Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

Oh I tried the angstrum on both a defense mission and a couple of Orokin Derelict missions... I can say without a doubt that I had absolutely no reason what so ever to charge my angstrum or to even fire it at all, for the most part I just ended up falling back on my dragon nikana constantly... IF I wanna do a melee only run of missions, then bloody hell I can just unequip the weapons, what's the point of even using it now that it's so impractical it's practically useless...

So all you've tried was the angstrum, which has already been agreed upon needs a little more tweaking due to its nature. And lemme guess - You spammed it like crazy right at the start of said missions even when there may or may not have been a need for it, and then at the absolute second you ran out of ammo, you stopped trying to procure more ammo for it.

Yeah I'm using a ton of assumptions here, but it's hard not to after piecing your recent posts together. I'm really starting to get a good picture into your "style" of playing this game.

Trinity is still the best frame in the game, despite alarmists saying her nerf would spell the end of the game. Alarmist posts are unreliable.

I disagree... trinity just gets highly reduced dmg which really does nothing since defense is meaningless in warframe since the nerf or armor and defense builds... Valkyr is full blown invincible to all dmg except ancient disruptor's AoE (which needs to be fixes seriously...) for 70 seconds with a max duration build, so she's atm the only one that can solo the Corpus Eximus events unscathed...

I wouldn't say they are... one has a larger blast radius than the other, and is more compact... normally nuclear missles are carried on Jets whereas atomic bombs required them to be carried on large Aircraft Carriers... AKA bombers...

Bombs are dropped.  Bombers refers to aircraft.  Missiles are are fired and then self-propelled.

So all you've tried was the angstrum, which has already been agreed upon needs a little more tweaking due to its nature. And lemme guess - You spammed it like crazy right at the start of said missions even when there may or may not have been a need for it, and then at the absolute second you ran out of ammo, you stopped trying to procure more ammo for it.

Yeah I'm using a ton of assumptions here, but it's hard not to after piecing your recent posts together. I'm really starting to get a good picture into your "style" of playing this game.

If you came to this conclusion from all of my posts then you're far more clueless than you make yourself out to be... the only reason I use my angstrum over my ogris is because unlike the ogris I  had forma'd my Angstrum 3 times and tweaked it with an every faction, maximum dmg build... the truth is I'm a sniper, I use bows mostly and I can headshot most mobs about 100 meters away before they can even blink, since bows are silent and I'm always soloing planets unless I'm doing a Dark Sector, then I just beat the levels without ever getting caught, THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what you think my playstyle is... I just love mayhem, and I love explosives because I come from a world where turning enemies inside out with rocket launchers was my idea of a Good time, therefore having at least 50 rockets was normal for me, reducing it down to 20 is just overkill, it's almost as low as the rockets from the Halo series... and unlike in Halo which is FAR slower paced than Warframe, a launcher with 50 rockets would have still been appreciated over a launcher with 20...

I disagree... trinity just gets highly reduced dmg which really does nothing since defense is meaningless in warframe since the nerf or armor and defense builds... Valkyr is full blown invincible to all dmg except ancient disruptor's AoE (which needs to be fixes seriously...) for 70 seconds with a max duration build, so she's atm the only one that can solo the Corpus Eximus events unscathed...

Trinity gets 99.7% damage reduction.

She can share damage reduction with her entire team.

Trinity can cause high-leveled enemies to kill themselves.

Trinity can infinitely restore a team's energy, allowing the team to keep Radial Disarm, Bastille, and Molecular Prime going at all times.

Trinity can instantly restore a team's health and shields to full at infinite range.

Trinity can deal high percentage based damage to a single target by combining her first two skills.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Trinity gets 99.7% damage reduction.

She can share damage reduction with her entire team.

Trinity can cause high-leveled enemies to kill themselves.

Trinity can infinitely restore a team's energy, allowing the team to keep Radial Disarm, Bastille, and Molecular Prime going at all times.

Trinity can instantly restore a team's health and shields to full at infinite range.

Trinity can deal high percentage based damage to a single target by combining her first two skills.

yes, but she's still all support, and the only thing that makes her viable for soloing is her link ability which still doesn't reduce all dmg taken, and you absolutely need an efficiency/duration build on her for her to be remotely tanky... With valkyr you just need Rage and duration build... and even after all that you still have enough room for flow... also, this is not a topic on Warframes, it's a topic on the Rocket launcher nerf, so please don't try to derail it mate...

