Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nobody Likes Me In Their Games.

-Pearl-

"Play as frost!" Okay!

I play frost as a bruiser. No snowglobe, just ice wave and avalanche. I'm still killing most enemies, picking up all my teamates and being very productive. They tell me to get the fack out because I refused to use snowglobe.

"Play as Nekros!" Okay!

I play Nekros nearly the same, staying mobile and forcing my enemies to never actually fight me. Using SotD as minor distractions (Natural talent to speed it up), terrify to stop my enemies from attacking for a little while, and soul punch for giggles. Unless I play Survival, I refuse to utilize Desecrate. They tell me I'm a bad player and worthless because I don't play my frame like everybody else, yet again, killing the most and being the primary reviver.

"Play Loki!" Okay!

I play Loki as a cloaked sniper, staying away from battle and maintaining high shields and mobility. I don't use switch teleport or decoy and I only use radial disarm when my teammates go down, quickly followed by Invis so I can get them up. They tell me I'm not doing anything and again, worthless. Yet I have the most damage (Against enemies), most kills, and again, am Reviver.

I always include "no Novas" in my recruiting. I average at least 3 hate-mails per message from people telling me that I'm a chicken-poop that's afraid of getting my kills stolen.

-My answer is always: I don't like michael bay films, I like killing people with bullets, and/or I like a little challenge in my soup.

Playstyle diversity=playing it wrong apparently. Gonna do it anyway.

Quit not playing like everyone else!

THERE ARE "REASONS" THESE PLAYSTYLES ARE THE NORM!!!

/Troll

Seriously though mate, there are tons of trolls in any community you join. You have to learn to harden yourself against them. What I'll do if someone is complaining about my playstyle is just say "Kick me then... Oh, wait..."
1272927686008.gif

Edited by Kestral9999

So, you refuse to play by the norms of how the Warframes are used and now complain because you get S#&$ for it? Did you expect to be hailed as a prophet ushering a new dawn by going against common sense?

Its fine that you like a challenge and all, just make sure you find like-minded people and not team up with those of an different view and then rage because of it.

So, you refuse to play by the norms of how the Warframes are used and now complain because you get S#&$ for it? Did you expect to be hailed as a prophet ushering a new dawn by going against common sense?

Its fine that you like a challenge and all, just make sure you find like-minded people and not team up with those of an different view and then rage because of it.

Wait wait, woah. I'm raging?

Making fun of people is often mistaken as raging I guess.

Quite not playing like everyone else!

THERE ARE "REASONS" THESE PLAYSTYLES ARE THE NORM!!!

/Troll

Seriously though mate, there are tons of trolls in any community you join. You have to learn to harden yourself against them. What I'll do if someone is complaining about my playstyle is just say "Kick me then... Oh, wait..."

1272927686008.gif

Oh I fully know this. But it's fun to turn it against them sometimes.

Tbh i would also tell you to gtfo xD frost with no snowglobe? the F*** x) but in all honesty if we arent loosing then i dont care :P

Try casting snow globe on an infested defence, see what your team mates think ;)

To OP, I say good on ya for keeping to your own thing.

Edited by Dualice

Best bet, just play how you want and who you want. If the peoeple you seek don't want to play with you, you're the leader. Find some more co-op peeps.

Maybe consider having an alternate mod loadout for a few frames to accommodate the 'usual' expectations of a frame. Example, do a Frost that might be more defensive and use him every now and then. He's a versatile frame that can thankfully be built both ways. Maybe find an in between if you're not hosting.

A Loki killing things and team reviving isn't something to dislike! That's seriously useful for somebody who DOES NOT (people might forget about this) have an offensive power for damage). I've been playing my Loki a little more to get him leveled up and he can be a challenge because of it. But it's always something when you become party savior. Kind of warm fuzzy in a weird way.

I do understand NOT wanting to play with some frames due to players falling under the same behavior with the frame (looking at you Rhino and Nova). The frame that can make you questions 'why do you need a team again?' But other than that, I don't care who plays what. Just make the best of it. Having those expectations kind of not where you think is a curve to get over.

I'm personally a player who can't live well without something to hide behind (Snowglobe, shield...). Makes me feel too squishy!

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I would hate you if you were my Nekros. XD

If I ask for a Nekros, it's usually because I'm intending to farm something, meaning Desecrate all the way. I'd ask you to use Desecrate, but then you'd refuse me, and then well... sorry, but I won't invite you back with the same role. XD 

On the upside, I rarely host matches like that, and use Nekros myself. :P

I believe people are annoyed since when they say frost they don't want to have to specify a snow globe frost and don't think they have to since when they are playing defense it would make sense the guy with the bubble shield uses the bubble shield, same with Nekros and desecrate.

And honestly you know that which is probably why randoms don't like playing with you. You know what they are expecting and are like "Lawl should've specify desecrate or snow globe," there is an understanding when you are playing certain game types and ask for a certain frame that it will play that role in recruiting. 

Edited by immolator1001

Best option is to simply ignore the chat at that point. They're partly at fault for not being precise on which kind of build for a given Warframe they are expecting another player to bring along and going on the assumption that every Frost is a Snow Globe spec or that every Nekros is a Descecrate build.

Otherwise, if they complain about your build after the mission, remind them that the mission was still completed (if it was, of course). The only moment I'd personally expect a certain build would be in void runs and even so, any decent host would bother to specify what kind of abilities the runs needs. Else, they're leaving it up to the players themselves and all they can do is deal with what they have due to their assumption that everyone works clockwork on a kind of community template.

And if it's that last happenstance, then you're pretty much free to play whatever (which you can do to begin with anyway)

Edited by Wiegraf

I play as a sort of "Jack of all trades" Frost.  Good for both damage and defense, but not great for either, but very effective at both all the same.  Of course, I also play almost exclusively with clanmates and friends, and almost all of them are pretty laid back.

"Play as frost!" Okay!

I play frost as a bruiser. No snowglobe, just ice wave and avalanche. I'm still killing most enemies, picking up all my teamates and being very productive. They tell me to get the fack out because I refused to use snowglobe.

"Play as Nekros!" Okay!

I play Nekros nearly the same, staying mobile and forcing my enemies to never actually fight me. Using SotD as minor distractions (Natural talent to speed it up), terrify to stop my enemies from attacking for a little while, and soul punch for giggles. Unless I play Survival, I refuse to utilize Desecrate. They tell me I'm a bad player and worthless because I don't play my frame like everybody else, yet again, killing the most and being the primary reviver.

"Play Loki!" Okay!

I play Loki as a cloaked sniper, staying away from battle and maintaining high shields and mobility. I don't use switch teleport or decoy and I only use radial disarm when my teammates go down, quickly followed by Invis so I can get them up. They tell me I'm not doing anything and again, worthless. Yet I have the most damage (Against enemies), most kills, and again, am Reviver.

I always include "no Novas" in my recruiting. I average at least 3 hate-mails per message from people telling me that I'm a chicken-poop that's afraid of getting my kills stolen.

-My answer is always: I don't like michael bay films, I like killing people with bullets, and/or I like a little challenge in my soup.

Playstyle diversity=playing it wrong apparently. Gonna do it anyway.

1) Use Frost in a mission except in a def mission. You can talk/write to avoid haters.. in that case is your fault for not tell them.

2) Before a long survival you can say in the first minute "I do not I will use desecrate". Same thing... write.

3) I love sniper too, is all.

Avoid troll tell them before, is the most easy way to avoid bothered.