Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decreased Xp Bug/nerf - Why Hasn't De Commented On It?

ArgonTheFox

There has been a total of 17 hotfixes since the Decreased XP bug was reported, and although I never saw it myself, ive heard from other players that it was placed on the list in the U14 bugs thread, however, it isn't there now, so have DE just removed it, trying to pretend its an intentional nerf or something?

and if it is an intentional nerf, its way too harsh. For people who can't play for hours upon hours per day, levelling a weapon, like myself, its literally nulling the amount of progression we make ingame. I gain 2 levels a day on whatever weapon im levelling, then I have to go off because I have other obligations.

I really feel like this bug/nerf has turned what was a casual F2P game into some hardcore time sink, that literally cannot be fulfilled. Its fair enough nerfing the XP gain so the players who do have time to sink their entire day into grinding don't obliterate the game, then start begging for new content, but its unfair on players who do have obligations on the outside world, as taboo as it might seem.

Also, Megan described this as an "issue" on the initial thread, which I wrote out of the sheer anger immediately after U14's release, but rather then necro'ing that thread, i'd rather do something more structured, hence, less abusive thread now exists. Not angry any more, just jaded, and depressed, because I look at my Arsenal, and since U14, ive only gotten 2 weapons to 30, because it just takes so long now.

But considering this was described as an "issue" indicates it is a genuine bug, so im a bit perplexed towards why nobody has bug fixed it, or commented on it from DE concerning why its taking so long to bug fix.

If anyone can offer screenshots(thank you Witchhammer) of this decreased mission XP issue with a detailed report of their findings it would be greatly appreciated!

*Edited title for clarity. 

Discuss. Has anyone found any more information on this matter? Numbers are always nice. Or has anyone caught wind of anyone from DE or anyone else remotely important commenting on/acknowledging this?

Edited by ArgonTheFox

They acknowledged people saying this but I guess it needs stronger proof because I doubt this was intentional. If it is a mistake this kind of bug would be very hard to fix without breaking 100 other things due to its complexity, a simple buff to the XP rate might have different reactions :/

Is there any number proof of a nerf? Enemies giving decreased affinity, or affinity being 'lost'?

I don't have any exact numbers, however, I have seen numbers thrown around, I just don't have any I can quote at the moment. I have heard people speak of Eximus mobs previously giving upwards of 1k+ XP, but now its only in the hundreds, and the XP ive been receiving is noticeably lower. Ill try and grab some screenshots from a few missions of my XP gain.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

I don't have any exact numbers, however, I have seen numbers thrown around, I just don't have any I can quote at the moment. I have heard people speak of Eximus mobs previously giving upwards of 1k+ XP, but now its only in the hundreds, and the XP ive been receiving is noticeably lower. Ill try and grab some screenshots from a few missions of my XP gain.

Some Eximi screenshots of affinity gain would be good. Keep in mind that some give less than others. 

Lancer eximi only give a few hundred, yet Heavy Gunners can be in the thousands.

yes it has been nerfed but to be honest it barely affects the current gameplay and xp gain tactics of the majority

there are many other topics similar to this.....but the fact that people are still able to rank up their weapons fast makes it somewhat of an obsolete issue

i still believe that it is extremely easy to rank up items as opposed to what it used to be back in U8, U9, and U10

zEqXMF0.jpg

vR1uiB3.jpg

4 person Sechura until Wave 5.

I swear this game is trying to rig me. I always get under 5k xp per game on Sechura, now its just magically produced a 36k XP gain from nowhere, it doesn't make sense. Its still by no means a good XP gain, but its always lower then that.

Also, the image of the XP drop is from an Infested Charger Eximus on Sechura Wave 5.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

4 person Sechura until Wave 5.

I swear this game is trying to rig me. I always get under 5k xp per game on Sechura, now its just magically produced a 36k XP gain from nowhere, it doesn't make sense. Its still by no means a good XP gain, but its always lower then that.

Also, the image of the XP drop is from an Infested Charger Eximus on Sechura Wave 5.

The eximus affinity doesn't look out of place. I'm surprised you managed over 30k affinity in 5 waves...

