Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nobody Likes Me In Their Games.

-Pearl-

Best option is to simply ignore the chat at that point. They're partly at fault for not being precise on which kind of build for a given Warframe they are expecting another player to bring along and going on the assumption that every Frost is a Snow Globe spec or that every Nekros is a Descecrate build.

Otherwise, if they complain about your build after the mission, remind them that the mission was still completed (if it was, of course). The only moment I'd personally expect a certain build would be in void runs and even so, any decent host would bother to specify what kind of abilities the runs needs. Else, they're leaving it up to the players themselves and all they can do is deal with what they have due to their assumption that everyone works clockwork on a kind of community template.

In void: T4 Survival, 45 Minutes, Frost bruiser, no downs, everybody yelling at me.

It was glorious.

I will go ahead and say that I hate it when players don't utilize team oriented abilities in favor of strictly offensive abilities. If they don't have them slotted, I understand but it says a lot about the player if you ask me. 

"Hmm, I have this awesome ability that increases the strength of all the players on my team... F*** that Imma use Rhino Stomp 24/7!" 

"Oh, so I have the ability to provide a ton of health orbs for the entire party ON TOP of increased loot chance? Pssh, nah."

Edited by Kestral9999

Hummmm...

Not sure if it's a troll or if you're serious...

Perhaps I haven't all understand but as I read, you play like you want, for sure it's legit.

But your way to play seems to avoid any teamwork aspect of each warframe you describe.

So I'm not surprise that some players how expect some players how play as a team don't really enjoy play with you...

If they turn mad and flame you, perhaps it's a bit too much, but personnaly I will just never play more than 5 waves with you.

If you add to your play style a door-hero way of life, for sure, I'll perhaps leave before 5 waves.

No rage, just tired to play with autism in a coop game.

For sure play as you want, it's a game, but if you don't take care of teamwork, don't be surprised when people don't enjoy play with you...

PS: As the community start to turn, in few month, playing with care of teamwork will really be an original way to play...

Edited by ZeGreymane

Hummmm...

Not sure if a troll or if you serious...

Perhaps I haven't all understand but as I read, you play like you want, for sure it's legit.

But you're way to play seems to avoid any teamwork aspect of each warframe you describe.

So I'm not surprise what some players how expect some player how play as a team don't really enjoy play with you...

If they turn mad and flame you, perhaps it's a bit too much, but personnaly I will just never play more than 5 waves with you.

If you add to your play style a door-hero way of life, for sure, I'll perhpas leave before 5 waves.

No rage, just tired to play with autism in a coop game.

For sure play as you want, it's a game, but if you don't take care of teamwork, don't be surprised when people don't enjoy play with you...

Yes. I don't care about teamwork. Yet I go out of my way to Revive and keep my teammates alive.

I am the worst teamate ever.

No one else has any right to tell you how to play your character.  Plain and simple.

If you want to subscribe to the norm, thats all fine and great, but you have every right to do whatever you feel like if you enjoy the effect you get.  Because of that though, you have to realize that some people will not want to play with a character with that style, but they don't get to tell you what to do.

Yes. I don't care about teamwork. Yet I go out of my way to Revive and keep my teammates alive.

I'm a little confused how Offensive abilities are labeled selfish. Many of them have CC to them, and so they are protective. So when you use offensive abilities, I say you are helping your team regardless. Damaging enemies helps your team as much as helping your team damage enemies, if that makes sense.

Hate to say it but reviving teammates isn't really teamwork, it's just common sense. No teammates leaves you as the only thing to aggro against and therefor isn't a noble thing to do from a team oriented perspective. It's just the right thing to do.

In a way you're really only looking out for yourself.

Its also about team synergy. Its the reason you don't run with 4 glass cannons. When someone asks you to play frost, unless that person knows your specific frost they'll assume you're going to throw up snow globe instead of you being like "What you said frost!" while you spam ice wave.

I like players who are good at the game.

I like, and ask, for certain frames for certain things because I need what they can do to accomplish a specific task in mind.

I will never take an Ash I don't know to a long survival unless the other 3 party members were Nekros, Banshee, and Loki. Why? Ash does not have any abilities that benefit the party. The only time his skills will be of use is late game Survival as a smoke bomb stun build. The skill floor to not suck as Ash in a survival appears to be higher than what your average Pick-up-Tenno can do.