Edited by R3DBelmont456

yes, but she's still all support, and the only thing that makes her viable for soloing is her link ability which still doesn't reduce all dmg taken, and you absolutely need an efficiency/duration build on her for her to be remotely tanky... With valkyr you just need Rage and duration build... and even after all that you still have enough room for flow... also, this is not a topic on Warframes, it's a topic on the Rocket launcher nerf, so please don't try to derail it mate...

I just said you don't need efficiency on her.  Trinity can infinitely restore her own, and others', energy. Link, 99.7% damage reduction, high percent damage, and full instant heals make her perfect for soloing.

It is on topic.  It shows that reactionary doomsayers are not reliable. What it basically amounts to is people throwing a tantrum because something was nerf so they make it out to be the end of the world in an attempt to get their way.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

If you came to this conclusion from all of my posts then you're far more clueless than you make yourself out to be... the only reason I use my angstrum over my ogris is because unlike the ogris I  had forma'd my Angstrum 3 times and tweaked it with an every faction, maximum dmg build... the truth is I'm a sniper, I use bows mostly and I can headshot most mobs about 100 meters away before they can even blink, since bows are silent and I'm always soloing planets unless I'm doing a Dark Sector, then I just beat the levels without ever getting caught, THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what you think my playstyle is... I just love mayhem, and I love explosives because I come from a world where turning enemies inside out with rocket launchers was my idea of a Good time, therefore having at least 50 rockets was normal for me, reducing it down to 20 is just overkill, it's almost as low as the rockets from the Halo series... and unlike in Halo which is FAR slower paced than Warframe, a launcher with 50 rockets would have still been appreciated over a launcher with 20...

Well guess what? This isn't your world. Just because you want Warframe to be exactly how your world works doesn't mean it will be. And in most worlds, having an endless supply of explosives doesn't fit.

But actually, I kind of do have you figured out.

You use warframes that have a penchant for being extremely tanky and weaponry that does as much damage as possible. You SAY you use bows, but you don't heavily rely on them. You use them when enemies aren't in range of your angstrum, and when they're too close to you, you used to use Trinity's Blessing to keep yourself invulnerable as you walk through explosions, and Link to make things even more hilariously easier. But since Trinity was nerfed to where you actually have to use skill and timing to get her maximum damage reduction, you've switched to Valkyr. You use the strongest melee weapon in the game currently - the dragon nikana - to buff Valkyr's melee while using her invulnerability. I like that you stated you used your dragon nikana when your angstrum ran out of ammo. You probably did for a few moments before flipping Valkyr's Hysteria switch.

Then there's also the fact that you blatantly stopped your tirade about ammo capacity to argue with someone that this isn't a Ninja game. This, plus your open admittance at wanting to be a "demi-god" leads me to believe that you either lack the skills to be relatively mobile, or you simply don't want to. You want to instead be a walking tank soloing everything with invulnerability and high powered weapons. And, since DE has been notably poking at your "style", you're feeling angry and fearful that they'll ruin your easymode. And don't go and argue that you don't want easymode. You've stated continuously that "this game is easy" and yet with DE threatening your livelihood, you've flip-flopped and are now saying the game will be "too hard" without your precious infinite ammo explosives.

Now, if you were a true bow user, you probably wouldn't be using Valkyr or Trinity. You'd be more of a Banshee user, or even Loki or Ash, who all have abilities that compliment bows. But no...instead you go for tankiest. For the warframes that can ignore damage. Warframes that can either circumvent enemy gunfire (Valkyre, Trinity), can heal themselves to full relatively quickly (Valkyr, Trinity), or can ignore explosives damage simply by pressing a button (Pre-update Trinity).

So yeah. I got your number.

Oh, and just to add... This isn't supposed to be a solo game. This is a team game. You can't ask DE to tailor to you just because you refuse to play with others.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Well guess what? This isn't your world. Just because you want Warframe to be exactly how your world doesn't mean it will be. And in most worlds, having an endless supply of explosives doesn't fit.

But actually, I kind of do have you figured out.

You use warframes that have a penchant for being extremely tanky and weaponry that does as much damage as possible. You SAY you use bows, but you don't heavily rely on them. You use them when enemies aren't in range of your angstrum, and when they're too close to you, you used to use Trinity's Blessing to keep yourself invulnerable as you walk through explosions, and Link to make things even more hilariously easier. But since Trinity was nerfed to where you actually have to use skill and timing to get her maximum damage reduction, you've switched to Valkyr. You use the strongest melee weapon in the game currently - the dragon nikana - to buff Valkyr's melee while using her invulnerability. I like that you stated you used your dragon nikana when your angstrum ran out of ammo. You probably did for a few moments before flipping Valkyr's Hysteria switch.

