Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Naftal

If experiments go according to plan, that is the intended end-result! When I have the proper safety gear I will enter the labs for a progress report.

I'll certainly be keeping a keen eye on how this goes forward. I welcome the decision by yourselves to start working on this, it's much appreciated by myself and I'm sure much of the community. *Thumbs Up*

Hey Rebecca! But what about people who are comfortable for having both zoom and alt fire on a single button? Can we bind 2 actions to a single key? Current key binding don't allow this for some baseless reason. There is another problem with key binding: you can not leave a key unbound. For example I (and most of other veterans) don't use roll button and have shift bound exclusively for sprint. Since U13 I believe I can not leave "roll" button unbound, which is very, very annoying.

The experiment is not far enough along to speak to this with any finality. Whatever is in-progress indicates that Aim/Secondary cannot be bound to the same key, I do not know if it's final, though! I cannot comment on 'baseless' reasoning but at this time functionality for zoom + secondary weapons is a priority, not key binding ownership overall.

I'll certainly be keeping a keen eye on how this goes forward. I welcome the decision by yourselves to start working on this, it's much appreciated by myself and I'm sure much of the community. *Thumbs Up*

Early results from the lab are in, click below to see a Quanta being aimed, fired, and Alt-Fired in sequence!

http://gfycat.com/FrayedPowerlessEmperorshrimp

Hats off to the Devs for progress so far!

The experiment is not far enough along to speak to this with any finality. Whatever is in-progress indicates that Aim/Secondary cannot be bound to the same key, I do not know if it's final, though! I cannot comment on 'baseless' reasoning but at this time functionality for zoom + secondary weapons is a priority, not key binding ownership overall.

Early results from the lab are in, click below to see a Quanta being aimed, fired, and Alt-Fired in sequence!

I am liking this progress so far.

Edited by LazerSkink

Limbo.jpg

I've been using the Glaive P a lot, recently.

Since this is being touched, a thought:

Can thrown melee get throwing bound to secondary/aim, letting block be one button while letting you insta-throw, without the 'charge' part?

Edited by Chroia

Well, that looks like fantastic progress! :)

Now, for some genuine concerns/questions:

1) Buzlok, while technically not having a secondary fire, do you think it could be changed so that the tag-dart is its new secondary fire (instead of requiring aiming + shooting)? Shooting secondary fire again could then be to "untag" the current dart. This would allow for an awesome amount of freedom (tagging and untagging at will, allowing to aim and shoot regular shots any time etc). Is this considered?

2) When customizing these new things, I hope they won't interfere with melee mode actions. What I mean is, can these configurations be done without any clashing:

Guns:

Mouse 1 = Fire

Mouse 2 = Aim

Mouse 4 = Secondary Fire

Melee (in melee mode of course)

Mouse 1 = Attack

Mouse 2 = Block

Mouse 4 = Channel (I guess this can be considered melee's secondary fire?)

So yeah, it would be great if the game distinguishes between gunmode and meleemode customizations.

but at this time functionality for zoom + secondary weapons is a priority, not key binding ownership overall.

as it is, we have 'Fine Aim' and 'Alternate Fire'. i assume this won't be changing.

therefore, if someone really wanted to, they should be able to (since the game doesn't complain if you do, something i'm very glad for) double Bind Fine Aim and Alternate Fire to the same button should they really wish to do so.

Edited by taiiat

Thanks a lot for your reply!

The baseless was the thing about unable to leave a key you do not use unbound.

Does that mean Buzlok will be able to aim and shoot normal rounds?

sound like it

they plan to let all primary and secondary having zoom in order to aim glide

i see no reason to not make buzz-castanas-penta   not following this line

Edited by Tsoe

Update 17: Yeah, You Can Alt-Fire/Zoom Now

Tombs of the Sentient moved to U18.

How would this work for console players though? That's my main worry, as i do use a controller to play Warframe

What about when aiming with the weapon, you hit your switch weapon key to cycle the firing modes?

Easy for console and PC versions, and PC can still rebind a whole separate key.

-Jin

How would this work for console players though? That's my main worry, as i do use a controller to play Warframe

What about when aiming with the weapon, you hit your switch weapon key to cycle the firing modes?

Easy for console and PC versions, and PC can still rebind a whole separate key.

-Jin

Currently R3 and R1/Right Bumper both activate last cast/selected ability.

R3 is being reassigned as default 'Alt Fire'.

This .gif is me Aiming (Left Trigger), Firing (Right Trigger)/Alt Firing (R3) a Quanta Vandal with a Xbox 360 Wired Controller:

http://gfycat.com/TanScrawnyBarnowl

It feels very very good to aim with these weapons on both M&KB + Controller so far. As the team works away on full functionality I'll share what I can, but so far I'm very happy to see how far they've got!

This .gif is me Aiming (Left Trigger), Firing (Right Trigger)/Alt Firing (R3) a Quanta Vandal with a Xbox 360 Wired Controller:

It feels very very good to aim with these weapons on both M&KB + Controller so far. As the team works away on full functionality I'll share what I can, but so far I'm very happy to see how far they've got!

Very cool! What's R3 though, I use an Xbox Controller myself.

Edit: So that's Right Bumper then, right? But my Right Bumper is both Quick Melee and Melee when holding melee weapon.

Is this so we can't melee while zooming? That's fine, I'm just a curious cat is all. Lol

-Jin

Edited by Jin_Lightning

:D Yay, when? gimme gimme gimme.....