Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno's True Face

Plataras

Except that's Hayden Tenno, who was only ever exposed to the Technocyte. Whether or not our modern Tenno have the Technocyte in us is irrelivant, as we were also exposed to the Void - and because of that we're a WHOLE 'nother animal.

I'll also link this art thread, as the creator agrees with OP's ideas:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/282141-rhino-and-oberon-unmasked-zerojackdaws-art-croutons/

that if those images where what tenno are it would break so much lore they mind as well disconnect dark sector from this game and claim its original lore.

that if those images where what tenno are it would break so much lore they mind as well disconnect dark sector from this game and claim its original lore.

This game and Dark Sector are already so loosely related that they might as well be disconnected.

For all we know that's exactly what tenno look like, it wouldn't break any lore. But either way, we don't know. They can look however you want them to..

Edited by vaugahn

This is what the Tenno looks like:

Haha just kidding.

But seriously this is what the Tenno looks like:

Did you really think I'd show you?

In all honesty, if you really wanna see this... Click that spoiler...

Its funny you keep clicking that expecting a different outcome...

Isn't that called something?

Ahh thats right... Insanity...

You might be insane by now.

Am I right?

Yah your probably insane.

You know... I hear Tennos are insane.

You wanna see what a Tenno really looks like?

This is your Warning...

LAST WARNING!!

strange_faces_funny_wallpaper.jpg

TENNO'D

If Vor is able to stay looking the same traveling through the Void (Pre-Corrupted), then why are the Tenno thought to be mutated? I picture them normal, but with unique Eye colors due to natural Genetic Advancement. 

Because vor's face was messed even before corruption, it cant get any worse than that.

Because vor's face was messed even before corruption, it cant get any worse than that.

Vor's messed up since the Grineer have way, way, way too many generations of modifications/degeneration.

And besides, Vor has his own charm.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

This game and Dark Sector are already so loosely related that they might as well be disconnected.

For all we know that's exactly what tenno look like, it wouldn't break any lore. But either way, we don't know. They can look however you want them to..

thats not true at all not only does the lore of warframe put Hayden Tenno as the patriarch of all Tenno that carry his name sake he is mentioned in game as well not by name but in passing "the first tenno".

see glaive codex

The first warframes that where ever built where in darksector and they where made almost the same way they are made now using infected materials.

see Excalibur codex

Dont forget the lotus symbol being all over darksector.

When it comes to if they are human or not every one forgets the ember primes codex where a soldier describes encountering tenno children. She described them as just children until one of them burned half her face.

Edited by themovement

thats not true at all not only does the lore of warframe put Hayden Tenno as the patriarch of all Tenno that carry his name sake he is mentioned in game as well not by name but in passing "the first tenno".

see glaive codex

The first warframes that where ever built where in darksector and they where made almost the same way they are made now using infected materials.

see Excalibur codex

Dont forget the lotus symbol being all over darksector.

When it comes to if they are human or not every one forgets the ember primes codex where a soldier describes encountering tenno children. She described them as just children until one of them burned half her face.

1. All it says is that he was the first tenno. It doesn't say if the new tenno have changed in any way. Also, Excalibur's lore has the tenno getting their powers from the void, and Hayden Tenno was never in the void.

2. We don't know if the warframes are made out of Technocyte, and we don't know if the armor suit in Dark Sector was a warframe.

3. Something can be visibly a child without being a human child.

In short, it's impossible to know anything. Your guess is as good as mine. We do know that a few frames wouldn't fit a human inside them though.

I'm a proponent of the "Tenno are energy beings" theory. It would explain why one Tenno can inhabit all the different Warframes, male and female, big and small, while still being a single "Tenno."

DE_Steve talked on a devstream a while back about plans to incorporate some sort of leveling system for your Tenno him/her/itself above and beyond the individual frames, which lends itself towards one Tenno wearing multiple frames.

And finally, during the new player intro missions, Vor talks about Tenno not manipulating Warframe energy but being the energy itself.

*drops mic*

We don't know what they would look like. We know they'd be mutated, but we do not know the extent nor the intensity of the mutation itself. It could be something as small as scarring to something as extensive as full-body mutation. Furthermore, it could all be the same or it could be a Tenno-by-Tenno basis, in which each person has a different variation.

It's all up to the imagination of the player, which I like.

