[DE]Drew

Psa: Weapon Changes (Sniper Rifles & Launchers)

The castanas got hit pretty badly. And they are not even launchers. They are high attackspeed, fast reload weapons. And deal 100 base damage. So please dont nerf them. Doesnt make sense just cause they do AoE damage.

Edited by Detheroc
  • Upvote 5

*snip*

I'm hard-pressed to call the "scope" on the Vectis a "scope"... It seems like a hardly adequate crosshair, being that the center dot is huge... and looks the same as the Codex Scanner...

• Upvote 2

The sniper buffs are appreciated, but i would like to see them doing consistent damage, like bows. 100% crit chance please. Or remove crits on them and let them deal a higher multiplier on weakspot hits than other weapons. Its just the same as split chamber again.

Edited by Detheroc
  • Upvote 1

are you guys just being rolls or unable to read the update? snipetron aswell as miter will be reballanced/buffed aswell

Funny thing is I quoted it twice between their "what about the Snipetron" posts :P

I was hoping the Snipetron V. would get some help as it is my favorite.  Glad to hear it wasn't left out :D   

Tenno,

A coming Update (likely next week’s PC update - August 13th) will include some important weapon changes for the Grakata, various launcher weapons, and sniper rifles. The ammo capacity of most launcher style weapons will be reduced to bring them more in line with what is appropriate for heavy weapons. The damage on sniper rifles will been increased to make them more rewarding to use, and the Grakata will have its ammo capacity increased. Specific details can be found below.

Grakata

-Ammo capacity increased from 675 to 750.

Angstrum

-Ammo capacity reduced from 210 to 21.

Castanas

- Ammo capacity reduced from 210 to 30.

Ogris

-Ammo capacity reduced from 540 to 20.

Torid

- Ammo capacity reduced from 540 to 20.

Penta

-Ammo capacity reduced from 540 to 20.

Lanka

Normal Attack

-Damage increased from 50 to 100.

-Critical multiplier increased from 1.5x to 2x.

Charged Attack

-Damage increased from 250 to 300.

-Critical chance increased from 20% to 25%.

Vectis

- Damage increased from 175 to 225.

- Proc chance increased from 5% to 30%.

- Reload time reduced from 1 to .85 of a second.

Vulkar

- Damage increased from 145 to 200.

- Clip size increased from 4 to 6.

- Critical multiplier increased from 1.5x to 2x.

- Reload time reduced from 4 to 3 seconds. 

___

09/08/2014 Update: Just a quick update from dev on some of the points being raised in this thread:

More work to come, you've all raised good points. The Torid will get an additional pass to bring it up to 'launcher' par. The Snipetron family will be reviewed, as well as the Miter. 

As we make our way through these posts and the threads they link to, we will see what else is to come in this batch of balance passes! 

I love how Rebecca edited his post

We know who really has the power in DE

The castana are like kunai. I would think it be easier to carry more of them. Like the equal to that of most kunai, and shuriken weapons. I honestly don't think it belongs on the list of items that should be reduced at all due to how small they are. Maybe not just increase the ammo of Grakata, but increase its magazine, by maybe 10 more bullets or maybe more then that. Maybe even increase reload speed. It can go a long way. I mean it does rely heavily on critical damage, and we tend to blow that rifle away in a small period of time before it can really gain use.

• Upvote 1

I wonder why not nerf "soma/boltor prime" too , everybody always picks up these as best weapon and no drawback at all. Ogris/Penta always come with high gain, high loss.

Edited by ToKeSia
  • Upvote 3

DE Rebecca, I don't know if you really are a Grakata fan, but we think you are. Anyways, if so please explain to the weapons balancing team the real problem with the Grakata is not the ammo pool but the ammo pickup. The Grakata needs 2x ammo pickup. It should get two time the ammo on every pickup. This would help a lot! Thanks

One thing one could consider is linking the amount of ammo you get in a single pickup to that weapon's maximum ammo pool (With obvious adjustments for certain weapons). Payday 2 does this to great effect, and to an extent, it's already implemented in Warframe (Sniper ammo replenishes less rounds, but the sniper max ammo pool is also smaller).

This would mean that the Grakata, having, say, 50% more max ammo than most rifles, would get 50% more ammo from a single pickup, for instance.

Edited by SilentCynic
  • Upvote 4

What about the angstrum it is a bit of an ammo muncher limiting its ammo is cool and all but you guys kinda over did it with the angstum because all the other launchers dont offer the chane of using all 7 rounds all at once 

• Upvote 4

Grakata

-Ammo capacity increased from 675 to 750. Good

Angstrum

-Ammo capacity reduced from 210 to 21. Bad -- 60 = 20 charged shots

Castanas

- Ammo capacity reduced from 210 to 30. Bad -- 60

Ogris

-Ammo capacity reduced from 540 to 20. Bad: 30

Torid

- Ammo capacity reduced from 540 to 20. ?

Penta

-Ammo capacity reduced from 540 to 20. Bad: 50 = 10 full shots

Lanka

Normal Attack

-Damage increased from 50 to 100.

-Bolt explodes on impact

Charged Attack

-Damage increased from 250 to 300. .....150 puncture / 150 heat - "Corpus kill Grineer theme"

-Bolts does not explode

-Critical chance increased from 20% to 25%. Good

-Explosion radius double with a crit.

-Critical multiplier increased from 1.5x to 2x. Good

-2x flight speed on charge

Vectis

- Damage increased from 175 to 225. Good

- Proc chance increased from 5% to 30%. Bad: Increase crit chance to 50%

- Reload time reduced from 1 to .85 of a second. Good: .85 is a good penalty for a 1 shot kill weapon

Role: powerful 1 hitter, long range sniper, long zom

Vulkar

- Damage increased from 145 to 200. Good

- Clip size increased from 4 to 6.         Good multiple shots

- Critical multiplier increased from 1.5x to 2x. Good

- Reload time reduced from 4 to 3 seconds. 

