Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno's True Face

Plataras

Come now let's be serious. If you go to Warframe Wiki you will find out that our Tenno are corrupted by the void human warriors who were given battle suits to fight. They were sleeping in crypods and now they are free to roam the system. But they are still humans. Can you imagine what they look like under their helmets? Maybe some strange, mutated from the void face. That would be disgusting.

We don't know what they would look like. We know they'd be mutated, but we do not know the extent nor the intensity of the mutation itself. It could be something as small as scarring to something as extensive as full-body mutation. Furthermore, it could all be the same or it could be a Tenno-by-Tenno basis, in which each person has a different variation.

It's all up to the imagination of the player, which I like.

Art director Mynki develops a Tenno for every Warframe. This artwork is not yet released and it is unknown if it ever will be released.

I genuinely hope they are never released. Part of the strength of Warframe is having the Tenno/Warframes act as blank slates. Blank slates for the players to write whatever they want. Their own appearances, their own personalities, their own background and backstories. Their own lore.

It works really well, and I hope it stays this way. 

Come now let's be serious. If you go to Warframe Wiki you will find out that our Tenno are corrupted by the void human warriors who were given battle suits to fight. They were sleeping in crypods and now they are free to roam the system. But they are still humans. Can you imagine what they look like under their helmets? Maybe some strange, mutated from the void face. That would be disgusting.

It does not matter how they would look. 

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than appearances. 

An argument could be made regarding the disfigurement of Tenno faces due to the mutation. If genetics had advanced so far in the future, would it not be feasible to alter the appearances of those who have disfigurements? After all, its being done today, something far more substantial and effective could be done in the future. Its all up to speculation. And as Snake put it quite aptly, the ambiguity is the best thing to happen to the Tenno. I couldn't see myself playing any other Tenno apart from the ones I envision and draw. 

Search "Hayden Tenno Dark Sector" and look at the Dark SectOr Wikia.

Except that's Hayden Tenno, who was only ever exposed to the Technocyte. Whether or not our modern Tenno have the Technocyte in us is irrelivant, as we were also exposed to the Void - and because of that we're a WHOLE 'nother animal.

I'll also link this art thread, as the creator agrees with OP's ideas:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/282141-rhino-and-oberon-unmasked-zerojackdaws-art-croutons/

If Vor is able to stay looking the same traveling through the Void (Pre-Corrupted), then why are the Tenno thought to be mutated? I picture them normal, but with unique Eye colors due to natural Genetic Advancement. 

Like I said in my two earlier posts, it's all up to player interpretation. There are implications, but beyond these hints there really isn't much that is solid.

I guess its a game technique,

I'd probably hate de if they ever showed what the tennos look like.

Not knowing how the tennos look like adds a sense of mystery,

which kind off satisfies most if not all players here.

Just like Warframe.

One of Halos selling points was the unmasked Master Chief.

having him to not show his face gave players room to imagine how he would looked like, which in turn made him more interesting.

Though I kinda hate how 343 gave a glimpse of Master Chiefs Face.

Edited by Xuimma

Like I said in my two earlier posts, it's all up to player interpretation. There are implications, but beyond these hints there really isn't much that is solid.

Hey i get it, 13 Years of Halo and all we got to see of his actual face is his eyes. Soo much fan art probably got thrown away.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

the fact I can go and change from Frost to whatever else, even boobed frames lends me to the conclusion that the warframe is more like a body and the Tenno like... a command system... whatever, an AI, a spirit, a being that can be transferred to another warframe.

And that boobs and stuff and whatever, that's just a robot/machine/avatar with a feminine shape.

And I like it this way.

I guess its a game technique,

I'd probably hate de if they ever show what the tenno faces look like.

Not knowing how the tennos look like adds a sense of mystery,

which kinda satisfies most if not all players here.

Just like Warframe.

One of Halos selling points was the unmasked Master Chief.

having him to not show his face gave players room to imagine how he looked like, which in turn made him more interesting.

Though I kinda hate how 343 gave a glimpse of Master Chiefs Face.

Those beady distraught eyes.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13