Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Out The Window?

GunBladeSlash

so when i first started playing was a little while before the glaive was added and shade and wyrm were the only sentinels and im pretty to sure their descriptions said they were reversed engineered corpus tech. obisvily if thats what it said it was removed and i cant find any evidence that even existed. but anyways what other lore changes have happened while i wasn't playing? i wanna know all the lore changes and the pieces of lore that were straight up thrown out the wind.

p.s and wasn't earths description  before we were able to even play on it...

A desolate, ruined world. Home of the oppressive Grineer Empire.

Earth is desolate and ruined. The ecosystem has been totally destroyed by Orokin super-plants.

And yeah, lore changes. They retconned nova's backstory too.

We also have to remember that the lore/story is still very much a work in progress, and so things being changed or tossed altogether is perfectly fine and natural in the writing process.

EDIT: Any writer worth his/her salt that says he/she had NEVER rewritten or tossed out something is a dirty liar or just a really bad writer in general.

EDIT 2: This wasn't directed at you, vaugahn. Speaking to everyone in general.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

We also have to remember that the lore/story is still very much a work in progress, and so things being changed or tossed altogether is perfectly fine and natural in the writing process.

They also remove and refine elements to fit their vision and adhere to their "Warframe Bible". Sometimes the lore entries are just placeholders until they can assign people to flesh it out better. Nothing is canon in beta, right?

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Earth is desolate and ruined. The ecosystem has been totally destroyed by Orokin super-plants.

And yeah, lore changes. They retconned nova's backstory too.

i dont think its desolate anymore because the grineer are inhabiting it now maybe the description is just out dated 

i dont think its desolate anymore because the grineer are inhabiting it now maybe the description is just out dated 

Well it was always the grineer homeworld, I think by "desolate and ruined" they just mean it's messed up. Again, refer to what Snake said about changing lore.

Actually, the Cicero Crisis told us that the Grinder are still limited to populating their crowded city(ies). The Orokin superweeds made sure of that.

Actually, the Cicero Crisis told us that the Grinder are still limited to populating their crowded city(ies). The Orokin superweeds made sure of that.

In a weird way, I'm actually starting to think of it like Legend of Korra. These "Orokin superweeds" are making tons of places uninhabitable, and thus people (in this case, the Grineer) are forced to cram together into what I assume are even more uninhabitable and desolate areas.