Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Want Nerf The Boltor Prime? That Is True? So Why Not Soma?

Kaiser_Suoh

I heard a rumor.

If Yes: Why De want nerf a rare Prime weapon?

If Not: Nervermind. Forget this stupid post.

I really hate the Soma, is very powerfull and it is in the market (just buy the BP and build... meh so easy) I know i know, Soma is Mastery Rank 6 and Boltor Prime is Mastery 2.

But Boltor Prime is a rare weapon (BP + 3 parts) only in voids... and is Prime (that means some special thing .. i guess).

I hope that's just a rumor pls.
Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

Er...

So your point is: Soma is a market weapon, but the Boltor Prime is a Prime weapon and because of that difference, the Boltor Prime shouldn't get nerfed?

That is a daft argument. If the weapon's broken and trivializes 99% of content, it doesn't matter how you acquire it, it needs to be balanced appropriately.

I heard a rumor.

If Yes: Why De want nerf a rare Prime weapon?

If Not: Nervermind. Forget this stupid post.

I really hate the Soma, is very powerfull and it is in the market (just buy the BP and build... meh so easy) I know i know, Soma is Mastery Rank 6 and Boltor Prime is Mastery 2.

But Boltor Prime is a rare weapon (BP + 3 parts) only in voids... and is Prime (that means some special thing .. i guess).

I hope that's just a rumor pls.

Because people chase DPS charts and don't realize Paris Prime and Latron Prime are leagues better than Boltor Prime, but are not reflected in simple spreadsheet calculations, since to utilize them fully, you have to have at least the intelligence to actively aim for the head.

Er...

So your point is: Soma is a market weapon, but the Boltor Prime is a Prime weapon and because of that difference, the Boltor Prime shouldn't get nerfed?

That is a daft argument. If the weapon's broken and trivializes 99% of content, it doesn't matter how you acquire it, it needs to be balanced appropriately.

The keyword here is BALANCED but we all know that DE will go too far and overnerf it

Edited by WhisperByte

"Rare"

You can buy the damn thing cheaper than any market weapon from /trading.

And do you think its right and sensible for players to have access to a weapon that trivialises the entire game at mastery rank 2? It was exactly that S#&$ which got Soma hit with a MR6 requirement.

Not just Boltor Prime, Latron Prime is arguably even worse since that has no MR requirement.

Soma isn't really all that OP. I remember the day it was the OP weapon. After that, I dropped. It's just a pee shooter now. The Amprex is better.

So dropping close to 600 damage a bullet isn't OP?

Man...am I the only one who remembers those days when the only way you could get close to 1000 damage was with a 4 forma paris and a red crit?

If it is true just raise the mastery rank for the boltor prime o 8 or something. I also hate the soma since the 2nd day i had it but the boltor doesn't seem OP to me especially when it takes an entire clip to kill a lvl 90 HP eximus leader (most of the time it takes more)  . The gun also loses its ammo efficiency when fighting lvl 80 +. i have yet to see a boltor prime kill a lvl 135 in a single clip.

I wasn't trying to rant srry.

Edited by (PS4)AtlasXV

So dropping close to 600 damage a bullet isn't OP?

Man...am I the only one who remembers those days when the only way you could get close to 1000 damage was with a 4 forma paris and a red crit?

man u have to see the amprex dmg, its the best primary rifle right now

Because people chase DPS charts and don't realize Paris Prime and Latron Prime are leagues better than Boltor Prime, but are not reflected in simple spreadsheet calculations, since to utilize them fully, you have to have at least the intelligence to actively aim for the head.

Insert picture of laughing women here.

Damage Per Second and Damage Per Shot are two different things, friend. Sometimes you want high damage per shot (bows, latron), other times you want high damage per second (boltorp, soma).

You can aim for the head with high DPS weapons too, nerd.