Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

I really enjoyed playing this game back in U7.5, but since then my fun went down the hill...

I recognize that having 500+ ammo in my penta, even having 200+ of ogris is way too much, but reducing it to below 100 simply defeats the whole idea of having it, or even of reaching the higher mastery ranks.

And so I call for a >>>>>PROTEST<<<<< of not playing this game.

Unless we stop playing this game and point to our motivation, the game will depend on how the DE's frontmen wake up from their bed.

So do complete the upcoming operations why not, but do not play (don't even log for dayly rewards) beyond that.

Post a message to that effect into the regional chat and do not discuss (nobody discusses with us neither).

I am the 1st of ANTI AMMO NERF PROTESTERS and I want my 100+ penta ammo belt back!!!!!

It's because PVP...

What do you disbelieve? That sniper ammo never drops? Go play a dozen mission against each faction, and tell me if more than half of those missions drops EVEN ONE SINGLE sniper ammo. (Hint: They won't.) Also, it's NOT still a god gun... The primaries are now decent-ish for secondary, but a Lex or rapid-fire weapon is WAY stronger. (Already was against Corrupted Vor, since explosions don't effect him)

In prolonged defense/survival, I see them all the time.

If it's Exterminate, okay, sure. But how much ammo did you really need for that?

I do have a scoliac TYVM... and although melee only runs can be fun... I get bored of them cause I have more fun bench marking my OP graphics card with a volley of explosives every 5 seconds while watching the fireworks and the gibs of enemies fly everywhere than I do just whipping Corpus, grineer or infested Arse all day and night... and TBH now with the epic stamina buff you can literally just run and swing without ever running out of stamina...

Well, at least yo get the drift. It would not be hard to volley into a large group of any faction and tear them apart with at least the whip over and over especially since it can block I suppose it can get boring for some but being that powerful with melee feels great especially if others are struggling with conventional guns, overpowered guns/explosives yet mirage and Volt and run in easily along with smokescreen, hysteria and invisibility and of course Roar and Iron skin. Feels great being that overpowered with melee especially after that long drought of melee sucking.

it's also thrilling being in the midst of all that danger coming out the last man standing never have to reload able to run in w/o a care in the world feeling almost invincible. Feels great

I recommend any explosives expert spammer try it. it's more thrilling than gluing yourself to one spot becoming one with the surface when you can become one with the wind.

Melee is more over powered than explosive weaponry.

Believe that, playa....

Edited by JacobLittle

Well, at least yo get the drift. It would not be hard to volley into a large group of any faction and tear them apart with at least the whip over and over especially since it can block I suppose it can get boring for some but being that powerful with melee feels great especially if others are struggling with conventional guns, overpowered guns/explosives yet mirage and Volt and run in easily along with smokescreen, hysteria and invisibility and of course Roar and Iron skin. Feels great being that overpowered with melee especially after that long drought of melee sucking.

it's also thrilling being in the midst of all that danger coming out the last man standing never have to reload able to run in w/o a care in the world feeling almost invincible. Feels great

I recommend any explosives expert spammer try it. it's more thrilling than gluing yourself to one spot becoming one with the surface when you can become one with the wind.

Melee is more over powered than explosive weaponry.

Believe that, playa....

You want OP melee, use QT/R combo = Immortal non hysteria build while you can still fire you gun... now that's beyond broken.

Oh my god yes. 

Instead of being 96.29% less effective, it would only be 90.74% less effective.

It would actually be 0% less effective, because they haven't changed the damage at all.

Anyways, doubling the available ammo wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Ok, lets say the nerf passes off, and DE goes on its dandy way.

The Penta can still outright kill the user - in addition to that it sucks now. Where is the logic here?

DE, you could have just removed the weapon entirely, and cut the bull...

Edited by YourBusDriver

It would actually be 0% less effective, because they haven't changed the damage at all.

Anyways, doubling the available ammo wouldn't be a bad idea. 

You forget that it having less ammo DOES affect it's DPS because you have to sacrifice DPS for ammo efficiency and remember than no gun in Warframe is useful without mods...

You forget that it having less ammo DOES affect it's DPS because you have to sacrifice DPS for ammo efficiency and remember than no gun in Warframe is useful without mods...

Sustained dps. Burst dps is valuable because it removes a problem before it happens.

I think that's an acceptable trade-off, assuming an agreement can be reached on what the "sweet spot" for ammo cap is.

Reload time and damage fall-off don't matter if everything that threatens you during that time is dead.

Edited by PlayGooYa

Try sniper scavenger. You don't have to take off any damage mods to equip it. Even without an ammo mod, if you're playing defense or survival you still don't have ammo problems.

The only reason we'd need to increase max ammo is for fixed-spawn missions. 

The Penta can still outright kill the user - in addition to that it sucks now. Where is the logic here?

It doesn't suck now.  It is just no longer a crutch.  You have to put some thought into its use.

I'd like to someone to survey the things those with Rhino default helmet avatar says and say whether they say mostly outrageous things, drama queen things or descent of good things and whether they are reasonable or not.

Edited by JacobLittle

The Penta can still kill the user, in addition to that it sucks now. Where is the logic here?

How does it suck? It still does the same extreme amount of damage in a very large AOE range.

It LOBS grenades, thus can hit enemies both far away as well as behind cover.

It can be pre detonated to blast apart enemies right under it, or shot at an angle to bounce behind cover to detonate there instead.

It's still one of the most powerful weapons in this game as well as one of the most versatile, and you say it "sucks" now because they put a cap on it and its brethren's ammo capacity? When you can EASILY alleviate it by using Ammo Drum, or just straight up completely circumvent it by using Ammo Restores/Ammo Mutation (once they fix it)?

The amount of delusional people in this forum lately....

Edited by SoulEchelon