Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

I'd like to someone to survey the things those with Rhino default helmet avatar says and say whether they say mostly outrageous things, drama queen things or descent of good things and whether they are reasonable or not.

Thanks for singling me out, as well as stereotyping me... 

How does it suck? It still does the same extreme amount of damage in a very large AOE range.

It LOBS grenades, thus can hit enemies both far away as well as behind cover.

It can be pre detonated to blast apart enemies right under it, or shot at an angle to bounce behind cover to detonate there instead.

It's still one of the most powerful weapons in this game as well as one of the most versatile, and you say it "sucks" now because they put a cap on it and its brethren's ammo capacity? When you can EASILY alleviate it by using Ammo Drum, or just straight up completely circumvent it by using Ammo Restores/Ammo Mutation (once they fix it)?

The amount of delusional people in this forum lately....

I like being called delusional; that's a very nice thing to say.

Try sniper scavenger. You don't have to take off any damage mods to equip it. Even without an ammo mod, if you're playing defense or survival you still don't have ammo problems.

The only reason we'd need to increase max ammo is for fixed-spawn missions. 

Sniper scavanger would be a waste cause you only have 20 rounds and sniper ammo gives 10... and sniper scavanger does not increase the drop rate of sniper ammo... just how much you get from each pick up... so the 50 Rounds would be completely wasted unless the rockets had between 50-72 rockets total...

Sniper scavanger would be a waste cause you only have 20 rounds and sniper ammo gives 10... and sniper scavanger does not increase the drop rate of sniper ammo... just how much you get from each pick up... so the 50 Rounds would be completely wasted unless the rockets had between 50-72 rockets total...

^

not to mention it is a terrible waste of an aura slot that could be used with strategic mods as opposed to ammo mods

How does it suck? It still does the same extreme amount of damage in a very large AOE range.

It LOBS grenades, thus can hit enemies both far away as well as behind cover.

It can be pre detonated to blast apart enemies right under it, or shot at an angle to bounce behind cover to detonate there instead.

It's still one of the most powerful weapons in this game as well as one of the most versatile, and you say it "sucks" now because they put a cap on it and its brethren's ammo capacity? When you can EASILY alleviate it by using Ammo Drum, or just straight up completely circumvent it by using Ammo Restores/Ammo Mutation (once they fix it)?

The amount of delusional people in this forum lately....

it may be powerful, but it's still impractical to use now for anything other than defense, and outright suicidal to use on solo missions without bringing one million team ammo regen which still requires you to camp... IDK why people say this change doesn't promote camping when in reality it promotes it all the more...

Need we arguing against this nerf say more?...

Yes, you do. Anecdotal evidence and poor play don't a great argument make. 

You also miss the point that sniper ammo is supposed to be rare.  You also conveniently pretend that ammo mutation mods and ammo restoration gear doesn't exist. 

The entire point is that you are not supposed to be able to spam explosives freely.

Why is this thread not dead yet :\

There was absolutely no discussion material in the first post that hasn't been covered in the PSA megathread, and even then the thread's lost its relevance by people arguing back and forth over very specific numbers and situations, and very inflated egos. Are there even two sides participating in a logical debate conducive to constructive discussion here, or just a bunch of people countering specific points from everyone else but getting nowhere?

The OP was clearly inflammatory, and while I respect their opinion and their call to arms, they openly insulted the devs, stuck to their numbers without addressing valid counterpoints, and spawned a thread where people list their opinions and leave the rest to fight it out. Not a good look for the forums, a bit surprised at Letter13.

I built the Orgis hours before the news and you know what? Whocares... Who in their right mind would goto battle with 500+ rockets strapped to them.

That's not Ninja.

Not to mention anything, but stealth, is not ninja... 

I think this game has been liberal with a lot of things, and not just launchers - being ninja

Edited by YourBusDriver

I built the Orgis hours before the news and you know what? Whocares... Who in their right mind would goto battle with 500+ rockets strapped to them.

That's not Ninja.

neither is running and gunning all through out the level like most randoms do, even just running and slashing away is NOT something that ninjas DO... that argument is already getting to the point of irrelevancy... this is more of an arena shooter than a Ninja game... and until you play an actual ninja simulator you will never know what a ninja game is supposed to be like... in all honestly the ONLY frames REMOTELY ninja like are loki and Ash, every other frame is just a Re Skinned Spartan IV with armor abilities...

Edited by R3DBelmont456

neither is running and gunning all through out the level like most randoms do, even just running and slashing away is NOT something that ninjas DO... that argument is already getting to the point of irrelevancy... this is more of an arena shooter than a Ninja game... and until you play an actual ninja simulator you will never know what a ninja game is supposed to be like...

A ninja would not kill and entire village individually to get to their assassination target.  They would go to the target and kill them instead.  Coptering is more ninja than killing everything in any mission where it is not a requirement (e.g. defense, survival, exterminate).

A ninja would not kill and entire village individually to get to their assassination target.  They would go to the target and kill them instead.  Coptering is more ninja than killing everything in any mission where it is not a requirement (e.g. defense, survival, exterminate).

there are a lot of definitive factors here that make this game not a ninja game, you want more proof, then watch this vid:

http://youtu.be/uxUbKUr6LK4

Alternate solution to this problem: Buff ammo auras 

Any takers? 

Have scavenger auras increase the drop chance. That way if you want to play overwatch with a launcher you have to swap auras accordingly, which would make sense.

No, that last statement about sums up what you think of me. Have a nice day.

So you don't have a rebuttal. Gotcha. I will indeed continue to have a nice day.

it may be powerful, but it's still impractical to use now for anything other than defense, and outright suicidal to use on solo missions without bringing one million team ammo regen which still requires you to camp... IDK why people say this change doesn't promote camping when in reality it promotes it all the more...

Wrong. Completely, completely, -completely- wrong. In fact, they're even MORE viable in missions where you have to move around, because now you're naturally walking over the corpses of enemies and thus able to continuously procure more ammo.

And using explosive weapons has always been suicidal in solo missions, because derp, you can blow yourself up with them. "But what if you run out of ammo?" Do like everyone else does when they run out of ammo with their current weapon:

Smash breakables.

Use Ammo Restores.

Stop using your launcher when there's only 1-3 enemies in the area. Learn to CONSERVE.

Use Your Other Weapons Until You Get More Ammo.

But why am I even talking to you. You're going to once again ignore everything everyone's telling you and continue to complain, like you have literally all day. And after constantly taking down many of your posts in multiple threads now, I'm just too tired to even try talking to a brick wall like you anymore.

Have scavenger auras increase the drop chance. That way if you want to play overwatch with a launcher you have to swap auras accordingly, which would make sense.

That actually isn't a bad idea.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Why go on a protest over something like this? I thank DE for this move. I myself use penta but honest to god i started to get bored with how easy the kills were to make in any mode...1 shot and i kill like 5 or more guys in 1 shot...kinda killing the point of building up your skill. And in all seriousness and in terms of realism...even having 100+ ammo is kind of stupid. The fact that people are whining and crying over this just proves that all they relied on waaaayy to powerful weapons that already had a waaayy to high amount of ammo capacity. 20 is nearly perfect, and for those who are gonna complain about running out of ammo....i'm pretty sure that there is a cute little mod called "ammo mutation" for all the weapon types, lose a bit of power for basically unlimited ammo....having 20 max ammo capacity shouldn't be an issue with this mod.

Seriously, just let this thread die, there's a lot of butthurt over the explosive weapon nerfs, and it was completely necessary. Now you must actually search for ammo, or open up those damn lockers and get ammo, or use the restoration gear, or ammo mutation. For the amount of enemies you could kill in 1 blast, yeah, 500+ rounds was way too much, and perhaps it could get buffed to 30 or maybe even 40, but I still don't see anything wrong with 20 and using ammo mutation mods

And using explosive weapons has always been suicidal in solo missions, because derp, you can blow yourself up with them. "But what if you run out of ammo?" Do like everyone else does when they run out of ammo with their current weapon:

Smash breakables.

Use Ammo Restores.

Stop using your launcher when there's only 1-3 enemies in the area. Learn to CONSERVE.

Use Your Other Weapons Until You Get More Ammo.

But why am I even talking to you. You're going to once again ignore everything everyone's telling you and continue to complain, like you have literally all day. And after constantly taking down many of your posts in multiple threads now, I'm just too tired to even try talking to a brick wall like you anymore.

Pretty sure the general point, which you're clearly missing, is that if it's a weapon you only fire two or three times per mission, it's no longer a PRIMARY weapon. Also, enemies and breakables [essentially] don't drop sniper ammo.