Then there's also the fact that you blatantly stopped your tirade about ammo capacity to argue with someone that this isn't a Ninja game. This, plus your open admittance at wanting to be a "demi-god" leads me to believe that you either lack the skills to be relatively mobile, or you simply don't want to. You want to instead be a walking tank soloing everything with invulnerability and high powered weapons. And, since DE has been notably poking at your "style", you're feeling angry and fearful that they'll ruin your easymode. And don't go and argue that you don't want easymode. You've stated continuously that "this game is easy" and yet with DE threatening your livelihood, you've flip-flopped and are now saying the game will be "too hard" without your precious infinite ammo explosives.

Now, if you were a true bow user, you probably wouldn't be using Valkyr or Trinity. You'd be more of a Banshee user, or even Loki or Ash, who all have abilities that compliment bows. But no...instead you go for tankiest. For the warframes that can ignore damage. Warframes that can either circumvent enemy gunfire (Valkyre, Trinity), can heal themselves to full relatively quickly (Valkyr, Trinity), or can ignore explosives damage simply by pressing a button (Pre-update Trinity).

So yeah. I got your number.

you say all this now, only because you're not affected by it, and I use valkyr cause I like her, and banshee is not a solo frame unless you wanna do hard mode 24/7 and soloing pluto with banshee is not my idea of a break after a hard day's work... and FYI it's only logical to use tanky classes to snipe wether you're sniping them from up close or from afar, in Blacklight, being a tanky class when sitting back and BAR ing everyone in the face meant the difference between life and death when someone snuck up on you... it's the same with warframe, that extra defense makes the world of difference when sniping when surrounded which btw I do all the time... the fact that you're trashing my logic with your own logic which based on what you say only tells me the only shooter you've ever played is probably Warframe, only tells ME that the kind of balance you and I believe in are north and south which is fine as long as my style is not interrupted just because you think yours is superior... and Yes you're right, this WORLD was created by DE and they can change it the way they see fit, but players are what keep a game alive and angry players that eventually leave will only bring more and more bad news to it until it is DOOMED to fade into obscurity... instead of crapping all over those people who wasted taters, forma and time leveling and re-leveling their favorite guns, you can try and design your own game and see how easy it is to keep everyone happy... oh and FYI, I only use hysteria when 1 I am gonna die or 2 I need to revive a downed ally, the next time you get downed and valkyr is your only hope of not losing your revives, you should remember that...

PS: Please don't talk to me about this game being too hard, I grew up in the arcades and I still play games like this to relax:

http://youtu.be/P_QBisDe2OQ

I just don't always feel like trying hard all the time and I like explosions, You kids today are spoiled with over nerf and stuff, Nuff Said...

Edited by R3DBelmont456

Yes you're right, this WORLD was created by DE and they can change it the way they see fit, but players are what keep a game alive and angry players that eventually leave will only bring more and more bad news to it until it is DOOMED to fade into obscurity... instead of crapping all over those people who wasted taters, forma and time leveling and re-leveling their favorite guns, you can try and design your own game and see how easy it is to keep everyone happy...

Go look at that little poll one thread over. Most players are happy. Go look at our steam stats, they're way up. Hell, go look at google search interest for "warframe", that's way up too.

As with every other balance change before this one, people have come to the forums to say how changing their favorite whatever is going to kill the game. So far, nothing. Try again.

The community isn't split. There's just a vocal minority as per usual.

This wasn't a change to "anger" or be "evil". It was a necessary one, that has been asked for by the vast majority of players ever since Ogris was implemented. I should know - I was there when it happened. DE released a brand spanking new rocket launcher as one of the first clan research weapons. The first people who crafted it were surprised to find it used rifle ammo, and immediately red flags were sent up saying "Eh DE will more than likely change this to sniper ammo, or give it its own ammo, or reduce its ammo capacity in general. Don't get used to this guys! Have fun while it lasts!"

Frankly, the only "evil" thing DE did was take too long to implement this. It should've been fixed almost immediately after reports came in about the Ogris. Now we got this insanity going on in the forums because people got accustomed to how heavily overpowered and ammo efficient launchers were.

DE greatly derped. Not because of the nerf to ammo capacity, which was justified, but the fact that they took so damn long in implementing it.

why give the penta 580 ammo in the first place was a silly move from De now if it was 20 ammo from then we would not be seeing this on the forums 

:)

you say all this now, only because you're not affected by it, and I use valkyr cause I like her, and banshee is not a solo frame unless you wanna do hard mode 24/7 and soloing pluto with banshee is not my idea of a break after a hard day's work... and FYI it's only logical to use tanky classes to snipe wether you're sniping them from up close or from afar, in Blacklight, being a tanky class when sitting back and BAR ing everyone in the face meant the difference between life and death when someone snuck up on you... it's the same with warframe, that extra defense makes the world of difference when sniping when surrounded which btw I do all the time... the fact that you're trashing my logic with your own logic which based on what you say only tells me the only shooter you've ever played is probably Warframe, only tells ME that the kind of balance you and I believe in are north and south which is fine as long as my style is not interrupted just because you think yours is superior... and Yes you're right, this WORLD was created by DE and they can change it the way they see fit, but players are what keep a game alive and angry players that eventually leave will only bring more and more bad news to it until it is DOOMED to fade into obscurity... instead of crapping all over those people who wasted taters, forma and time leveling and re-leveling their favorite guns, you can try and design your own game and see how easy it is to keep everyone happy... oh and FYI, I only use hysteria when 1 I am gonna die or 2 I need to revive a downed ally, the next time you get downed and valkyr is your only hope of not losing your revives, you should remember that...

PS: Please don't talk to me about this game being too hard, I grew up in the arcades and I still play games like this to relax:

http://youtu.be/P_QBisDe2OQ

I just don't always feel like trying hard all the time and I like explosions, You kids today are spoiled with over nerf and stuff, Nuff Said...

valkyr is useful as a revive frame.

but rocket spamming to win the game isnt really fun.

its like cheating on dark souls.

fun for 10 minutes.

then you realize it isnt worth playing if you just get what you want with no challenge.

Go look at that little poll one thread over. Most players are happy. Go look at our steam stats, they're way up. Hell, go look at google search interest for "warframe", that's way up too.

As with every other balance change before this one, people have come to the forums to say how changing their favorite whatever is going to kill the game. So far, nothing. Try again.

as long as they keep treating it as it nothing happened, Damage done is inevitable, it's only a matter of time before you start to see the effects, heck... I see them now, less and less people actually bother to play late game planets anymore, finding parties is harder, my clan out of all the people who used to log in has diminished in number to the point of it being dead. People would rather waste their time chatting in region than actually playing the game... if that don't spell disaster than nothing will...

as long as they keep treating it as it nothing happened, Damage done is inevitable, it's only a matter of time before you start to see the effects, heck... I see them now, less and less people actually bother to play late game planets anymore, finding parties is harder, my clan out of all the people who used to log in has diminished in number to the point of it being dead. People would rather waste their time chatting in region than actually playing the game... if that don't spell disaster than nothing will...

Really? Because every mission I've visited has had someone playing on it, and a lot of absents in my clan have come back into the game. But go ahead, please tell me about how no longer having infinite rockets has done irreparable damage to this game.

valkyr is useful as a revive frame.

but rocket spamming to win the game isnt really fun.

its like cheating on dark souls.

fun for 10 minutes.

then you realize it isnt worth playing if you just get what you want with no challenge.

Rocket spamming just like ANYTHING spamming, loses it's effects after awhile due to mobs becoming monstrously OP, not to mention Blast is countered by ferrite, which means you'd still have to build your launcher properly for decent dmg, not to mention that like the miter, it is a RAW dmg weapon because it has travel time, little to no crit dmg or chance, and now with this small clip... it's only upside is AoE due to having to nerf DMG for the sake of not running out of ammo... I'm still seriously hoping that DE takes into consideration that LMG reload time is too low for guns with 100 rounds in the clip... and that bow arrows should be more affected by gravity so that they arc even sooner so that you really need to get closer to enemies for it to even be feasible...

