Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Displeased With Kubrow System Overall.

Legonist

Kubrows are useless versus sentinels, very expensive , they die in missions so fast with maxed everything, they kill almost nothing, attack animation is too long, they attack only one target , they can one hit only low level mobs, skills are not good, for every beginner, dont waste anything on this useless creature you will be dissapointed, its for barbie and tomogochi lovers only, i level kubrows only for collection, then they will be in stasis forever or till improved, they die so fast, they not endgame, for low level noob missions, even then they dying with almost 2000 shield and huge amount of hp, they kill almost nothing because so long attack animation, most of time they run around and do nothing, i can post video of all kind kubrows how useless they are for barbie lovers, kubrows for now is epic fail, their animation is good but they are like plant for looks only, i love my sentinels 100x better and kill alot and save my butt alot also, i need to watch my kubrow all the time to revive him in time, to level him i not shoot mobs so he wil lgo attack and die like always, im taking vauban vs infested so mobs cant damage this useless pet, pfff, so pffff.

I think devs just dnt have time to fix/improve them yet, maybe someday, too much negative posts about everything kubrows, have bunch of them and cant delete them, no warnings about dying.

Sooner or later we will get catbrows and pigbrows :D.

Edited by drunkpunk222

It takes 24 days for him to die now.

That is very manageable.

Again you only need to use 1 stabilizer when he hits 60%.

As for their functionality, I only use them to mope around low level areas.

They attract too much aggro compared to sentinels and I don't even put guns on my sentinels.

Edited by fatpig84

Put him into stasis if you know that you won't be using him.

And yes, stabilizers are expensive, but again - Kubrows are not meant for low-level players. If you can't do 5 Sechura runs every two weeks or so, then you should not get yourself a Kubrow.

Doesn't that make the Kubrow quest misleading?

I feel like the DNA instability is an addition which is totally unnecessary and actually takes away from the experience of having a Kubrow. It also makes no sense when you look at the process of obtaining a Kubrow. I would say that over time most of the other problems i have with the Kubrow will be fixed but i don't know if i would get another Kubrow if DNA Stability mini game is still in the game.

Is this just me or does anyone else feel this way?

I cant say I am happy with the Kubrow system myself but Steve said in the end of the latest devstream that they are going to look at it. 

"They are going to look at it" is the equivalent of your government saying that "It's an immediate danger to society."

So what they'll do is that they'll leave it there and hope you just learn to live with it.

Doesn't that make the Kubrow quest misleading?

I think it was designed with the intention of every player new or veteran being able to obtain a Kubrow but i think that due to the addition of high production costs, rarity of eggs and the DNA stability issue, they are not a good course of action for any new player to take who doesn't have the kubrow starter kit. In other words i think this is a case of the creation straying away from the vision.

On a side not I am not just displeased that he died. As i stated i feel like Sentinels are vastly superior in almost every way except damage. Just some things that disappointing me about Kubrows: Effort spent grinding for a Kubrow didn't mean that it was better then other pets that didn't need as much grinding, Kubrow dies very fast against any non grunt enemy, bleed out is almost non existent, mods are not easy to get (even after streamlining my farming process of Wild Kubrows).

Also why is the Kubrow having DNA problems? From what i understand the Kubrow is, he it a clone but then why did i have to hatch it? Wouldn't domesticating a baby Kubrow from an egg be easier and much better due to a lack of DNA issues. I mean I assume that most wild Kubrows don't die in a week due to not having DNA Stabilisators. Why do we have to clone a dog from an egg when we could just hatch a better version?

I find that my Kubrow is very tough to kill in most fights (and I have brought her in the Void). She will have more health and shields than my warframe, and I have 20 sec to resurrect her if she dies (and I can do that infinite many times if I need to). Since she doesn't stay at my side, she doesn't take area-of-damage when I do (I'm looking at you, Bombards). That's way more durable than Sentinels.

Also, Stalk is amazing. It activates often, stays up forever, and can really save you.

As for "why DNA decays"... there is very little purpose in questioning some of the logics and nomenclature of Warframe. Let me suggest: "you are keeping your Kubrow in a spaceship which you fly all the way to Mercury, exposed to extreme solar radiation, which is proven to be extremely aggressive towards organic material in general and DNA in particular". Your Kubrow sometimes gets directly attacked by radiation (Void traps), lasers (most Corpus weaponry), poisons, gas and toxins (all extremely aggressive towards genetic material), on top of being slashed, stabbed, shot at, punched, squished and bled several times. I can understand if it doesn't really feel that great.

That said, permadeath is sad.

It now takes 20 days for it to die... That's more than enough time even if you don't shove it in stasis.