While members of a community may be less than cordial, their intentions and specificity in what they want is derived from experience. If they had not experienced it first hand, we generally wouldn't be such a $&*^ about it. When these experiences coincide the way that they do, it becomes the 'norm'. Going against this 'norm' is viewed with disdain not because it's particularly bad in and of itself, but because it's proven to be a less than enjoyable experience for 99% of the playerbase.

As we go about our busy lives, sometimes I just don't want to deal with the added stress when all I want to do is relieve stress. It doesn't mean I get to be a jerk about it, but don't take it personally if I don't include you because of xyz when I'm trying to do what I've set out to do in whatever time I have to do it.

TLDR: You need friends.

"Play as frost!" Okay!

I play frost as a bruiser. No snowglobe, just ice wave and avalanche. I'm still killing most enemies, picking up all my teamates and being very productive. They tell me to get the fack out because I refused to use snowglobe.

"Play as Nekros!" Okay!

I play Nekros nearly the same, staying mobile and forcing my enemies to never actually fight me. Using SotD as minor distractions (Natural talent to speed it up), terrify to stop my enemies from attacking for a little while, and soul punch for giggles. Unless I play Survival, I refuse to utilize Desecrate. They tell me I'm a bad player and worthless because I don't play my frame like everybody else, yet again, killing the most and being the primary reviver.

"Play Loki!" Okay!

I play Loki as a cloaked sniper, staying away from battle and maintaining high shields and mobility. I don't use switch teleport or decoy and I only use radial disarm when my teammates go down, quickly followed by Invis so I can get them up. They tell me I'm not doing anything and again, worthless. Yet I have the most damage (Against enemies), most kills, and again, am Reviver.

I always include "no Novas" in my recruiting. I average at least 3 hate-mails per message from people telling me that I'm a chicken-poop that's afraid of getting my kills stolen.

-My answer is always: I don't like michael bay films, I like killing people with bullets, and/or I like a little challenge in my soup.

Playstyle diversity=playing it wrong apparently. Gonna do it anyway.

So you came here just to brag how much of a hipster you are. K.

People should play however they want or do whatever they think is fun. But also, when you use certain frames, most people also expect you to play a certain style. For me, when I play with randoms I just play as expected of my warframe. And when I'm with Clannies I will play however I want. This way, for me, you can be as efficient and have fun doing it. 

So...

like...I'm the only person who likes partying with a Nova?  I mean, people are hating on you for being "different" in how you play your classes but then  you refuse to add Novas because you want "some challenge."  That's like not adding a Rhino because you hate Stomp or not adding Valkyr because "melee is for noobs".   What if the Rhino only had Roar and charge?  Or the Valkyr only used Ripline?

Do you just play with unconventional builds?  Is your best friend a melee Ember and a Nova with her portal skill only?

I mean, good for you for playing differently, but refusing to add a character because they play like normal is as bad as getting yelled at for not playing like normal.

Edited by Aramanth

People will always want the best of what a Warframe can bring.

I'm curious as to why you'd even use Snowglobe in survival. The idea is ludicrous to me.

I shall enlighten thee on why you'd snowglobe in survival (primarily with Corpus and Grineer).

1. As mentioned, to protect/revive a teammate.

2. You can actually get yourself in a nice spot, fully out of the way of your teammates fire and have a  personal shelter for the hoards of enemies in the room. Sometimes you DO need it. Its also amazing how quickly another teammate shows up in there, by choice, for protection since they might be squishier than you (hi, Loki! Pleasure to see you again!)

3. In a survival, if the group is doing a decent job of sticking near eachother you can kind of predict where they're going to go next, to that life support. You can get there ahead of time and get the globe up, offering a shelter and quick relief so shields can come back up. Even with high shields, sheer masses of things shooting at you can take you down fast. You also need those few seconds to not get killed while hitting the support.

4. Waiting for the team at extraction, the game is notorious for having a wave of enemies come at you there. So it's that last effort to NOT die before the timer runs out.

5. On occasion a wave of enemies will be coming down the hallway (Infested fit into this one too), the team is occupied, that globe will slow them down enough to give some time to finish one mass and go for the next. It keeps them at bay with the slow juuuuuust long enough.

That's why I use the globe in survival. It works out very well for me and the team. It also doesn't hinder their shots or line of sight and is there if they need it.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye