The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.2.0: Avalanche Offensive

[DE]darryl1

That was the weakest event you guys have come up with, with the dumbest reward.

I sure hope there is more to this event than running a mission a few times and getting a 3-day booster.

Pathetic so far.

At least you can get into the event. I just get the "Please Wait" screen.

You could have warned us that for the event mission you took the "stupidly overpowered enemy" tactic from the Suspicious Shipment event. A Zanuka appeared and one hit killed me and my team at full health and shield, because it's attacks are also affected by the mission's buff and you had the glorious idea of giving it an insta-dispell ability it can spam combined with a slow down effect and random evade jumps at high speed.

What kind of logic is that?

An event entirely centered around enemies which not only slow you down when you are somewhere in 20 meter distance to them, but also create a mobile field that protects them from shots. Enemies that require you to either go under their shield or unloaded enough damage on the field for it to switch off. You are essentialy showcasing the worst in challenge creation you could think off.

There is no tactic here, you just once again encourage the player tactic to bring your most powerfull fast firing weapon and optional a Warframe with damage negating powers like Valkyr, Rhino or Trinity and spam away abilities and bolts.

I know what several people say now. That it's challenging, that people would need to use tactics now instead of rushing, that it's fun to fight enemies who can down you in 3 shots and that it's all a great idea. Hell, i'm using such a self imposed challenge tactic and try to use cover and carefull movement.

But in the end, the majority of people who have the option will just cheese it again, because there is no challenge, just frustration to avoid here.

What's funny is that you create an event around enemies which either require melee attacks or quick firing weapons to reliably take down and punish you for not killing them fast, at the same time as you introduce a buff to sniper rifles. Buffs which don't help sniper rifles being good against the Snowman Crewmen.

You are essentialy showcasing why sniper weapons are not great.

Because with each of the sniper weapons you need 2 or 3 hits to take down those exiums, all while they appear in larger numbers, which means even more shots, all while these guys take you under fire and have insane auto-aim.

Well at least it only takes 4 or 5 missions to get all points it seems. So i dunno what you thought this event was good for. Testing patience of players?

Sorry for the harsh feedback.

PS: I did not had to type in a password anywhere but the usual login screen. Is the Steam version excepted or something?

Edited by Othergrunty

okay, so since this new update, i can neither join sessions(getting session not found error) launch solo missions, my game freezes on the please wait screen, or in general do anything other than walk around the liset, anyone else havethis issue, and yes, i've laready restarteed warframe several times.

Uh... Can You give my Bow ammo back?

My dread has only 30 arrows now.

-EDIT-

Apparently My ammo goes down to 30 when my angstrum is equipped . When I'm using Dread only it goes back to 72. I hope this is a bug. I dont want to loose half of my ammo.

JUST MAKE ROCKET LAUNCHERS AMMO PICKUPS!

Edited by Blackpoc

>snip<

Even though it is short and not entirely difficult, DE is still giving us something to do that is out of the ordinary.  I would love to see events like these every couple of weeks.  They don't take a lot of effort from DE to set up but they help break of the grind some, they are fun little events to give us between the big events.  Yes they enemies are strong... so what.  I did this event on Zephyr/Excalibur, you don't need a crutchframe to do it.  Complaining about it really doesn't make sense.

The only problem i am having is I have got the perpetual "Please Wait" screen several times, but that isn't new.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

You could have warned us that for the event mission you took the "stupidly overpowered enemy" tactic from the Suspicious Shipment event. A Zanuka appeared and one hit killed me and my team at full health and shield, because it's attacks are also affected by the mission's buff and you had the glorious idea of giving it an insta-dispell ability it can spam combined with a slow down effect and random evade jumps at high speed.

it sounds more like you had a zanuka normal spawn, i mean hes always been as described and many bosses level up to your equipment

Even though it is short and not entirely difficult, DE is still giving us something to do that is out of the ordinary.  I would love to see events like these every couple of weeks.  They don't take a lot of effort from DE to set up but they help break of the grind some, they are fun little events to give us between the big events.

^ This.

Wasn't expecting to get 1shot though. xD

Sadly(?) Zephyr facerolls.

On the bright side, now that I've completed 100 Eximii I can start with the nonsense! :D

I have most of a week to play with Detron Crewmen! ^^

(On a side note, idk how Affinity Boosters work. Having said that, I'm assuming they're not activateable at-will?

Shame. Would've saved it, as everything I have is currently maxed, and I have nothing pressing to Forma.

Edit for clarity: I'm not really complaining. Just realised it probably comes across like that.)

Edited by Chroia

what about this

2014_08_14_00001.jpg

when i want to play some missions,dark sectors or this avalanche mission,firt time i can connect,when i want to connect again i get this on the screen and remains just like that,so i hit alt+F4 to close the game and connect again.i get this annoying thing about 10 times in one hour and starts to annoy me.

Edited by Vrajeala

I'm thankful for the event and all, nice stuff happening. But this content update made me seriously wonder about certain changes;

@Continuous weapons

While this is all nice, they still have their innate problems, which is the 1second tick issue. I understand that you did this to not "drown the screen in numbers" but may I honestly ask you if you've ever seen the ridiculous spray from multishot Twin Vipers, or - to use something more widely spread - the Soma? We can't even see the enemies at times from these number fountains. How about the option to turn damage numbers OFF entirely? That would help a lot.

Still in per-second clumps?

Well Spectra, I guess you'll stay in the box, still.