The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increased Ninja Moveset

Ganpot

I'm thoroughly surprised (and somewhat impressed) at how many different movement abilities exist in the game. Warframes can sprint, slide, wall-run, and more. However, most of these abilities serve almost no useful function during combat. Guns and melee weapons will always probably be the most efficient way of dispatching enemies, but that doesn't mean sliding into an enemy can't also be rewarding.

1. Slide: Sliding into a smaller enemy should stagger it (interrupt its attack). It should also prevent that enemy from attacking for 1-1.5 seconds (to stop it from attacking you while you're on the ground).

2. Jump-Kick: Jumping, then sliding into a small enemy while in midair should knock that enemy to the ground for 2 seconds and inflict a small amount of damage. This will allow a player to temporarily disable a single enemy.

3. Wall-Run Kick: Similar to Jump-Kick, except the player starts off by running along a wall.

4. Wall-Run Backflip: While running straight up a wall, pressing jump should launch the player 5 meters backwards (this kinda already happens, but not forcefully enough). If the warframe hits another wall, it will then continue running up that wall for a short duration. This will allow players to chain wall-runs in certain locations to reach new areas.

EDIT: Apparently this is already in the game, and just isn't used much. However, the animations for it are kinda weird.

5. Slide Melee: In addition to the normal damage of this attack, it should also knock back anything it hits. This will allow players to support a downed teammate by forcing enemies to back away (while another teammate revives).

That's all I can think up for now. I believe these ideas to be pretty reasonable. Plus, they wouldn't take much effort to implement, since many of the current animations would suffice.

Edited by Ganpot

Jump-kicks already exist and knock enemies down. They don't do damage as far as I know, but it's still useful - and it can knock down several enemies, not just one. You can also already initiate a jumpkick by backflipping off of a wall. You can already chain vertical wallruns together, not to mention vertical to horizontal and horizontal to vertical wallruns.

Slide melee... Eh. The jump attack already serves the same function by staggering all enemies in its radius.

Don't get me wrong, though, more movement should be encouraged in combat.

Jump-kicks already exist and knock enemies down. They don't do damage as far as I know, but it's still useful - and it can knock down several enemies, not just one. You can also already initiate a jumpkick by backflipping off of a wall.

Slide melee... Eh. The jump attack already serves the same function by staggering all enemies in its radius.

Jump-kicks knock down enemies?  Huh.  I've tried that before and it didn't do anything.  Maybe it just doesn't work 100% of the time.  I'll go test it again. 

I think adding a knock-back would really help the slide melee.  As is, it's somewhat underwhelming (since enemies can just melee or shoot you as soon as you hit them).  I admit that a knock-back is pretty similar to a knock-down, but that's all I could think of (and a knock-back makes sense with the current animation). 

YES. Especially if they add air slash attacks.

That would be awesome, actually.  Imagine launching an enemy into the air, jumping up, and then slicing it a couple of times on its way down.