[DE]Drew

Psa: Weapon Changes (Sniper Rifles & Launchers)

Vulkar

- Damage increased from 145 to 200.

- Clip size increased from 4 to 6.

- Critical multiplier increased from 1.5x to 2x.

- Reload time reduced from 4 to 3 seconds. 

you cant make the vulkar be good just retire the thing so no one ever has to go through the trouble lvl'n it to 30, it's just that bad

another thing dont just mess some secondaries ammo caps while ignoring others you went full out and gave those akazamie or what ever a 500 rounds of spare ammo and didn't even bother with all the other smg type weapons because we all know all the weapons you just listed are never gonna see the light of Uranus again and just become mastery fodder. at least give us something to forward to not just the forsaken despair of our endgame weapons many of us had potatoed and forma'd many times over

Edited by Edontsu

NO!!!! my angstrum!!!! potayo'd it and every thing  but the angstrum was totally over nerfed with the ability to waste your entire clip in one shot this went from endgame to i dont even know yet youll run out of ammo so fast now :(

• Upvote 4

Finally fixed the ammo situation for Launchers, now spammers have to actually play the game! EXCELLENT!

P.S.

Hello?... Mcfly(DE)?

What about Snipertron, Snipertron Vandal?

Earth to Mcfly(DE)?

What about Snipertron, Snipertron Vandal?

• Upvote 7

AS usual a bunch of whiners got a bunch of stuff nerfed. You had good characters then nerfed them and now you nerf the weapons. Not being any fun anymore. The game is going down, down , down.

• Upvote 7

now spammers have to actually loot ammo every wave.

Fixed.

Edited by Shifted
  • Upvote 6

Why nerf Torid ammo when it's already a really bad weapon?

I understand the other explosives, but Torid? Really now?

Edit: Also, what about snipetron and vandal variant? I know they are retired weapons but snipetron is still technically waiting for another day to come out of the vault.

Edited by Sarmon
  • Upvote 10

Also I think the ammo changes are cool although 20 ammo for a grenade launcher sounds a little low

• Upvote 7

Penta should go up to 30-35 and Angstrum should probly be around 50.  But of course, as long as the complainers are happy, everyone is happy, right?

Also, what about my Snipetron Vandal?  Y'didn't note a damage buff for that, which is disappointing.

Edit:Also, really?  Buff Torid before you nerf it even more, please.

Edited by UFOLoche
  • Upvote 14

Well, I saw the ammo nerf coming for all the explosive weapons long ago, but the Torid was really unexpected. In all honesty Torid needs a buff if you're going to nerf it's ammo capacity like that.

Also, why isn't Snipetron/Snipetron Vandal buffs on there? They need love too!

• Upvote 11

Praise the lard, this day has finally come.

Don't forget about the good ol Snipetron line of head penetration products tho!

The ammo nerf for the Torid makes sense numerically speaking - and is in line with the others - but the Torid already needed major buffs in other areas like damage, radius, fire rate, trajectory, and so on. Hopefully the Torid isn't off the table just yet.

Everything else I approve of.

• Upvote 10

Some of these nerfs are TOO hard.

Ogris to 20... will be a pain, but it's a powerful weapon, it's understandable.

Torid... requires you to use way more ammo than an Ogris, 20 is... a huge handicap, 50 would be more apropriate

Penta... same deal, If you detonate one projectile mid-air like a grenade launcher, not so bad if you're willing to run around and pick up ammo, but if you want to use it minelayer style, you fire 4 times and you're out of ammo.

I can't comment on the angstrum, I tried to farm Argon for it for 2 whole weeks, during which time I receaved a grand total of 0 Argon, so... F*** that S#&$.

and the Castanas... Also sounds too harsh.

No, I am not saying "Do not nerf them", I'm just saying, the numbers don't make a lot of sense.

You've nerfed most to 10%, I'm sugesting you try 20-25% instead.

• Upvote 6

This is VERY nice specially the reduction of launchers's ammo, it is annoying and nonsense as it is now, this is definitely a great improvement, the only one i'm concerned about though is the Torid, we all know it isn't in the same top tier as Ogris and Penta, not that it should be, but it needs some tweaks, maybe a bigger cloud, not necesarily for higher damage, but for higher utility.

