Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno's True Face

Plataras

yaya except there ignoring lore in the codex and basic literary technique to draw there own conclusions.

ugh... leave me out of this.

That much though:

The codex entries as well are subject to interpretation....

example.... Mag prime Lore: the wing subject. It might be actual wings or a metaphor.

Yeah, thats what i mean. I just cant follow our partylibrarians argumentation of mysteriously creating children out of adults.

Because he stated that the orokin never sent children to the void which they clearly did reading embers codex.

Still an argument to be made for that, I think, but the "and the crew were gone?""not really, we found children" DOES seem to point to the idea that they WERE de-aged crewmembers. How Kaleen could tell, I don't know (so maybe that's a point in favor of the argument you present), but he also seems to be suggesting that they were something other than human

if you read the Ember Primes codex in as a literary piece you can read that the writer wanted you to believe these kids where human not any thing else.

To which, maybe I'm misinterpreting him, but that idea is just balloney - if you're dealing with LITERAL, Hellboy-style "demons of the Void," you DON'T just walk up to them (and, if they were some kind of energy being, you would have the same reaction as the demon thing).

It could go both ways, like most things in our lore. It's open to interpretation I guess.

Like I said; literary technique.

If this statement didn't actually mean anything important, why would these professional writers finish of this entry with it? Why would they place something that didn't matter at one of the most important places in a text, in a very valuable snippet of lore?

This statement, in my opinion, means something. The way it's presented, again, heavily suggests that the disappearance of the crew and the appearance of magical children were linked.

Otherwise, it's possible that it could be saying that the Orokin weren't all that nice and trustworthy. It's possible.

I still believe in the transformation theory, though.

Like I said; literary technique.

If this statement didn't actually mean anything important, why would these professional writers finish of this entry with it? Why would they place something that didn't matter at one of the most important places in a text, in a very valuable snippet of lore?

This statement, in my opinion, means something. The way it's presented, again, heavily suggests that the disappearance of the crew and the appearance of magical children were linked.

Otherwise, it's possible that it could be saying that the Orokin weren't all that nice and trustworthy. It's possible.

I still believe in the transformation theory, though.

Well the way I see it, the old woman's cold demeanor and the way Kaleen was being taken away as she asked it frame it as more of an offhand dismissal than any indication of there not being children originally. 

Like I said, it could go either way. One of the awesome things about our lore IMO is that there's many different interpretations that can all be seen as correct.

Still an argument to be made for that, I think, but the "and the crew were gone?""not really, we found children" DOES seem to point to the idea that they WERE de-aged crewmembers. How Kaleen could tell, I don't know (so maybe that's a point in favor of the argument you present), but he also seems to be suggesting that they were something other than human

To which, maybe I'm misinterpreting him, but that idea is just balloney - if you're dealing with LITERAL, Hellboy-style "demons of the Void," you DON'T just walk up to them (and, if they were some kind of energy being, you would have the same reaction as the demon thing).

What if Kaleen didnt have the military rank to know the truth and she got told by her superiors there were only adults on this ship.

Because you cant just send children into something unknown. Cant you?

But you know most adults just die during their exposure to the void.

Could be interpreted either way but how the whole entry is written lets me doubt there werent children before the incident in the first place.

Edited by sp33chle55

What if Kaleen didnt have the military rank to know the truth and she got told by her superiors there were only adults on this ship.

Because you cant just send children into something unknown. Cant you?

But you know most adults just die during their exposure to the void.

Could be interpreted either way but how the whole entry is written lets me doubt there werent children before the incident in the first place.

Definitely an interpretation as well, Kaleen's "not exactly" could have been her mishearing the old woman's previous statement as "and there were no one on board" - a possible and likely human error, given the trauma she's been through. This is the reason I'd say both the "the were always children there" and the "the crew was de-aged" theories BOTH hold up in this court. 

Definitely an interpretation as well, Kaleen's "not exactly" could have been her mishearing the old woman's previous statement as "and there were no one on board" - a possible and likely human error, given the trauma she's been through. This is the reason I'd say both the "the were always children there" and the "the crew was de-aged" theories BOTH hold up in this court.

Might be.

But i somehow get quite attached with those ghost tenno ai theories lately. Lets just stick with this. Yeah. Works just as well.

Sorry... Went a bit far on the sarcasm rail.

Youre right on those interpretations but looking at the whole picture i cant imagine how desperate the orokin were being faced with the end of their reign.

Edited by sp33chle55

Has anyone considered that time may pass differently for ships lost in the fold and maybe the children came to be on the ship in the normal fashion?  Maybe the crew, lost and unsure how long for or if they'd ever return home, started families.  'But then what happened to the crew?' I hear you cry.  Well, given what happened to Kahleen I imagine they all died painfully at the hands of their own void-born children who, lacking warframes, could not control their destructive power.

