Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happens If You Die Before The Stalker Shows Up?

Aramanth

Question

Let's say you're in a mission alone and the stalker decides he doesn't like your face.  Before his third taunt and his spawn, if you die to enemies in the mission like normal does he just not spawn?  Does he spawn but go on a rampage killing nearby enemies?

16 answers to this question

He waits till you revive, then attacks you. I have a faint memory of experiencing this...or I'm just imagining things and everything I said was invalid.

You might be imagining things but I've undoubtedly experienced this. If you die after he spawns, even if it isn't by his hand, he will disappear, if you die as he spawns, he just disappears. But if you die before he spawns, while he's taunting you, he'll wait till you revive and kill you again. Best thing to do if you die while he's taunting you is to just forfeit.

I had him show up last week and it sucked. That meanie showed up in a survival mission as to which the team was randoms and NOT a team at all so no help or Stalker awareness from them.... but after he showed up, I got my booty kicked by a random moa shooting me from behind since I wasn't paying attention. I revived myself since I wanted a shot at the Stalker, but he decided not to stick around. He figured I was a pushover since a simple robot killed me before he could. I thought that was no fair.

If HE kills me, I'm not allowed to revive, but disappears when I'm killed by another enemy and I get back on my feet.

SIGH, lesson learned. Don't bother with the revive AFTER he shows up.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

You might be imagining things but I've undoubtedly experienced this. If you die after he spawns, even if it isn't by his hand, he will disappear, if you die as he spawns, he just disappears. But if you die before he spawns, while he's taunting you, he'll wait till you revive and kill you again. Best thing to do if you die while he's taunting you is to just forfeit.

Yup, this. See my post too :)

He's a rude thing.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

well the stalker has a 4%chance st spawn i believe so if you are in a solo mission an if he kills you the mission is faild

but one thing i know about stalker is that his meele speed is super slow but 1 shot from dread an your done for but he dosnt like to be melee  so you can just keep attacking him but if your a Valkyrie do not an i repeat do not go into hysteria he will absorb it 

well the stalker has a 4%chance st spawn i believe so if you are in a solo mission an if he kills you the mission is faild

but one thing i know about stalker is that his meele speed is super slow but 1 shot from dread an your done for but he dosnt like to be melee  so you can just keep attacking him but if your a Valkyrie do not an i repeat do not go into hysteria he will absorb it 

Believe me, I've tried everything I can think of to beat him.  I'm at the point where I figure the only way I can be like the rest of you guys is if I have a weapon strong enough to kill him in one hit, because if I don't he always kills me in two.

under no circumstances does Stalker attack anything but players (As far as I've seen in any case.)

Can't he be targeted by other enemies?  I've seen a video of a Loki going invisible and the Stalker began killing Grineer.  The loki joked he had a Stalker pet now.  I think it was one of Mogamu's videos, actually.

Edited by Aramanth

He waits till you revive, then attacks you. I have a faint memory of experiencing this...or I'm just imagining things and everything I said was invalid.

They should make it like PVP and have the Stalker sit there teabagging you until you revive or forfeit/abort. ;)

under no circumstances does Stalker attack anything but players (As far as I've seen in any case.)

The Stalker will attack other hostile mobs if they target him. If he shows up in an invasion or whatever, the friendlies will stop and attack the Stalker and the Stalker will kill them. The Infested also treat him as a hostile mob and will attack the Stalker as well, which causes him to stop and attack them back.

Initiative-wise though, I have never seen the Stalker initiate combat with anything other than players.

The Stalker will attack other hostile mobs if they target him. If he shows up in an invasion or whatever, the friendlies will stop and attack the Stalker and the Stalker will kill them. The Infested also treat him as a hostile mob and will attack the Stalker as well, which causes him to stop and attack them back.

Initiative-wise though, I have never seen the Stalker initiate combat with anything other than players.

He will more than kill he will wreck them, we had him help us out in a void defense before and he wiped out the whole wave.

After he was done with them though he came after us.

CedarDpg, that reminded me of a glitch reported here on the forums last year where the Stalker came after the Host and the host left. The game then had a host migration and when it reloaded, the stalker was on the floor with Bleedout as if he was a player. Other players ressurected him and he then started killing all the mobs and ignoring the players.

CedarDpg, that reminded me of a glitch reported here on the forums last year where the Stalker came after the Host and the host left. The game then had a host migration and when it reloaded, the stalker was on the floor with Bleedout as if he was a player. Other players ressurected him and he then started killing all the mobs and ignoring the players.

That shouldn't be a glitch.  If the stalker somehow dies to enemies, he bleeds outs.  If you revive him, he decides he's not all that above you after all and helps you finish the mission.  Afterwards he sends you a random item that he'd normally drop as his way of saying thank you and promising this is just a one-time thing- the next time you meet him again he'll be an enemy.

That shouldn't be a glitch.  If the stalker somehow dies to enemies, he bleeds outs.  If you revive him, he decides he's not all that above you after all and helps you finish the mission.  Afterwards he sends you a random item that he'd normally drop as his way of saying thank you and promising this is just a one-time thing- the next time you meet him again he'll be an enemy.

"This time, you were my friend, but the next time we see, I forget what you have done today"

Yeah, I hate it when people abort just because one of the assassins have come to collect. Occasionally when I'm in a random squad and one of those things shows up, you'll have the random person leave the game. :P If the hitman's after the host and the host leaves, they should set a flag for 100% chance of showing up on the next mission to be cleared when either:

1) That player is killed by the hitman, or

2) They or someone in their squad kills the hitman.

But that's funny about the bleedout thing. Perhaps they were so frustrated that the host ran away they committed seppuku.