The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pyrana Is A Crit Shotty?

Zero.No.Hikari

I may be blind but I just noticed Pyrana has a 20% crit rate with a 2.0 multi either that or something my my stats screen is wrong reloaded game twice to check and yep 20% with a 2.0x welp guess it was either ninja buffed or I have a rare Pyrana either way I am not stuck either going Full Hybrid or sticking to just elementals like I was thinking originally

I'm debating if the crit damage mod is worth it on Pyrana. It's only +60%. Crit chance mod is definitely worth it in my opinion.

That there is my Dilema given the fact that Shotty crits are counted per pellet it just begs to be given crit mods but then where do I put the stuff to boost it's utility

Dream build

Realisticly better build due to CC

Now if only we had say 2 more mod slots it'd be perfect but nope 8 slots is all we get.

Also the Builder seems to be off on the Crit chance and Crit Multi

It should read 40-ish% with about 4.0x on the one with Hollow Point

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

I actually put 4 forma in it just out of nothing else to play with.  It should be tiny bit better than Detron now. 

I did some math and this is still optimal build  - 13934 average sustained  DPS (elements are out of order just for damage numbers)

2vvlx79.jpg

Crit build would be insignificantly better 14023 DPS but with annoying 2 sec long reload, but good for headshots if can get point-blank

2l5rgn.jpg

hybrid build with crit chance+reload speed 13050 DPS

2r2x27t.jpg

Edited by Monolake

Yeah that's why I feel kinda sad that the limitations we get with so little mod slots though why not add Punch-Through it may not add damage but it means you don't have to waste more shots on a group of enemies. that and I find the reload acceptable when compared to say the current Vulkar and Snipetron Vanilla reloads.  Same with magazine size, then again that's prolly preferences.

There is not even a single pistol that would justify a critical build.

Because using those mods would imply to lose too much damage.

The basis would be 3.0x|30% OR 2.0x|40%. Under those stats it would be fruitless.

Anyway, that's my opinion of course.

Defiently worth a crit build, due to it being per pellet and shotguns fire like 20 pellets with multishot, you are garrenteed to crit every shot with base crit.

With a crit upgrade you are garrenteed to crit for every half of your shot.

SHOTGUN LOVE HYPE!