Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'overriding' Abilities And Teammates

Cray

Certain abilities, chiefly Switch Teleport and Rip Line, are capable of overriding a teammate's current actions. This is all well and good when used properly (pull your buddy away from certain death), but unfortunately, they're sometimes abused.

Just today, I was in a squad with a loki who went around using switch teleport on everyone else. I did my best to work around him, but the other two members of the squad were understandably &!$$ed. One of them even left mid-mission.

I feel there needs to be a way to block individual players from using such abilties on yourself. Similar to how you can mute them.

This way, people who use the abilities properly can help their team out, while those who don't are left high and dry.

Edited by theclinton
removed username

I usually get that sort of thing when I'm waiting at extraction. Someone'll pull me/teleport me off of extraction and then go there/take my place. Nowadays, whenever that happens, I just start running erratically away from extraction and out of sight, so they cannot use the skill to get me back to extraction and make them wait the minute countdown. Then leave the squad after extraction.

Switch Teleport is a neat skill to have and I wish it wasn't usable on teammates considering the fact I've NEVER seen it used to save a life or coordinated for an attack. I've only had my position randomly switched for no apparent reason outside of the random Loki wanting to get into battle? I dunno. It's terrible when you're in the middle of casting your 4th ability and all of a sudden the battle is gone and your ability goes to waste.  With that in mind, it wouldn't hurt it to be taken away from teammates.

I'm still working on making the best use of my Loki as I can. I rarely use the ST, usually on enemies, mainly for practice. I used it last night on somebody running the opposite direction of me so it got us both to where we wanted to go faster. I also got nailed by another Loki's ST when I was standing on a random box  next to the pod shooting at enemies. No need for it, just something he did for whatever reason when he was 10 feet from me. So yeah, it needs to not be usable on teammates.

I think its intent and idea are great, just too abuseable. 

I think its intent and idea are great, just too abuseable. 

Yeah, I completely agree with you there.

I have used Switch Teleport to travel between interception control points quickly and remove enemies from the consoles at the same time.

Also used Switch Teleport to move a bleedout teammate to a safe location while a Decoy runs interference where the bleedout teammate originally was before the Switch Teleport.

But I have only seen less than five or so Loki players use it for non-troll purposes so I agree it is too easy to abuse..

However, I'd much rather the OP's mute style function be implemented rather than outright removing usage on teammates.

Edited by Yopee

I feel there needs to be a way to block individual players from using such abilties on yourself. Similar to how you can mute them.

This way, people who use the abilities properly can help their team out, while those who don't are left high and dry.

The block should be persistent too. As in, relogging, or completing a mission won't reset it. It stays until the player manually unblocks the other player. That way if you're ever in a squad with them again, you won't have to redo the block each time.