You feel it, well atleast for me. Might be somehting else we are missing here, maybe enemies feed out xp and steals it? Well, a comparison on a game I did.Lets say xini, 100k /+bonus before u14 after x amount of waves. These days On x amount of waves gives around 50k /+bonus xp. It might be nothing, it might be something. But there was a change indeed. And you will feel it using affinity booster or not. Preparing for focus? 

Yeah, after the Breeding Grounds event, Eximus Infested started giving affinity numbers in the thousands, while other faction Eximus units remained the same. Then, after U14, Infested Eximus still give ~1500 affinity, while other Eximus give maybe one or two affinity points above their normal counterparts.

Go into a mission you can complete with no killing required like a sabotage (I forgot if they are in the game still), and kill 1 enemy, then write down any bonus exp. I would do it but I can't get online. 

Edited by Kokokeru

There has been a total of 17 hotfixes since the Decreased XP bug was reported, and although I never saw it myself, ive heard from other players that it was placed on the list in the U14 bugs thread, however, it isn't there now, so have DE just removed it, trying to pretend its an intentional nerf or something?

and if it is an intentional nerf, its way too harsh. For people who can't play for hours upon hours per day, levelling a weapon, like myself, its literally nulling the amount of progression we make ingame. I gain 2 levels a day on whatever weapon im levelling, then I have to go off because I have other obligations.

I really feel like this bug/nerf has turned what was a casual F2P game into some hardcore time sink, that literally cannot be fulfilled. Its fair enough nerfing the XP gain so the players who do have time to sink their entire day into grinding don't obliterate the game, then start begging for new content, but its unfair on players who do have obligations on the outside world, as taboo as it might seem.

Also, Megan described this as an "issue" on the initial thread, which I wrote out of the sheer anger immediately after U14's release, but rather then necro'ing that thread, i'd rather do something more structured, hence, less abusive thread now exists. Not angry any more, just jaded, and depressed, because I look at my Arsenal, and since U14, ive only gotten 2 weapons to 30, because it just takes so long now.

But considering this was described as an "issue" indicates it is a genuine bug, so im a bit perplexed towards why nobody has bug fixed it, or commented on it from DE concerning why its taking so long to bug fix.

Discuss. Has anyone found any more information on this matter? Numbers are always nice. Or has anyone caught wind of anyone from DE or anyone else remotely important commenting on/acknowledging this?

Only way to tell if your XP has been lowered is to check on Sechura. As of right now, enemies give 100 XP if killed with a Primary, but 81 XP if killed with anything else. If it's lower than that, then XP has been lowered.

Only way to tell if your XP has been lowered is to check on Sechura. As of right now, enemies give 100 XP if killed with a Primary, but 81 XP if killed with anything else. If it's lower than that, then XP has been lowered.

well....theres no way to check because we dont have screenshots of old eximus xp give pre-U14

thats actually the difficult part about this......DE and moderators will constantly say show proof but you cant

no one back then wouldve just taken random screens to show 1 eximus xp amount

back in pre-U14

i would see eximus units give 3k - 6k worth of affinity in T4 Survs.....no youll be lucky to see 3k if you get high enough

but i will say again....it is much more balanced than what it used to be

Edited by sekushiiandee

well....theres no way to check because we dont have screenshots of old eximus xp give pre-U14

thats actually the difficult part about this......DE and moderators will constantly say show proof but you cant

no one back then wouldve just taken random screens to show 1 eximus xp amount

kiddplay13, you have become our guinea pig! Go forth! 

I would do it myself but I'm not in a position to do so.

kiddplay13, you have become our guinea pig! Go forth! 

I would do it myself but I'm not in a position to do so.

Your a fellow PS4 player you know how long it takes for a screenshot to actually process. By time, it's done the enemy would have already been killed

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Your a fellow PS4 player you know how long it takes for a screenshot to actually process. By time, it's done the enemy would have already been killed

If you adjust your settings to take a screenshot instantly when you hit share it should go by much quicker. I made it only take a screencap and kept it from taking me to the image cache. Not sure exactly where these options are, but skimming through them should come up with them.