Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Ui Improvements Ideas (With Mockup Pics)

Monolake

Hello, as I'v heard Pablo and Dorian are reading these forums, Iv decided to post my suggestions for interface improvements that are rather simple and don't require major reworks.

So first of all, the current planet nodes map is confusing and has no visual connections. 

Here is a simple (and the easiest to do) path overlay that would improve it. Notice the boss node has a connection to the image of the next planet (Im not even sure what planet it is now lol. so I put Saturn).

2gsihhe.jpg

Another option would be to shape the sectors differently, creating connection between them. 

Also it would be good to put mission type icons (defence, exterminate etc) on every node.

Main menu. Its poorly readable because it uses ALL CAPS. Simple easy to implement solution: add familiar icons (The 'arsenal' icon is probably more suitable than the 'foundry' for 'EQUIPMENT').

Now you don't have to read or remember what's where.  Please do it. 

219uumd.jpg

Too many pages issue. Here is an idea: as you hover (not click) over the main button, it drops down a sub-menu with clickable buttons (with icons too) - same way as it shows a description now. (for gamepad 'move right' would switch to the submenu, 'move down' would go down the main)

Drop down menus are not ideal but better, more coherent and faster than going back and forth between pages. And no extra clicks.

9u1c0l.jpg

Considering modding menu: these dont have to drop-down http://i58.tinypic.com/2cxyeq0.png, you can make them into in-line buttons: |name| |rank| |drain| |polarity|

And could add more filtering to "all" / "aura" (for example filtering by polarity)

"Cancell" button is missing from the bottom menu of the modding screen

Another small tweak to alert descriptions following a thread (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286828-please-put-the-nightmare-back-in-nightmare-alerts): nightmare alerts need more obvious indication:  

120p5x2.png

Also you could add mission type icons once you have created them.

Note: the mockups are just illustrations and examples, this could be done better with more time and effort. 

That's all for today. 

Edited by Monolake

Menu navigation one would be really good. I do like the idea of the pathing, it looks professional.

Hold on, that pathing does not work. All touching zones are connected, which means that normally you could go from Anake to "Conclave" when Conclave would normally be a normal node. So if you have a whole bunch of close by nodes, you just have a lot of coloured lines forming boxes, and it would look bad. If anything, there should be a wide link like this :

(WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE WAS EDITED IN 2 SECONDS AND MAY CAUSE VISUAL TRAUMA)

http://imgur.com/ZFvY7Z8

as if there was a connecting band UNDER the tile.

Edited by DSpite

Hold on, that pathing does not work. All touching zones are connected, which means that normally you could go from Anake to "Conclave" when Conclave would normally be a normal node. So if you have a whole bunch of close by nodes, you just have a lot of coloured lines forming boxes, and it would look bad. If anything, there should be a wide link like this :

(WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE WAS EDITED IN 2 SECONDS AND MAY CAUSE VISUAL TRAUMA)

http://imgur.com/ZFvY7Z8

as if there was a connecting band UNDER the tile.

To be honest I have no idea how the nodes connect now! ( I have 99% of the map completed)  They could reshape the nodes and make bridges between them, pretty much like you painted. Shouldn't be much work either, assuming it is flash and elements are cloned.

Also

Add multi-row chat tabs, don't try to put 100 tabs in one line, like:

Cool:

Henry | Ford | Likes | Oreo | CoockiesMRX | LeetGuy | BigBoom | BroomX | Y | Z | ABC | DWT | DWDWWD

Not cool:

Henry | Ford | Likes | Oreo | Coockies | MRX | LeetGuy | BigBoom | Broom | X | Y | Z | ABC | DWT | DWDWWD

Not mention that you can see only:

Henry | Ford | Likes | Oreo | Coockies | MRX

and you have to click that arrows <- -> :(

Edited by EmbedFire