Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Defense Missions.

Aumaan

I was back on Mercury getting some starting levels on some equipment when I ran into this problem that I had forgotten about recently, the fact that, once you reach waves ~25 and higher, the chances of the group wiping, not because of lack of skill, but because they didn't have a Frost constantly using Snow Globe and a stray shot hit the defense target and takes off 3/4's of it's health.

My suggestion is, somehow buff the defense target throughout the mission. Maybe every 5 waves, instead of listing it as just taking the reward or staying it's explained as, you can either take the reward or the tenno currently infiltrating can instead reroute some power to the target giving it some extra armor and/or shields. Maybe have mini-objectives during some waves that do that, just some way of buffing the thing we're defending so having a Frost(Snowglobe)/Vauban(Vortex for ODD)/Loki (Radial Disarm)/any other frames I'm forgetting, is not a requirement for long runs.  Being able to one-shot a player is one thing, they can run around and dodge, the pod on the other hand, if it's not protected from attacks, is boned.

I'm not saying keep the damage scaling equal so there's never any difference between wave 1 and wave 40 when it comes to how long the pod takes to die, but it's ridiculous when, no matter how good a team is, if they can't stop the pod from getting shot AT ALL during later waves they'll lose. For example, if enemies doubled their damage every 5 waves, have a way to increase the shields/damage resistance by slightly less than that (just a rough example, not perfect, mainly because it still makes it so enemies will 1-shot the pod after a certain point).

Thought, opinions, suggestions? 

Edited by Aumaan