genetic Stabilizers. So after 2 Weeks i stopped giving him stabilizers because i thought it would stop at 50% or 25% because I don't have to take care of my Kubrow. So why should i be forced to give him injections when i don't have to feed him, walk him, or clean up after him?

That is why you get a Stasis Chamber, in order to manage the DNA problem. DE gave people a mini-game. If people are not capable of managing that mini-game, they should not be playing it.

Not all content can be played by everyone. Might as well complain that you don't like the fact that the planet extractors are not smart enough to reset themselves. Just how much automation do you want in your free games?