you say all this now, only because you're not affected by it, and I use valkyr cause I like her, and banshee is not a solo frame unless you wanna do hard mode 24/7 and soloing pluto with banshee is not my idea of a break after a hard day's work... and FYI it's only logical to use tanky classes to snipe wether you're sniping them from up close or from afar, in Blacklight, being a tanky class when sitting back and BAR ing everyone in the face meant the difference between life and death when someone snuck up on you... it's the same with warframe, that extra defense makes the world of difference when sniping when surrounded which btw I do all the time... the fact that you're trashing my logic with your own logic which based on what you say only tells me the only shooter you've ever played is probably Warframe, only tells ME that the kind of balance you and I believe in are north and south which is fine as long as my style is not interrupted just because you think yours is superior... and Yes you're right, this WORLD was created by DE and they can change it the way they see fit, but players are what keep a game alive and angry players that eventually leave will only bring more and more bad news to it until it is DOOMED to fade into obscurity... instead of crapping all over those people who wasted taters, forma and time leveling and re-leveling their favorite guns, you can try and design your own game and see how easy it is to keep everyone happy... oh and FYI, I only use hysteria when 1 I am gonna die or 2 I need to revive a downed ally, the next time you get downed and valkyr is your only hope of not losing your revives, you should remember that..

God damn can you use the Enter key once in awhile? I'm not going to piece through all that. You're not worth that much effort. But I'll at least try and glean something from it.

For one, I AM effected by it, because I love using a variety of weaponry and play styles to keep the game vibrant. One of my favorites is revs/shotgun for that high paced pinpoint accuracy. However another go-to of mine is, surprisingly, dual explosives+Jat Kittag. Yes, that's right. Ogris/Penta and Castanas. You'll never guess what warframe I use normally with this combo, and no - it's not Valkyr, Trinity, or Rhino (I don't even have a Rhino). Yup. Ember.

It's fun exploding S#&$. However it's even more fun when I can bring a low armor/hp warframe into the mix and not kill myself. It's a challenge, and it's fun - especially at very high levels.

But ohnoes! Now I might actually have to plop an ammo restore once in awhile if I use that incredibly ridiculous style. Or, or, or...I can switch between Penta and Castanas periodically, and gauge when I should use what in a particular situation. I see one or two enemies, I simply use Fireball. I find myself surrounded, I use Accelerant to gtfo and launch my explosives from a safe place. So yes, I AM affected, and other than some tweaks, I'm fine with it.

As for using a tanky class while using sniper rifles...This isn't Blacklight. In fact, if you're gonna go that path and point out other games with sniper weapons/classes, there are far many more games out there that give sniper classes buffs to speed while nerfs to defenses, since they hit like trucks but are weak close range. That's their balance. Also, someone sneaking up behind you in games like Blacklight usually mean an instant kill. Warframe - not so much. Either way, Blacklight lets you see through walls. Yuck.

And I'm not reading through the rest of that. Be a bit more concise for once and maybe you'll be answered fully.

Two words can rebuke your entire statement about solo play:

Door Heroes 

I got 4 sentences to rebuke your own statement:

Not every team has door heroes. Your statement isn't valid for every single mission type. You can easily use a group of friends or go into a guild to circumvent them. Just because one annoyance of group play is there doesn't make this game is single player only.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Trinity is still the best frame in the game, despite alarmists saying her nerf would spell the end of the game. Alarmist posts are unreliable.

Opinionated posts about what is "best frame" are also unreliable.

No one is saying launchers didn't deserve a nerf. What the issue that is splitting the community is that the magnitude of the nerf was too great. 

The issue with nerfing rather than buffing that splits the community is as follows.

When you give a community choices for a long time, they are used to it. When you give them more choices, people are either excited for the new choices, and those who do not like the new choices still can retain their old choices, thus there is mostly happiness or indifference. When you give a community specific choices, especially for a long time, and then revoke them simply because a select few are complaining about too many choices, you split the community.

Edited by Arabaxus

why give the penta 580 ammo in the first place was a silly move from De now if it was 20 ammo from then we would not be seeing this on the forums 

:)

sorry, saw this a bit late. Yeah, it was definitely silly. We all thought it was an error. But they never fixed it. Now, a year later, they did and now we're having this stupid argument. So though I'm happy they fixed it, I will fully agree that the raging going on is DE's fault. They shouldn't have waited this long to fix an obvious problem.

I got 4 sentences to rebuke your own statement:

Not every team has door heroes. Your statement isn't valid for every single mission type. You can easily use a group of friends or go into a guild to circumvent them. Just because one annoyance of group play is there doesn't make this game is single player only.

Uhhh, you refuted my statement... I just rebuked your's. So yea, you just iterated what I basically was insinuating.

EDIT: Your reply didn't make any sense the first time I read it through, lol.

Edited by YourBusDriver