Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mount Idea Suggestion

Obliteratus

Mount in slot of a companion loadout.
Big stamina and health, run speed mods and armor mostly, some minor melee damage when enemies get close, longer
walk runs, bigger jump leaps.

Clan tech only!
Produce a new room in dojo: Taming Grounds - there you will be able to tame your mount.

Getting a mount : Have a kubrow or kill phorid or zanuka at least 5 times.

4 Possible suggestions for mount: Hacked Zanuka, Tamed Phorid, Infested Kubrow, Cyborg Kubrow.

Each would have its own position to make in the room. Obtainable by great resources and taming time (3 days?)

Could be introduced as an event to a game or a huge part of update.

What do you think of this idea tenno?
Please share!

I have to say no for a few reasons:

1) Where are we going to use them?
Seriously.
How many wide open and huge tiles do we have?
Not that many.
That kinda cuts their usefulness down dramatically right there.
Compare that to how many small, tight, and restrictive tiles that we have, including areas that are barely larger than our tenno.  How would a mount even hope to fit in those areas?

2) What would be the point?
We can get anywhere in the maps fairly quickly by using parkour and stuff.

3) It just doesn't fit the aesthetic of the game.

Also, how many doors/windows/air-vents/whatever would need to be resized in order to fit us on our mounts?
That would be a *lot* of work redoing large sections of tilesets for something that wouldn't provide any advantage.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Aren't Tenno supposed to be stealth operatives? Riding around like a knight in shining armor is essentially the opposite of that, and it doesn't feel like it fits the aesthetic of the game.

I can't tell if Tenno are or aren't supposed to be. Since there are stealth elements in game, sorta. But at the same time, supposedly the game devs don't want players to stay still and use cover, etc. Perhaps the stealth thing is mostly an afterthought. (Just like PVP.) And if you've read the various suggestion threads about implementing cover, you'll see that there are quite a few that are under the impression we're supposed to be going everywhere guns ablazin', charging into the middle of an mass of enemies as a 1 (to 4) man army, etc.

I think riding around like a knight in shining armor fits the overall "don't ever hide like a real sniper/stealthy operative/ninja" theme just perfectly. Just slap some cool lookin' barding on the kubrow, etc. :) 

Oops, editing in my afterthought: I'm not for or against kubrow/zanuka/whatever mounts.

Edited by CedarDpg

if you think that is good idea, look at darksiders 1,2, and 1 is preaty good egsample, there was just world,(ashland) where horse was very good to youse, and that it, other places where they alowed to ride, was too small everything was in your way, you better walked, well in 2 game is different story, becouse you have huge landscape, where you could ride,

assassins creed, horses is good when you are not in city, just too tight, shadow of collosus only open places whole game is where horse is yoused,

mounting horse and anyother creatures is good only in open place, which warframe dont have,

now mention any other game where mounted creature/ horse works fine in tight places like in warframe?

That's cool and Imma let you finish.

But no.

Haha, mighty nice of you.

Middle of my post, which you quoted: It fits just fine. After all, the catchphrase really should be something like "Ninja wannabes who learned all they know about ninjas from Naruto play free." :) Tenno aren't that ninja-like, and this game is more about just killing stuff and drawing attention so you can attract more stuff to kill.

Bottom of my post: I don't care one way or another about mounts. :)

-snippity snip snip-

Nice generalization. By a show of +'s how many Tenno here are inspired by or even like Naruto?

Don't take it personally mate, I clipped the part that I disagreed with, not your whole argument. And I did so for a reason.

We are already walking abominations of energy and metal. We move at ridiculous speeds that couldn't even be attained by mounts. Simple fact is they don't fit the game and I won't accept an argument that says they do.

Edited by Kestral9999

Really, are you serious? We have already discovered the problems in the design and care of the Kubrow and how flawed that whole system is and now you want to add Mounts, to the equation. Really. 

But on another note if PWE gets it hands on this game. Yeah it could happen riding around on a mutated horse. Or a Crawler.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

Nice generalization. By a show of +'s how many Tenno here are inspired by or even like Naruto?

Don't take it personally mate, I clipped the part that I disagreed with, not your whole argument. And I did so for a reason.

We are already walking abominations of energy and metal. We move at ridiculous speeds that couldn't even be attained by mounts. Simple fact is they don't fit the game and I won't accept an argument that says they do.

Haha, didn't say they had to be inspired or even like it. Some people just have some weird ideas about what ninjas are and what they did. More in-line with what shows like Naruto and others display.

Personally I think it'd be hilarious to see a bunch of Warframes puttering around on Segways. Especially pre-software fix Segways where they mess up and the rider can fall on their faces. :)

Haha, didn't say they had to be inspired or even like it. Some people just have some weird ideas about what ninjas are and what they did. More in-line with what shows like Naruto and others display.

Personally I think it'd be hilarious to see a bunch of Warframes puttering around on Segways. Especially pre-software fix Segways where they mess up and the rider can fall on their faces. :)

Not gonna lie, that would be hilarious. Almost as funny as watching newer players get knocked down by corpus beam-doors.

I'd rather we remain on our own two feet though, if it's all the same to everyone. Not every MMO game needs to have all of the elements of every other MMO game.

PS I can't stand that this game touts itself as a ninja game. Super powered space warriors maybe, but in no way ninjas. It's like if you see swordplay, wallrunning and cool poses suddenly it's qualified to be considered ninja.

Edited by Kestral9999

Not gonna lie, that would be hilarious. Almost as funny as watching newer players get knocked down by corpus beam-doors.

I'd rather we remain on our own two feet though, if it's all the same to everyone. Not every MMO game needs to have all of the elements of every other MMO game.

PS I can't stand that this game touts itself as a ninja game. Super powered space warriors maybe, but in no way ninjas. It's like if you see swordplay, wallrunning and cool poses suddenly it's qualified to be considered ninja.

Yeah, that always looks funny. I have to admit, it almost never happens, but occasionally I'll still get tripped up by a door when some random runs into a room and trips a sensor out of sight, doesn't bother to destroy the thing and it's just a split-second too late to roll/etc. through the beam trap. It's fine though, all ya need is a good weapon with puncture, stand on the outside of the door from the room they're in, shoot the glass...watch the little map marker scurry around to find a console. ;)

I agree with your PS... Seems like the Tenno faction is more about rebuilding an Empire through genocide, etc. more than having anything to do with ninjas. Definitely SPSWs.

The Tenno could have mounts.

As evidenced by some of the lore, they had a society with a clear hierarchy. Syandanas were indicators of status in the old days. As such, Tenno could have bred war beasts simply for the purpose of displaying authority.

Gameplay-wise, the mount would simply allow the Tenno to move at sprint speed indefinitely. Then the player wouldn't have to invest in stamina mods.

Edited by Chaosnamed

Hmm. If, and this is a big if, open maps with roaming and discovery is ever a thing, then why not? Just not possible with what we got now.

For a new maptype, boss-fight, a new star system - this idea is valid.

Yes, I love the game play in Darksiders, and would love it in Warframe too.