As satisfying as it would be to see DE finally have to commit to something as fundamental as what is a Tenno, the story telling power of it remaining a mystery supercedes curiosity

Begrudgingly, I agree with your position

I'm a proponent of the "Tenno are energy beings" theory. It would explain why one Tenno can inhabit all the different Warframes, male and female, big and small, while still being a single "Tenno."

DE_Steve talked on a devstream a while back about plans to incorporate some sort of leveling system for your Tenno him/her/itself above and beyond the individual frames, which lends itself towards one Tenno wearing multiple frames.

And finally, during the new player intro missions, Vor talks about Tenno not manipulating Warframe energy but being the energy itself.

*drops mic*

*picks up mic*

*shreds mic into pieces*

1. All it says is that he was the first tenno. It doesn't say if the new tenno have changed in any way. Also, Excalibur's lore has the tenno getting their powers from the void, and Hayden Tenno was never in the void.

2. We don't know if the warframes are made out of Technocyte, and we don't know if the armor suit in Dark Sector was a warframe.

3. Something can be visibly a child without being a human child.

In short, it's impossible to know anything. Your guess is as good as mine. We do know that a few frames wouldn't fit a human inside them though.

1. the devs already said Hayden Tenno was the first tenno, aside form that we dont know what the void is aside from just its name. Hayden can be the Tenno Patriarch with out having even been in the void all this means is tenno are now more advanced than Hayden.

2. we do know what they are made out of look at the resources used to make one. Also the infested Phorid always taunts with "Why do you destroy us, we are your flesh" which could be talking about both the frame and the tenno inside.(see point 1.)

3. There are no known alien species in the lore as it stands (the sentients never being Identified) and the writer clearly wants you to know they are human, since the human soldier had a simple response you have when you see a child in need. Also If you bothered to read it which clearly you did not, the children where occupants of a human ship that was lost in the void. 

these are not guesses they are based on established lore from in game,codex and devs.

The Warframe Community doesn't believe in metaphor.

The Tenno also don't have eyes. Same for the Lotus.

And the Corpus have milk in their heads... somehow.

And Uncle Ruk is literally our uncle.

1. the devs already said Hayden Tenno was the first tenno, aside form that we dont know what the void is aside from just its name. Hayden can be the Tenno Patriarch with out having even been in the void all this means is tenno are now more advanced than Hayden.

2. we do know what they are made out of look at the resources used to make one. Also the infested Phorid always taunts with "Why do you destroy us, we are your flesh" which could be talking about both the frame and the tenno inside.(see point 1.)

3. There are no known alien species in the lore as it stands (the sentients never being Identified) and the writer clearly wants you to know they are human, since the human soldier had a simple response you have when you see a child in need. Also If you bothered to read it which clearly you did not, the children where occupants of a human ship that was lost in the void. 

these are not guesses they are based on established lore from in game,codex and devs.

I'm not saying that art is correct, I'm just saying it's equally as correct as any other theory. From the lore we have it's impossible to know what the tenno look like, and that's the way I like it.

Edited by vaugahn

*drops mic*

probably the dumbest hypothesis out there that reeks of never reading any codexs or wiki pages. since we bleed in game as well as the lore of the ember prime talking about children returning from the void having the power to burn half a soldiers face and the lore of the Excalibur talking about the people returning from the void being "twisted".

probably the dumbest hypothesis out there that reeks of never reading any codexs or wiki pages. since we bleed in game as well as the lore of the ember prime talking about children returning from the void having the power to burn half a soldiers face and the lore of the Excalibur talking about the people returning from the void being "twisted".

I'd hold off from making any statements of absolute fact in a lore thread. It's literally impossible to know.

And Uncle Ruk is literally our uncle.

I'm not saying that art is correct, I'm just saying it's equally as correct as any other theory. From the lore we have it's impossible to know what the tenno look like, and that's the way I like it.

you have to completely ignore the ember primes codex to come to the conclusion that tenno can look any thing other than human.

I'd hold off from making any statements of absolute fact in a lore thread. It's literally impossible to know.

It's gonna happen anyway. We should know this by now. That's why I like to stick to the Fan Zone or Roleplay sections. A lot less inflammatory or what have you than General Discussion.

lol i just quoted a IN GAME codex entry, that wouldn't be in there if it wasn't established lore.\

why does every one ignore the codex?

You all do know it was put in for just this reason, lore.

Edited by themovement