PS:  A couple of things threads like this always make me want to say: 1) Tenno bleeding in game doesn't prove much when MOAs can bleed.  2) Dark Sector lore is not canon because it was changed by producers.  Warframe follows from the original concept, not the released game.  Much like how Dragonball and Monkey are both based on Journey to the West but are not the same.  3)  Tenno is plural of Tenno.  Any reference to 'your Tenno'  made by devs may or may not be talking about multiple characters.

Edited by Katinka

Might be.

But i somehow get quite attached with those ghost tenno ai theories lately. Lets just stick with this. Yeah. Works just as well.

Sorry... Went a bit far on the sarcasm rail.

Youre right on those interpretations but looking at the whole picture i cant imagine how desperate the orokin were being faced with the end of their reign.

Well, I think a lot of people like to assume that the timeline is:

Sentients attack Orokin, Orokin start losing BADLY

Orokin get desperate, toss people into the Void

Tenno are created from those guys tossed into the Void

Tenno wage war, eventually (after many years?) the Sentients are killed.

Byebye, Orokin.

When it really seems to be more of

Orokin are ruling, happy and all, do things with the Void, ship gets lost and shows back up.

There are kids on the ship, these kids are Tenno, they get hid away and studied.

Many years later...

More years (just to be clear on a passage of time)

Orokin get desperate, look back at the Tenno (now adults) the Void produced and say "god, I HOPE these guys can save us" - give them Warframes and turn them into soldiers.

Byebye, Orokin

In short: I get the feeling people assume these events happened one right after the other (compressing the timespan into something very narrow and quick), when it more or less seems that they happened with some time in between.

I genuinely hope they are never released. Part of the strength of Warframe is having the Tenno/Warframes act as blank slates. Blank slates for the players to write whatever they want. Their own appearances, their own personalities, their own background and backstories. Their own lore.

It works really well, and I hope it stays this way. 

I like thinking of my Loki as being me. I am the tenno with in the suit. Loki should never have a true character it is just a suit. But I do think the Primes had different people with in them, but the regular suits suppose to be us.

In short: I get the feeling people assume these events happened one right after the other (compressing the timespan into something very narrow and quick), when it more or less seems that they happened with some time in between.

Yup, there has to have been time for all the previous failed attempts to take on the Sentients.  All the escalating levels of weapon tech that keeps getting turned against them eventually leading to the use of 'zero-tech' soldiers.

Well, I think a lot of people like to assume that the timeline is:

Orokin get desperate, toss people into the Void

Tenno are created from those guys tossed into the Void

Byebye, Orokin.

When it really seems to be more of

Orokin are ruling, happy and all, do things with the Void, ship gets lost and shows back up.

There are kids on the ship, these kids are Tenno, they get hid away and studied.

Many years later...

More years (just to be clear on a passage of time)

Orokin get desperate, look back at the Tenno (now adults) the Void produced and say "god, I HOPE these guys can save us" - give them Warframes and turn them into soldiers.

Byebye, Orokin

The exact timespan isnt given. But the orokin firstly turned to the void to produce killing machines on purpose was after starting to lose the war with the sentients. They knew that it exists.

As written in the codex.

In our desperation we turned to the void.

And that happened after their normal technology got turned against them and they thought they lost the war.

I think the zariman was the first ship to produce void humans on purpose. Because you cant win a war with just the few you have from accidents in the past. But they clearly knew what could happen to you if you get exposed to the void.

Your timeline makes also perfect sense.

Edited by sp33chle55

Well, we know that the Tenno are Orokin who somehow survived the side-effects of the Void. Judging by their motives, they seem pretty cold and near emotionless, too (killing first, questions later, hmmm?).

I imagine them as human looking, with pale skin, and golden irises.

If that is what you believe they look like, than all the power to you. Unless we get conclusive evidence proving otherwise, your belief is as good as anyone else's.

Well, we know that the Tenno are Orokin who somehow survived the side-effects of the Void. Judging by their motives, they seem pretty cold and near emotionless, too (killing first, questions later, hmmm?).

I imagine them as human looking, with pale skin, and golden irises. 

My idea of them is quite similar, though in my mind they're not all pale, in fact, they've (mostly) kept their natural skin color, even though their bodies might have changed a bit (for example the buff body of Rhino and the skinny ones of Nekros and Oberon). They might even have some sort of minor, harmless mutations, like minor ice-looking crystal formations on Frost's body and face. HEK, for all we know they might have glowing marks on their bodies as well :D

They also kept their hair, but it's changed to something that illuminates a faint glow and now comes in many other natural colors.

Also their irises are not only be golden, but amber, blue and whichever other color you might think as well, but they also have that magical faint glow.

I always thought Tenno would look like the person we rescue in Rescue missions. She runs like a Tenno, handles guns like a Tenno... Heck I think she's a Tenno, but then again I don't know much about this stuff. I mean, for me it would make more sense if a Tenno looks like the prisoner, and uses Warframes as exoskeletons, just combat wear. Kinda like Titans in TitanFall.