Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Naftal

I like the quanta a lot, but as with any weapon that can't zoom, it simply feels terrible to be able to zoom, it makes the weapon just that much less enjoyable to use, power aside. I'd rather see the weapon get a bit of a nerf and have zoom added, then it stay in it's current position.

On a related note, I just played a mission using the quanta and the marelock, and I was unable to zoom with the marelock either, which is weird. I checked my keybindings, and 'aim weapon' is still bound to mouse2, so it's not that. I'll have to do some more testing to see if there is a serious problem here.

It's intended, if it could zoom the flux should be completely deleted from the game.

The Flux Rifle and the Quanta are fairly different, and especially by damage types. The Flux Rifle does mostly slash damage, and the Quanta does only electricity damage. This means that the Quanta cannot cause any procs from impact, puncture or slash damage. This is especially notable with the Flux Rifle's significantly higher status chance.

The Flux Rifle and the Quanta are fairly different, and especially by damage types. The Flux Rifle does mostly slash damage, and the Quanta does only electricity damage. This means that the Quanta cannot cause any procs from impact, puncture or slash damage. This is especially notable with the Flux Rifle's significantly higher status chance.

It seems more a handicap for the flux than an advantage, Slash damage is bad agaisnt armor. The slash proc is kinda good but since it doesn't have pure slash damage it can randomly proc impact status instead of the bleed.

If you mod evenly the quanta and the flux, quanta delivers much more damage

• 4 weeks later...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Key_Bindings

I'm not a PS4 player, but according to wiki page, it seems that down,left and right button on the d-pad are not used.

Maybe we can use those button.

Actually on PC I use the left and right keys on the d-pad to switch skills while having my up button being my roll button.   So yeah i kinda ran out of buttons to push D:

It seems more a handicap for the flux than an advantage, Slash damage is bad agaisnt armor. The slash proc is kinda good but since it doesn't have pure slash damage it can randomly proc impact status instead of the bleed.

If you mod evenly the quanta and the flux, quanta delivers much more damage

Which is why people want the Flux to get another buff. It's not up to it's former standards.

I honestly think that the inability to zoom with Quanta is an intended counter to it's many great strengths. It strikes a very interesting balance, since it is more versatile than almost any weapon, but it also has drawbacks that are unique to it as well. 

People hardly use the beam...

That was not intended.

And those that do have a mouse. Why zoom with a mouse?

Edited by Jinryusai

same issue here my middle finger always accidentally click RMB when i neen to zoom -_-

how about use mouse button 3(roll) for zooming on quanta and mutalist quanta? but the zoom is different with normal zoom,when we roll it up our view will zoomed in and it'll kept that way till we roll it down (zoom out),sure the weapon has long reach but of course we need to zoom in to aim at long range target

zoom with melee!

Sneaking is harder if you have melee out because you cant look closer to where you are going.

Definitely. Hate having to put away my melee to zoom on things(yay for scanners?)

Merged 2 threads about this topic!

Hoping this means it'll be addressed?

I've never heard of the zoom and alt fire keys being separate. This gives me ideas.

Imagine this: Aura/Stance type mods for guns that give them alternate firing modes. They can be something as simple as a choice between semi and burst, semi or auto, or auto and burst, or something more complex like being able to have an under-barrel shotgun, flamethrower or grenade launcher (which would have stats based on your weapon's own mods and also have unique ammo consumption rates). Thunderbolt could be turned into one of these mods as well, to eliminate the RNG factor. Simply make each explosive arrow consume two or three standard arrows.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...