Really?

I pulled mine out of stasis from 80 hp after getting the login reward and 3 hours later it was at 50 hp.

Really?

I pulled mine out of stasis from 80 hp after getting the login reward and 3 hours later it was at 50 hp.

I have to agree mine was at like 40 hp and then 3 days later poof he died.

Everything about kubrows boils down to nothing more than an annoyance mechanic. The whole thing needs to be redone.

I have to both agree and disagree with you. I agree that there are some annoyance mechanics that are in place for almost no reason at all and need to be redone or removed (namely DNA decay which makes no logical sense if you have ever hatched a chicken). But i do have to disagree that the whole thing needs to be redone, Kubrows are OK at fighting and are useful for some of their utility skills but die quickly (some end game people may be find with a maxed link shields and a bunch of rare mods which i don't have time to farm for) due to their ability to aggro lots of enemy and take more damage unlike sentinels which hover above your head and also can regenerate. 

It's awesome , be happy we got it

next time remember to stasis :/

I love the truthful irony of this phrase. It's like saying if you want to have a kubrow that's fine, just don't actually USE it for anything. Totally true though. :l

A little edit side note: I could understand it being useful throughout the solar map, assuming that newbies could continue to help it get stronger and periodically re-forma... but forma isn't really available to newbies who also happen to be totally unable to afford actually keeping it alive in the first place. So... I'm not really sure what use kubrows have for too many people. I'm making mine as op as possible, but as I pretty much only do tower runs these days and the odd neural/neurode run (solar map complete), I probably won't really use it anyway.

Edited by LordGreymantle

Kubrows do have some utility and can be pretty durable if modded correctly and paired with a proper frame(the link mods depend on it, actually).  More than anything, they're status symbols since they are pretty expensive to get and maintain.  They're not for everybody and I can see how beginners wouldn't want to invest what little credits and resources they have into an uncertain and somewhat raw system.   

What do you think happens to something when it looses 100% of its health (-100%)? 

Pets die when you don't feed them.  Consider it a life lesson.

I don't have to feed the kubrow or my warframe, i don't have to walk it, I don't even have to clean up after it. I thought that Digital Extremes would would not add a system that degrades your gear to the point that it is taken away, i thought it would stop at like 50% or 25%.The Kubrow can die on the battlefield tons of times but if you don't stab it with a bunch of needles every 3 days it will get flushed out of the airlock by Ordis... it makes absolutely no sense.

This game revolves around the central concept of grinding for gear, leveling up that keep and then adding it to your arsenal of deadly weapons but it seems that aspects of Barbie Pet Rescue and Tamagotchi  have been added to the game.

I haven't had the pleasure of having a kubrow die. I know it sucks, and really I feel bad because all I'm seeing complaints about the kubrow. I came up with an idea and a bit of a rant that you could add to.

I want to see a change in how the kubrow are being seen as a waste of time, money.

Anyway

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/284978-another-kubrow-idea-what-if-it-was-like-this-your-thoughts/

Please have a look, if you agree then up vote. If you have anything to add feel free.

Thanks.

Wish my Kubrow is dead by now, but this game becoming pay to win anyways. So go buy more stasis.

If they removed DNA decay then the mechanical need for stasis slots is removed but people still would need it if they wanted more Kubrows. The DNA decay of Kubrows adds in an incentive to stay login every day to keep your kubrow alive if you are out of stasis slots, just as the login rewards keep people logging in to get a chance at a catalyst or another goody.

If you have lots and lots of time I would disagree that the game is Pay to Win but if you don't have hour of time to grind for gear and trade for plat i would agree that the game is tilting toward P2W because platinum can do almost anything.

My 2 cents:

I am not getting a Kubrow because if I wanted to take care of a dog I'd get a real one.

It's totally inconsistent with the rest of the game. We don't have to worry about our items breaking, getting lost or stolen, etc... We don't have to worry about maintaining our ship or fueling it.

Why not? Because it would be dumb.

Similarly, having to do upkeep on an animal in a game is also dumb, unless that's the entire point of the game like a pet simulator. I think it's safe to say none of us are here to play a pet simulator.

Edited by Inmemoratus

I don't see how it's a mini-game. It's more like pointless, unrewarding upkeep.

I think the thing is that some people view mini-games that are included inside larger games for no reason as Pointless and in this case it is in the form of Unrewarded Upkeep. With a few changes such as the removal of DNA decay, and a few other smaller changes such as the removal of loyalty and an easier grind to get the Kubrow, the Kubrow system would seem less of a foreign entity inside Warframe and more of just a new aspect of the pet/companion system.