The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.2.0: Avalanche Offensive

[DE]darryl1

I like the launcher changes for the most part, but this seems like one step forward, two steps back for the torid, no?

Given the suppressive fire nature of the gun, the ammo nerf is probably going to hurt it more than the damage buff is going to help.

My poor angstrum, Im a more-or-less renewal player (new acct after 1 year afk) I catalyst and forma my angstrum, and now it fires TEN SHOTS. Oh dear oh my. (Yes you can fire 1-3 per charge, but each charge 30/3 =10 shots.) Did they think this through? Max ammo should be like 90, so you at least get 30 shots. UGH. So much for void missions. Was my favorite toy too.

2 day credit booster.. not worth the grind :P

One simple change that would have made this event more than 30 minutes of just shooting corpus like any other mission:  escalating difficulty and rewards.  

Round 1) kill 25 eximus, low end reward

Round 2) Kill 50 eximus, low end reward

Round 3) Kill 100 eximus, mid grade reward

etc

Keep scaling.  That actually gives us something to strive for and more chances at more interesting rewards.  Thought that lesson had been learnt with the breeding grounds mission, but I guess it bears repeating.

I don't like the change to the Angstrum. It hamstrings other weapons that use Sniper Ammo if you choose to use them now.

I do, however, love the Sniper, Attica, and Spectra improvements.

The littlest plasma cutter is now actually viable. Kudos, DE, it just went from fail to being pretty usable.

Edited by Jaimas

The Torid. Why 20 shots? That is insane. It isn't a rocket launcher. It fires small gas charges. It does not do enough damage for 20 rounds to make it useless either. Am I the only one who sees this as a problem?

The Torid. Why 20 shots? That is insane. It isn't a rocket launcher. It fires small gas charges. It does not do enough damage for 20 rounds to make it useless either. Am I the only one who sees this as a problem?

RIP torid. it was bad already, now it's entombed in the halls of the forgotten weapons you wasted a forma to build.

YES YES YES !!!

Acrid:
        - Base damage increased from 20 to 35.
        - Critical Chance increased from 2.5% to 5%.
        - Crit multiplier increased from 1.5x to 2x. 

• Attica:
        - Fire rate increase – almost doubled.
        - Clip size increased from 8 to 16.
        - Damage increased from 100 to 125. 

• Spectra & Flux Rifle:
        - Both are now more Ammo efficient.
        - More base ammo in clips.
        - Faster fire rate.
        - Damage Increases for both weapons. 

• Snipetron (+Vandal):
        - Added 2.5 puncture depth (3 for Vandal).  
        - Increased damage from 100 to 125 (125 to 150 for Vandal).
        - Reduced reload time from 4 s to 3.5 s.

Ok soo Penta, Torid, Ogris not only get a 96% ammo reduction but now need sniper ammo. nice i mean yeah i wanted an ammo reduction but wow surprised it so extreme. Also love the new dagger speed, same speed as the Fragor,... yeah a dagger is as slow as the Fragor, what did you make the dagger of some sort of heavy metal?

Why 20? Why not 5? Good idea to nerf the Torid's ammo to uselessness, it has been one of the most overused weapons in the game. Not.

Good opportunity to use a Sahasa though. Not.

Seriously, the good changes are good. You're doing good work. But can you finally fire the handicapped kid that always makes good changes come with equal amounts of $&*&*#(%& crap?

"Hey, Tenno, we have fixed connection issues and visual glitches. Yay. Oh also there is now a purple dildo permanently flying around the Liset making buzzing vuvuzela noises. Hope you like it."

Edited by Schwadronaut

Another Update. Another time Kubrow Deletion is apparently looked over/forgotten...

Really don't know if I feel excited for this stuff. It's frustrating waiting so long for something that was said was going to be given, but then not...

I still don't understand why Kubrows couldn't be deleted in the first place. But I've never felt so let down by a game company in a long time after this stuff...

:'(

Whorst update ever. Thanks for destroy my 2 mains. But realy thanks now i can stop playing this game. Thanks.

