Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno's True Face

Plataras

If Vor is able to stay looking the same traveling through the Void (Pre-Corrupted), then why are the Tenno thought to be mutated? I picture them normal, but with unique Eye colors due to natural Genetic Advancement. 

But Vor was taken to the Void by the Janus key, the Tenno apparently were taken into the Void in Orokin vessels but were involved in an "accident" of which we have few details

There may be some Tenno who were purposefully exposed to the Void but again we have no details

Therefore, Vor and the Tenno were exposed to Void energy in a different manner, maybe even a different part of the Void entirely

Furthermore, the Void "twisted" the Tenno - again a broad and vague term

It could be said that Vor was definitely twisted as he is even more a megalomaniac than ever

That said, since it is Void energy - or something immaterial - holds the severed ends of Vor together, it is at least possible that the Tenno likewise may have parts of their bodies supplanted with "Void energy"

We will never know.

My idea is that there isn't much left that could be called a face. Little more than a skull covered by dried skin.

Like the face of a mummy maybe. With a lot of bionics.

Cables coming from where they once used to have eyes, connecting the sensors of the suit directly to the brain which enables high speed reaction time.

It's fun to think about it.

Everyone has their own idea. and that's cool.

lol i just quoted a IN GAME codex entry, that wouldn't be in there if it wasn't established lore.\

why does every one ignore the codex?

You all do know it was put in for just this reason, lore.

Because its against the lore they established in their heads. I cant see how you can interprete a statement like they sent children in the void and they got children back to oh wow, they have to be pure energy or at least an AI.

you have to completely ignore the ember primes codex to come to the conclusion that tenno can look any thing other than human.

Ehh, not really. Here's the line you're referencing: " 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.' 'And that is when you violated procedure?' Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'"

Now, they didn't say what kind of children, only that they were children. If they were all void-mutated and horrible looking, they would still be children.

Here's a picture of an evil-lookin' kid I found on google:

168275865_face4_xlarge.jpeg

Still a child, even with the freaky eyes and the weird veins. "Child" is used to denote age, not biological status. Plus, we don't know if the people speaking were human or not. Or anything, really. The lore is much too ambiguous to make any statement of fact about what the tenno are.

From that line we can assume they're probably not energy, but we have no way of knowing if they're exactly human looking, or mutated, or whatever else.

Edited by vaugahn

Ehh, not really. Here's the line you're referencing: " 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.' 'And that is when you violated procedure?' Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'"

Now, they didn't say what kind of children, only that they were children. If they were all void-mutated and horrible looking, they would still be children.

Still a child, even with the freaky eyes and the weird veins. "Child" is used to denote age, not biological status. Plus, we don't know if the people speaking were human or not. Or anything, really. The lore is much too ambiguous to make any statement of fact about what the tenno are.

From that line we can assume they're probably not energy, but we have no way of knowing if they're exactly human looking, or mutated, or whatever else.

If they would have looked like little infested chargers i dont think kaleen would have tried to comfort them. Just my guess. Edited by sp33chle55

I never said they where not changed in some way just not energy beings or completely inhuman as some would conclude. Even if they where changed in such a cosmetic way they are still human not aliens or energy beings.

The sad part is when others start bashing on others that think differently on something that is obviously open-ended. A lot of lore threads end up this way, sadly. The only one I have not seen end up this way is that "Share Your Character" thread.

if some one told you oh your birthday is on the 2nd of may(tenno are energy beings) when your birth certificate(codex) and drivers licence(quotes from in game NPCs) said jun 2nd you cant help but bash the person.

Edited by themovement

if some one told you oh your birthday is on the 2nd of may(tenno are energy beings) when your birth certificate(codex) and drivers licence(quotes from in game NPCs) said jun 2nd you cant help but bash the person.

If the codex was a birth certificate it would say "maybe you were born on june 2nd...maybe you weren't?"

They could really be anything. All we know is that some of them have horrific mutations, and at one point they were recognizably childlike. That's literally all we know.

If the codex was a birth certificate it would say "maybe you were born on june 2nd...maybe you weren't?"

They could really be anything. All we know is that some of them have horrific mutations, and at one point they were recognizably childlike. That's literally all we know.

Not to mention we shouldn't bash anyone for any reason.

Because there is never a good time to be a douchebag.

Yet there still exist theories trying to debunk this. So interpreting is good, disagreeing with facts isnt.Thats what themovement was trying to tell the whole time.

that awkward moment when some one uses reason.

Not to mention we shouldn't bash anyone for any reason.

Because there is never a good time to be a douchebag.

OH! thats debatable!

I dont even know what to say to this...
Edited by themovement

Yet there still exist theories trying to debunk this. So interpreting is good, disagreeing with facts isnt.Thats what themovement was trying to tell the whole time.

that awkward moment when some one uses reason.

OH! thats debatable!

Refer to what Snake said above. Someone give that man a cookie.

Everyone can have whatever theory they want. Considering how open-ended our lore is there's no way anyone can know for sure. If you want to think that the tenno are amorphous blobs of infested flesh squeezed into a suit that's totally fine. If you want to think they all look like supermodels, that's fine too. There's no way to know for sure, and that's the way we like it.

The sad part is when others start bashing on others that think differently on something that is obviously open-ended. A lot of lore threads end up this way, sadly. The only one I have not seen end up this way is that "Share Your Character" thread.

Yup, I've noticed it too, after reading through some of the comments in this thread.

It seems to me that a lot of ideas of what the tenno might - or might not - be are based off on phrases that can be interpreted in various different ways.

What Vor or Alad V said about the Tenno..... metaphorical / lies or not.... the information in their phrases is vague.

People need to stop forcing their ideas on others.

In the end everyone has their own idea. And we'll propably never know exactly who was wrong and who was right. No point in fighting/ raging over it.

Everyone can have whatever theory they want. Considering how open-ended our lore is there's no way anyone can know for sure. If you want to think that the tenno are amorphous blobs of infested flesh squeezed into a suit that's totally fine. If you want to think they all look like supermodels, that's fine too. There's no way to know for sure, and that's the way we like it.

Life isnt that simple. In fact you cant have whatever theory you like. Either youre an author yourself or just insane if u r trying to disprove given facts.

I like other opinions and theories as long as they are plausible. But some just arent. Thats it.

Remember. I totally agree with you on the fact we know nothing about the deformation. But you cant just make up we are ai or pure energy like some of us try.

Edited by sp33chle55

Some of the supermodels happen to have seemingly near-fleshless limbs, tiny heads, no kneecaps, and all sorts of other deformities.

Art director Mynki develops a Tenno for every Warframe. This artwork is not yet released and it is unknown if it ever will be released.

Oh I'd like to see that.  Knowing there's an actual answer, anything I imagine is going to be wrong anyway.