Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good T4 Mag Prime Build

(PSN)ArjunHarikumar

Question

7 answers to this question

*wow this turned into a book. TLDR below*

Power Strength:

For Corpus, +40% power strength is enough to be effective up to about level 60. I would build with Rank 7 BR and Full Intensify, making +102%, and then add a full Overextended to get up to an extreme range. As you reach content beyond level 60, I'd drop some ranks in Overextended or drop the mod completely. Because SPolarize will kill almost everything, you don't even need to install Pull, and you should mod your weapons for Viral damage (as there will be no shields to speak of). Natural Talent is optional because SP will kill at a very large range and you're unlikely to be threatened.

For Grineer and Infested, keeping to 75% efficiency is optimal, which means only +57% power strength. This will restore shields by ~80% so you'll want to stack shields for survivability. Because you'll be using SP and Pull do no/little damage, you'll be using them defensively, and you want to install Natural Talent.

For Void, you definitely want to be stacking 4x CP auras. If no one but you will use it, you want to build similar to the Grineer setup, with max efficiency, because SP won't do much damage to Grineer units. If you can get 3 of them, you want to build with maximum power strength and can ditch NT, as SP will do pretty good damage - bring an AoE weapon to finish weakened units off. If you can get a group to bring all 4 CP auras, you should build with +102% power strength, which allows full shield restore and 50% efficiency. This lets you deal enough damage to kill most units anywhere near a shielded enemy (Corrupted Moas will take out a gunner, Corrupted Crewmen will do about 80% damage to them, and if buffed with a Shield Osprey will kill them). However, Shields increase slower than health, so if you plan to go endless (beyond level 100 or so) you'll want to go back to using full power strength, as units will begin to survive eventually.

Range:

Range is critical when using SP offensively, but not as important when using it defensively. Thus, the +range alternate helmet is critical to an optimal build, it adds 25% range! That's a significant increase. I like to use OE against Corpus to keep my efficiency at 50%, so I'm used to the costs when using other offensive builds or scaling up for higher levels. Frankly, it's overkill - dropping OE and just using Stretch and the alt helm will work just as well, and SP will be cheaper. That said stacking both range mods and the helm will have you killing stuff from 2 tilesets away, which is always worth a giggle. Just click SP and watch numbers appear all over your screen :P

When using SP defensively, range is not as important, especially if your team sticks together. You can drop the alt helm and/or stretch, but the additional range from at least one of them is important for Pull. It'll increase the range on that CC ability just enough that you'll knock down enemies *before* they find cover and start shooting at you, which is important defensively.

Natural Talent:

As I've stated above, I feel NT is crucial when using SP primarily to restore shields, and using Pull often. When using SP offensively, the need for pull is greatly reduced as a lot of enemies are dead, so NT is not as crucial.

Other abilities:

Crush is completely terrible. The damage is garbage (Pull does more damage per energy and about the same DPS) and the animation is unwieldy and leaves you wide open to enemy attacks. Bullet Attractor can be useful tactically, but the situations where it is beneficial are so rare it's not generally worth a mod slot that could buff SP and Pull. Specifically, I find BA useful as a defensive tool, because maximizing range is so important for SP and Pull that the bubble is huge. As long as you're within the bubble, all incoming damage is redirected to your target. At higher levels, your target will die quickly, but the ability makes it hard to make headshots and can decrease player DPS. So I'd use it to revive/use LS, but that's about it; and Pull spam will work almost as well at neutralizing enemy DPS.

TLDR:

Crush and Bullet Attractor are not worth slotting.

You need ~+40% power strength to kill most Corpus units. You only need more if you're going to higher levels, and you never need more than +102%.

SP wont hurt Grineer or Infested, so focus on getting maximum efficiency and installing Natural Talent and use SP for the shield restore and Pull for the knockdown. Against Grineer you only need a little bit of range; against Infested you don't need any (still nice to help teammates).

You need max efficiency and NT for Void as well, unless you can organize multiple CP auras. Then you need +102% or maximum power strength, depending on the level range you want to fight and if you have 3 or 4 CPS going.