Please destroy more good things in WF. Do you realy think new things will let us forgot about tons of bugs? problems with sesions? low events? IM realy sorry for flame but this "Update" destroyed my mind!!! All in WF get buff and its harder to kill, jest nerf penta and castanas nerf all good weapons! next Frames Nerf ashe he have so more dmg! Nerf bunshee he is to loud! Nerf Nekros he is tooooo creapy! Nerf Frost he is to cold or ember she is too hot! Nerf ignis despite it had 100 fire dmg before "UPDATE" now 10 dmg! And please DE nerf penta more give it 2 ammo and 1234567887654323476543345 reload time! Good idea right?

Edited by RaptorKomandor

Welp this all goes to show how little effort DE really is putting in to all this, at least for the players side of view:

- Nerfing ammo without any consideration to players or consideration to basic ratios. (obviously a 6 round clip with 20 ammo capacity is no way in balance with a 60 round clip with 750 ammo capacity)

- Messing around with ammo pools without any consideration to how it would work with other weapons of the same pool. (ya done goofed the Angstrum + any sniper/bow there)

And then to try to cover your tracks and hope no one notices the over-the-top nerfing, you:

- Add a basically useless dagger in comparison to the other weapons in the game. (obviously trying for a money grab from players who want the newest and 'best')

- Add an 'Event', which is basically tier to an Alert as it had no use of creativity or originality which people expect from events. Not to mention the reward basically forces people to play for the next 2 days, if they even can. If they don't play then the event was completely useless. (trying to force people to play)

DE you're really making a name for yourself. Seems like the angry comments are just building up at your feet, and this is an update thread; that's really saying something.

Edited by Wanklestein

To everyone who has an issue with launcher ammo, a sahasa kubrow or ammo restore should fix that up for you. Also the torid makes this event pretty easy, just 1 shot the eximi by shooting their globes.

That means all players should have sahasa? Cuz DE had "GOOD IDEA" to nerf all good weapons? I hate this update

Welp this all goes to show how little effort DE really is putting in to all this, at least for the players side of view:

- Nerfing ammo without any consideration to players or consideration to basic ratios. (obviously a 6 round clip with 20 ammo capacity is no way in balance with a 60 round clip with 750 ammo capacity)

- Messing around with ammo pools without any consideration to how it would work with other weapons of the same pool. (ya done goofed the Angstrum + any sniper/bow there)

And then to try to cover your tracks and hope no one notices the over-the-top nerfing, you:

- Add a basically useless dagger in comparison to the other weapons in the game. (obviously trying for a money grab from players who want the newest and 'best')

- Add an 'Event', which is basically tier to an Alert as it had no use of creativity or originality which people expect from events. Not to mention the reward basically forces people to play for the next 2 days, if they even can. If they don't play then the event was completely useless. (trying to force people to play)

DE you're really making a name for yourself. Seems like the angry comments are just building up at your feet, and this is an update thread; that's really saying something.

AGREE!

Because nerfs are totally fun. Why oh WHY did the launchers need to be nerfed in the ammo pool that way? Oh boy. I get 10 fricking shots with my angstrum, and four fricking clips with my penta. But at least I can throw my castanas 15 times before I'm screwed. Thanks DE. Not sure I want to play anymore.

Warframe is not an MMO, for the umpteenth time.

As far as I could see - or rather, feel - they're just like the regular Detron Crewmembers. And those hit like a truck by default. Now they're added with extra freeze damage, are abundant, and also come in Eximus variants. To be fair, that was to be expected. That plus reduced shields + Corpus doing extra damage on armor = Very high damage.

However, for the second time in my Warframe life, I've equipped a damage resistance mod - thank you Insulation! All the butt saving.

I must admit though, I did hope for the ice-damage mods, but considering how short the event is going to last (less than a week) I was already thinking this is not going to happen.

http://www.mmobomb.com/review/warframe

d4ba973e2d.PNG

"Even rambo would think 520 is excessive!"

Yeah, this joke isn't even funny, and you can tell that redtext is hesitant to even bring it up.  Don't try to cover up a stupid design choice with jokes, just fix it.  The penta in particular is abominably S#&$ty now.  It has 20 rounds.  That's not enough to destroy a serious wave on higher difficulties, which is what heavy weapons were, I quote, "DESIGNED TO DO."  Best part is that you can't even post about it anywhere that there's any chance it'll be seen, since any threads discussing it can easily be deemed "Feedback' and moved to the "appropriate section," where nobody will see or reply to it ever again.

Edited by DergyDergon