Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GunBladeSlash

Brace Your Selves Angstrum Users Nerfs Are Coming

For all people that are concerned about this, its not as ammo pickups wont give you 20 ammo anymore. You just wont be able to be lampcamper anymore, and will need to get down once or twice per wave to collect ammo.

Heresy!

Considering that they can now change guns ammo at will, it won't be long before they tweak ammo pick up to become % instead of flat.

And then community be like

vUmvI35.gif

Considering that they can now change guns ammo at will, it won't be long before they tweak ammo pick up to become % instead of flat.

And then community be like

vUmvI35.gif

Why would that be a problem? Percent pick ups would be way more fair.

I agree that this reduction was long overdue but 20 is a bit low for any weapon even if they are launchers. I would probably bring it up to 40-60 just for some breathing room with ammo consumption. I'm not sure why they lowered it for the torid as well, why make an obsolete/underused weapon even more useless DE?

I feel that explosive weapons had their niche and that niche was firing at Vortexes (or other bottlenecks).

(Frankly they are horrible at anything that requires you to keep moving as enemies often trickle in small groups and you're much better served by bringing a Boltor Prime or Paris Prime for tough mobs)

The ammo nerf isn't eliminating that niche, but it's eliminating all other uses.

This isn't curing the illness, it's fighting the symptoms.

Don't kid yourself....you could just throw damage on those weapons and rape anything across all gamemodes. 

After the change you will have to scavenge a lot for ammo or actually mod accordingly (and lose some of your damage in your build).

In Defense it's bye-bye to the people just standing on a high spot shooting their rockets 24/7, essentially making the mission super boring for anyone.

In Survival you won't see people non-aim Angstrum/explosive Spamming anymore while sprinting around

In Exterminate they will be relatively the same as the enemy count is limited...people might just actually take the time to aim a little.

Explosive weapons will need to be modded for Ammo so they can spam more (and thus lose a bit of damage) or actually be used more tactical (gasp)

Whoa, what? it'll have a tenth of its normal ammo capacity?  That'll make any mission I have to carry intel around even more annoying.... Well, at least it gives me a reason to finish making a Brakk.

Why would that be a problem? Percent pick ups would be way more fair.

Because filthy casuals.

People seems to forget that Angstrum, is a secondary. When you want a secondary to be as strong as primary like Ogris and Penta, you should know something's wrong.

Waiting for Brakk and Marelok nerf as well.

21 is only low if you shoot 7 + multishot all dealing 3-4k bullet each hit to a group of infected having only 1k hp.

21 is extremely low.

why do the forum goers love nerfs and hate power.  i cannot understand it,  no matter how much you explain.  cbt fans?

Because the Angstrum is stronger than a primary with a comparable ammo pool, as a secondary. And what does CBT have anything to do with wanting game balance?

This would be a very interesting change. 

I will sit, observe and test to see if it is the right decision. 

I agree that this reduction was long overdue but 20 is a bit low for any weapon even if they are launchers. I would probably bring it up to 40-60 just for some breathing room with ammo consumption. I'm not sure why they lowered it for the torid as well, why make an obsolete/underused weapon even more useless DE?

50 for the main launchers, maybe a little more for the Angstrum.

21 is extremely low.

why do the forum goers love nerfs and hate power.  i cannot understand it,  no matter how much you explain.  cbt fans?

Because power creep needs to be brought under-control.

50 for the main launchers, maybe a little more for the Angstrum.

For AOE insane damage weapon, you shouldnt have spammablitly. Tactical gameplay comes in mind, high risk high gain gameplay type.

If I put an Ammo Mutation Mod on the Sentinel, will it affect my personal pick-ups, or will I have to use it on my side-arm? I ask simply because putting it on the Sentinel would help to alleviate the shortages.

I'm still waiting for soma and boltor prime nerfs.

Don't care for the Soma nerf, but I don't get the nerf on Boltor Prime. Whats the point of priming it if it's just gonna be weak?

For AOE insane damage weapon, you shouldnt have spammablitly. Tactical gameplay comes in mind, high risk high gain gameplay type.

With the number of enemies that come at you, and how inaccurate the weapons can be 50 is a fair ammo count. WF is far more arcade-ish than other shooters.

Don't care for the Soma nerf, but I don't get the nerf on Boltor Prime. Whats the point of priming it if it's just gonna be weak?

At least just increase its Mastery Rank requirement. 

At least just increase its Mastery Rank requirement.

Yeah, I'm fine with that.

Maybe bring it down from "the hand of God reaching out to smite your enemies" to "regular strong prime weapon"?