The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Psa] If You Lag, Please Don't Host A Mission

Naked

im sorry but i dont control the matchmaking system. you can play privately with your rich friends on your pc's that run the game at 5000 FPS, as for the common gamer, not everyone can run the game smoothly and not everyone feel like sitting with tumb up the butt looking for a host/waiting on other players and would rather to just start playing and let people join mid mission.

so unless you plan on giving everyone a good pc, think befor you ask silly stuff.

if you talk about connection on the other hand it seem like its random, have a friend i sometime play perfectly fine with her, and sometime, i lag like hell, networking issues maybe.

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

im sorry but i dont control the matchmaking system. you can play privately with your rich friends on your pc's that run the game at 5000 FPS, as for the common gamer, not everyone can run the game smoothly and not everyone feel like sitting with tumb up the butt looking for a host/waiting on other players and would rather to just start playing and let people join mid mission.

so unless you plan on giving everyone a good pc, think befor you ask silly stuff.

if you talk about connection on the other hand it seem like its random, have a friend i sometime play perfectly fine with her, and sometime, i lag like hell, networking issues maybe.

And to add to that, most free-to-play players have weak rigs and slow connections.

I'll host because I don't feel like dealing with ~1s of latency thanks. If you have an issue, then leave.

Quite a selfish statement seeing as (in accordance to my topic) when you're lagging and you host, up to 3 other people will feel the pain of lag while you don't.

they can, but one time a brazilian guy used voice chat, and a person from japan(he said in in-game chat) was hosting the mission.

we need to force a ping limit or something

I just hope that actually does something.

Last game I've played that actually implemented a ping limit, players would still join because they would spike immensely crazy. From the lowest milliseconds to highest in a minute or two.

But I got a better idea. A pop-up message.

Would ask you which server is closest to you, when you first start the game.

Internet latency =/= computer latency

they can, but one time a brazilian guy used voice chat, and a person from japan(he said in in-game chat) was hosting the mission.

we need to force a ping limit or something

Yeah, i just had some Brazilian folks playing in an NA East game and it was horrible lag.

Quite a selfish statement seeing as (in accordance to my topic) when you're lagging and you host, up to 3 other people will feel the pain of lag while you don't.

So I am supposed to suffer and not enjoy the game, just so other people can? Yeah, no thanks.

My computer is powerful enough to never drop below 60FPS at max settings, so any issues coming from my end, is just latency.

Snake, double post.

Op, did you ever consider checking to make sure that you yourself are not part of the "problem"?

Not everyone has great connection, and sometimes even people with good connection have bad connection to each other.

I always make sure to ask the remaining members of the party if they are lagging as well, and I always check my ping on a regular basis.

So I am supposed to suffer and not enjoy the game, just so other people can? Yeah, no thanks.

My computer is powerful enough to never drop below 60FPS at max settings, so any issues coming from my end, is just latency.

That's the thing, it's not about FPS. It's about connection issues. This was targeted towards people with horrible latency hosting missions because it creates lag for the other party members.

Says the guy with horrible hosting abilities XD

What?

Edited by Naked

Even region filtering isn't a guarantee you'll have a good connection between the host and other players. For example, the Oceanic region filter is used by both Asians and Australians - but Internet connectivity between the two is pretty bad.