Crit chance should be 35 %

- Role: medium damage, medium sniper, with medium magazine size, medium range sniper, medium zoom scope

Snipetron

- Damage 100

- Clip size 12

- Critical multiplier 2x

- Reload time 2 secs

- Crit chance 35%

- zoom 1.5

Role: low damage high fire rate sniper rifle, low to med range, low zoom scope

Snipetron Vandal

- Damage 125

- Clip size 15

- Critical multiplier 2x

- Crit chance 50%

- zoom 1.5

Role: low damage high firerate sniper rifle with increased magazine size

Edited by OrphanMaker

Just a quick update from dev on some of the points being raised in this thread:

More work to come, you've all raised good points. The Torid will get an additional pass to bring it up to 'launcher' par. The Snipetron family will be reviewed, as well as the Miter. 

As we make our way through these posts and the threads they link to, we will see what else is to come in this batch of balance passes! 

How did the Torid make it through the first pass?

Im not saying that you need to play the game 24/7 but you should at least load up these weapons that are going to be balanced and test them out in in-game conditions in several different scenarios to see what the weapon is and how it works.

The Angstrum should get another pass as well because it's secondary eats up one whole clip which means you can end up empty after firing a few charged shots. Lower the damage to balance it if you need to. The Penta also falls into this category becase of it alternate fire denota option which promotes the use of launching several grenades to detonate later. With the small ammo pool the detonate option will just be use when firing single shots, the Penta can survive like this but it's other use will be basically erased.

well now im happy that i just finished formaing my penta castana and my torid... nice to see all that time and formas go to waste...

well back to my paris P i guess :)

• Upvote 4

As someone who uses snipers fairly often, I'm only partially ok with these changes.

Base damage boost, reload speed etc. are all fine but why would I use a sniper instead of a bow with good base damage and a 100% crit. chance when modded?

Some might argue that snipers are easier to use due to hitscan projectiles, but they also lack any sort of crowd control (except the Lanka), which bows have due to them having innate punch through on a full charge.

My proposed change for snipers would be to make them the counterpart of the bows, dealing massive additional damage on weakspots (additional critical damage/chance on weakspot hit?) alongside a base crit. chance boost so they can reach 100% and above when modded like bows do.

Also, Snipetron love?

The problem is that crit mods heavily favor weapons that already have very high innate crit. If critical hit mods were changed to an added percentage instead of a multiplier they would be useful across all weapons instead of a very specific niche. Say +30% on top of what the weapon innately has. 

• Upvote 2

Acrid + the old status mods please.

• Upvote 2

would suggest for lunchers maybe arround 30 to 50 cause with the limit of 20 they never get used outside of def again in any case.

and after sniper rifle buffs WHATS ABOUT MY SNIPETRON VANDAL Q.Q he needs also some love dang it v.v

• Upvote 3

if the torrid is gonna get an ammo nerf i hope they give a damage buff :/

the only way i can really even deal any damage is if i spam with mirage

• Upvote 1

Here are some thoughts on older weapons that could or should receive adjustments.

Akzani - Change to slash-heavy instead of puncture, increase proc rate

Spectra and Flux Rifle - Improve damage, proc rate, and add 'overheat' damage.

Strun Rework

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/235472-strun-rework-request/

What I propose, at least with the Supra, to differentiate it mechanically from the Soma and Gorgon, is to add a few of these particular properties (not all, mind you, but some). This combination of possible changes for the Supra is a conglomerate of various ideas I had pulled from the community, and some of my own.

The Super Supra
-High power capacitor-operated (I.E. Bottomless magazine with overheat function)
-RoF starts off high, but decelerates over time to reduce damage dealt to the weapon's internal systems. Becomes more accurate with sustained firing. Does not overheat to where the weapon will not fire, but DPS is hindered.
-Holding the reload button will cool the weapon off through the side vents and bring its RoF up to full speed.
-Each bolt has a tiny blast radius from which electricity can arc from about 1.2-2.4 meters.
-The plasma bolts fired from the weapon are as fast as a Dera's plasma bolts
-Damage increased overall, by about 40%

Edited by Vaskadar

with grakata's pool being 750, does this mean that you guys are finally going to start making more SMG's?! : DDDDDDDD

SMGs need their own class.

Akzani - Change to slash-heavy instead of puncture, increase proc rate

Spectra and Flux Rifle - Improve damage, proc rate, and add 'overheat' damage.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/235472-strun-rework-request/

What I propose, at least with the Supra, to differentiate it mechanically from the Soma and Gorgon, is to add a few of these particular properties (not all, mind you, but some). This combination of possible changes for the Supra is a conglomerate of various ideas I had pulled from the community, and some of my own.

The Super Supra

-High power capacitor-operated (I.E. Bottomless magazine with overheat function)

-RoF starts off high, but decelerates over time to reduce damage dealt to the weapon's internal systems. Becomes more accurate with sustained firing. Does not overheat to where the weapon will not fire, but DPS is hindered.

-Holding the reload button will cool the weapon off through the side vents and bring its RoF up to full speed.

-Each bolt has a tiny blast radius from which electricity can arc from about 1.2-2.4 meters.

-The plasma bolts fired from the weapon are as fast as a Dera's plasma bolts

-Damage increased overall, by about 40%

No akzani needs to stay puncture. The akstilletos or furis need to change to slash.

Overheat functions should be saved for another day! There should be weapons designed for that feature. Adding it to existing weapons not designed for it will cause a lot of problems and may potentially break what we have.

Edited by OrphanMaker
  • Upvote 2