• Upvote 2

Torid will need one helluva damage buff to justify that ammo nerf. It was always underpowered, then it stopped being affected by Firestorm, and now this. Why repeatedly nerf a weapon that was never good? Buff it up, give it a chance. They already went through the work of giving it an unique model, may as well make it strong so we can enjoy it in late game.

• Upvote 8

Guest Tehnoobshow

Snipetron didn't fit with the lore, and I doubt it's coming out of the vault at all, so that's probably why they didn't buff it. But at least the SVandal should still be on par with the ol' fishin' rod. The Torid needs a serious buff (double damage and actual DoT) if it's going to have its ammo nerfed like this. I'm kinda surprised why the Stug didn't get nerfed though. Isn't it a launcher as well?

• Upvote 4

Looking forward to the Sniper buffs like many others, and I'm pretty ok with most of the launcher changes.

Mainly the two that come to mind are the Torid, and Angstrum.

Torid; I'd like to simply echo the thoughts put out by the rest of the thread; though I can see why it was nerfed for consistency.

Angstrum should have a slightly larger reserve considering the way the weapon is designed. Several have modded for increased clip size, and could easily go through their reserve in less than 4 bursts. A small increase in reserve would be appreciated.

• Upvote 5

Hey, as far as the Snipers go, what about the Snipetron/Snipetron Vandal hmm?

I feel the same way, they are more or less obsolete as they were banished for lore reasons but keeping it in line with the other snipers would be nice for those that have them.  Otherwise there will be no point in using them which will be a little sad ):

I like the launcher changes, as someone who owns a 5 forma'd ogris and angstrum along with a 3 forma  set of castanas I think this was completely necessary.  The Torid needs one heck of a buff if it's going to be useful at all though with the low ammo.  Even with mirage using max power clones and eclipse in daylight spamming shots it's still impractical.  Enemies just aren't phased as they walk through the clouds.

• Upvote 1

Why not bring it up to 40 for explosives/launchers, even 80 for primaries? Considering that 1)That's still less than 20% of the current capacity, 2) Angstum consumes large amounts of ammo on charge, and 3) low mags on all of these weapons, 20% of current capacity should be a sufficient nerf. 20 and 30 is overkill.

• Upvote 7

I think it's great that launchers are finally receiving an ammo nerf.

I think it's absolutely awful that they're getting run into the ground like this.  The nerfed caps seem overly low as a whole, but the Angstrum and Torid seem especially screwed in this deal.  As is, the Torid underperforms - it doesn't need to underperform and run out of ammo constantly.  One of the Angstrum's major selling points is the charged burst (and one of the more entertaining builds involves expanding your magazine to create a larger salvo); when the charge expends such a large amount of your diminishingly low max ammo, who's going to really use it anymore?  It seems like such a waste.

Also, what's with the lack of a buff for the Snipetrons?  I know they aren't exactly in circulation in a major way right now, but players still own and use them.  It seems silly to buff sniper rifles and leave out the one that started it all.

Edited by Wriith
  • Upvote 9

Snipetron didn't fit with the lore, and I doubt it's coming out of the vault at all, so that's probably why they didn't buff it. But at least the SVandal should still be on par with the ol' fishin' rod. The Torid needs a serious buff (double damage and actual DoT) if it's going to have its ammo nerfed like this. I'm kinda surprised why the Stug didn't get nerfed though. Isn't it a launcher as well?

That doesn't make sense to me man, I earned that weapon, and this update is doing nothing but kicking me while I'm on the metaphorical ground.  Why is it that nerfing event/vault weapons is ok, but buffing them is out of the question? 

I do agree on the Torid, though.  And listening to everyone else, I do think 20% of the current ammo max would be fine for most explosives.

Edit:Actually, this is a good point: Why are the nerfs always so extreme?  Why can't it be gradual?  Why punish everyone that farmed or even BOUGHT the weapon just because some people don't like them?  Can I get a nerf on Valkyr's ripline because I find it annoying when it's used on me?  Or the Phage because I think it looks silly?

Edited by UFOLoche
  • Upvote 14

Guest Tehnoobshow

That doesn't make sense to me man, I earned that weapon, and this update is doing nothing but kicking me while I'm on the metaphorical ground.  Why is it that nerfing event/vault weapons is ok, but buffing them is out of the question? 

I do agree on the Torid, though.  And listening to everyone else, I do think 20% of the current ammo max would be fine for most explosives.

Because it's a Corpus weapon but it doesn't shoot plasma. Hey, I don't know what's going on in Scott's mind!