Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Warning Points 2.0

emaralez87

"Minor Infractions (30 Day Warning Points):

Spamming

(purposefully posting the same message multiple times, posting off-topic images/text, creating threads to link/promote other threads)"

"posting off-topic images/text" - what if topic-starter encourages such behavior but moderator received report from not-topic-starter? 

"creating threads to link/promote other threads" - ??? I don't understand. 

1) members of the forum gain no money from amount of views and likes. what kind of promotion can be here?

2) is link in this post "promotional" link? what difference between "promotional" link and ... allowed link?

also, this is not very handy to search the stuff on the forum. for example when you want to find did anyone asked question you want to ask before (ok moderators work good here), or you have fanconcept and want to watch similar concepts before posting (this is nearly impossible if you are not sitting on the forum every day watching through concepts). OK you don’t want to allow members to make their own indexes of stuff (so… member couldn’t even make index of his own stuff and stuff he participating… ?), but, then, there should be more moderatable and more userfriendly structure not only for posting stuff but for searching too IMO. Is restructure of forums in the plan?

"posting off-topic images/text" - what if topic-starter encourages such behavior but moderator received report from not-topic-starter? 

You'll get a warning point regardless. I posted a harmless picture in General Discussion after the changes and received my first ever warning point.

You don't create a thread advertising another thread that's falling down on the list. That should be simple. A lot of players attempt to disguise threads like these as legitimate topics.

Minor Infractions (30 Day Warning Points):
Spamming
(purposefully posting the same message multiple times, posting off-topic images/text, creating threads to link/promote other threads)
Signature Violation
(Including an image or lengthy text signature in posts.)
Topic Bumping
(replying to a topic with the sole intention of moving it to the top of the page.)

Misleading Thread Title
(Creating a thread with an inflammatory, misleading, or otherwise inappropriate title.)

I take issue with the bold. These particular infractions are far too strict for my tastes. Some topics could use some help. You help and you get a 30-day infraction? That seems very harsh. The rest is fine. I wonder if soon we will be getting warning points for having negative opinions on the state of the game or the behavior of the staff. (respectful of course but negative nontheless).I'll see how it goes I guess.

1) members of the forum gain no money from amount of views and likes. what kind of promotion can be here?
2) is link in this post "promotional" link? what difference between "promotional" link and ... allowed link?

Unfortunately it happens enough times that it has to be addressed. It's referring to people who make threads to link other threads they have created instead of adding to that thread itself. Adds unnecessary clutter, and attempts to promote some other thread that has already run its course. You usually see this as someone posting about some particular topic, but then only linking a previous thread as the body of their post.

Very annoying spam, in my opinion.

You don't create a thread advertising another thread that's falling down on the list. That should be simple. A lot of players attempt to disguise threads like these as legitimate topics.

creating threads to link/promote other threads)

Topic Bumping

(replying to a topic with the sole intention of moving it to the top of the page.)

so it is about topics what contain only one link? 

what about topics like "some stuff reworked" what starts from words "there was my old stuff (link), now topic is closed 'cause it was started in 2013 so here is reworked stuff of this stuff"? 

It's only a bump if you have nothing to add. If you say something meaningful to the conversation that's fine.

thought no. when I see how members of the forum avoiding links... lot of cases when members do not post links to another similar threads where are answers to questions in newborn topic, they just give word description of this threads. first time at the forum I thought what people who post this kind of posts are rude and lazy as they don't want to give someone a direct link to topic with answer, but now I understand what  this people just don't want to make an advertisement of someone's topic.

UPD: at least I often see posts like "meh another concept of blahblahblah ://" or "did you take it from blahblahblah ?://" and this is near impossible to find this "blahblahblah" only by words without direct link, what members do not posting for reasons

Edited by emaralez87