Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno's True Face

Plataras

Some of the supermodels happen to have seemingly near-fleshless limbs, tiny heads, no kneecaps, and all sorts of other deformities.

see void tech for the Liset on warframe wiki, the orokin had the ability to bend space allowing them to make the Lisets interior be bigger than the exterior. 

Logic would dictate they do the same with warframes.

see void tech for the Liset on warframe wiki, the orokin had the ability to bend space allowing them to make the Lisets interior be bigger than the exterior. 

Logic would dictate they do the same with warframes.

The Warframes are actually giant universes. And inside these are more Warframes. And inside those Warframes are more universes.

And so on.

1386271588578.jpg

Yup, I've noticed it too, after reading through some of the comments in this thread.

It seems to me that a lot of ideas of what the tenno might - or might not - be are based off on phrases that can be interpreted in various different ways.

What Vor or Alad V said about the Tenno..... metaphorical / lies or not.... the information in their phrases is vague.

People need to stop forcing their ideas on others.

In the end everyone has their own idea. And we'll propably never know exactly who was wrong and who was right. No point in fighting/ raging over it.

yaya except there ignoring lore in the codex and basic literary technique to draw there own conclusions.

I love how I'm being told I'm ignoring "established lore" even though I never explicitly stated what I believe the Tenno to be. I left my opinion about them out and spoke using general terms in this thread.

Gotta love it.

I think he was talking to me. Or something. 

that if those images where what tenno are it would break so much lore they mind as well disconnect dark sector from this game and claim its original lore.

Really, Warframe IS disconnected from Dark Sector - for the most part. DE's stated that Warframe takes place SOOOO far in the future that the events of Dark Sector have no real bearing on the events of Warframe - even if certain references, i.e. the Proto-Excalibur, Tenno name, and Infested, exist.

I'm gonna bite on that bait.

Which codex entries and literary techniques are we ignoring?

Not to speak on anyone's behalf, but...

when people state, as if it's an established fact, that Tenno were children sent into the void to be warped, they are being PRETTY ignorant concerning Ember Prime's codex entry and it's literary techniques.

edit: meant to say ember, not mag

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

Not to speak on anyone's behalf, but...

when people state, as if it's an established fact, that Tenno were children sent into the void to be warped, they are being PRETTY ignorant concerning Mag Prime's codex entry and it's literary techniques.

From Ember Prime's codex we know at least some of the tenno were childlike at some point. That's really about it though. We don't even know if the ship was in the void, all it says is "The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'"

From Ember Prime's codex we know at least some of the tenno were childlike at some point. That's really about it though. We don't even know if the ship was in the void, all it says is "The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'"

There were children on the ship, but the Orokin never sent children. The crew was nothing but a normal, full crew of adults. Mysteriously, all the adults dissapeared, and the ship was now full of children instead. LOGICALLY, this means that the Orokin had secretly tucked some children into the ship, and the crew just evaporated?

Surely, you must see what this codex entry is really trying to tell you?

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

Aye, but given that we can then draw connections between it being a Tenno codex and Excalibur's then talking about "we took those who had been twisted by the Void" to put inside the Warframes, I think we can state that the fold IS the same as the Void - simply under an earlier name.

As for the "children" - a number of things a possible, from the adults on the ship simply have been eaten by the void/fold to them having been de-aged to children. Personally, both seems fine by me.

There were children on the ship, but the Orokin never sent children. The crew was nothing but a normal, full crew of adults. Mysteriously, all the adults dissapeared, and the ship was now full of children instead. LOGICALLY, this means that the Orokin had secretly tucked some children into the ship, and the crew just evaporated?

Surely, you must see what this codex entry is really trying to tell you?

Or the ship was sent in full of kids without a crew, or the crew somehow became kids. All we know is that there were kids on the ship. I really have no idea XD

Edited by vaugahn

I dont get it either.

Mag primes codex is written by a human soldier not knowing what those tenno are but he has heard of its powers and therefore couldnt trust it. Full of fear with this unknown powerful being inside this metal case. What do you expect, humans always fear what they not know.

And it has nothing to do with embers codex. Embers codex is about a ship getting found with just children left on it. Maybe the adults died in the incident. But where is it written that the crew were 100% adults before the incident?

Edited by sp33chle55

I dont get it either.

Mag primes codex is written by a human soldier not knowing what those tenno are but he has heard of its powers and therefore couldnt trust it. Full of fear with this unknown powerful being inside this metal case. What do you expect, humans always fear what they not know.

Well, assuming the Orokin had the children on heavy-lockdown (keeping their existence a secret from the known system) explains why the soldier didn't know what the Tenno were, and then a slight information leak reaching the ears of the soldiers could have spread like wildfire through both military and civilian sector and quickly become the thing of legends - ESPECIALLY when you're dealing with something a new and unknown as the Void - which, judging by how they still seemed to be losing ships to the Void, not even the people of that time understood how it worked or, maybe, what it really was.

Well, assuming the Orokin had the children on heavy-lockdown (keeping their existence a secret from the known system) explains why the soldier didn't know what the Tenno were, and then a slight information leak reaching the ears of the soldiers could have spread like wildfire through both military and civilian sector and quickly become the thing of legends - ESPECIALLY when you're dealing with something a new and unknown as the Void - which, judging by how they still seemed to be losing ships to the Void, not even the people of that time understood how it worked or, maybe, what it really was.

Yeah, thats what i mean. I just cant follow our partylibrarians argumentation of mysteriously creating children out of adults.

Because he stated that the orokin never sent children to the void which they clearly did reading embers codex.

Edited by sp33chle55

And it has nothing to do with embers codex. Embers codex is about a ship getting found with just children left on it. Maybe the adults died in the incident. But where is it written that the crew were 100% adults before the incident?

" The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.' "

what i meant by ignoring literary technique was the semantics put on the thought that children could mean any children human or not. if you read the Ember Primes codex as a literary piece you can read that the writer wanted you to believe these kids where human tenno not any thing else.

Three figures waited behind a simple table. Their attention on a single chair, bathed in light. An old woman's voice from the shadow: 'Send her in'. Across the room a security officer, stern and plain, opened the door. The outline of a young woman appeared at the door. She hesitated, but only for an instant, then crossed the room and sat.

There was a gasp as the light hit her face. Her right eye was bright and blinking, but her left was a greasy slit. Her skin had been burned moon-white. Her mouth was a sagging gash without lips or expression. Her military beret was pulled snug over a scarred and hairless scalp.

The old voice: 'Your name is Kaleen.' Kaleen nodded. 'You were the principal investigator of the Zariman?' Kaleen's voice was a jagged whisper, a rigid face. 'Yes.'

Kaleen coughed, straightened: 'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'

'And that is when you violated procedure?'

Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

Edited by themovement

" The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.' "

I think that was more of a "you saw nothing, move along" type of thing.