Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Need Penalty For People Leaving

Chaosdreamer

Hi , if you probably played some dark sector while being in pvp mode , you probably noticed that

we have the "leavers" " rage quit" "Host migration abuse" , so since theire no way actually to keep people inside games 

maybe putting them penalty? Incase you did'nt understand or you are doing actually that I'll explain :

-You are leaving because you are loosing side , you might be host and annoy alot people with your migration ,also fair play... you played you lose stay inside until the end

-You are leaving because you get camped at spawn , to bad for you , you choose wrong side , but stay until your last breath

I know it might look bad , to put penalty to people who leave , but just think you are about to win and people leave/rage quit game?

-You are leaving because you are loosing side , you might be host and annoy alot people with your migration ,also fair play... you played you lose stay inside until the end

-You are leaving because you get camped at spawn , to bad for you , you choose wrong side , but stay until your last breath

Point one I agree with.

Point two, its fair. Being Spawn camped is the quickest way for anyone to leave a game. It's a stupid method of play, shows no sportsmanship, and is just not fun.

I think there is no need for a penalty for leaving too early - all we need are rewards for staying until it ends.

Maybe but when full team leave really near to end , like a few % need'ed to core to die , or 3-4 life left to attacking team is a bit frustating to, maybe for reward but what kind of reward ?

Right now reward is up to the alliance and most of the time is 0

In other games, quitting make you lose some money earning bonus or w/e.

So you are suggesting if theire was credit reward and people left they would lose the amount credit they was suppose to earn?

So you are suggesting if theire was credit reward and people left they would lose the amount credit they was suppose to earn?

Possibly, but right now reward are base on what your alliance battle pay.  Unless they give you a set amount of credit and battle pay as a bonus.  Let say the reward is 1/2 credit of the node for winning team and 1/4 for losing team.

Node X normally give 20k credit when not in conflict.

When in conflict it give 10k for winning team and 5k for losing team.

Let say if both alliance offer battle pay then total earning = conflict earning + battle pay.

*Edit: DE did say something about reputation system so quitting might give you a -1.

Edited by Hueminator

Another reason why people may leave is because they get bugged out and cannot do anything including bringing up the escape menu. At that point you have no choice but to close warframe.

I however am not against such a thing, as leaving a game in bad taste is bad sportsmanship. It's just that I think other relevant issues that may force someone to leave a game should be dealt with first.

Another reason why people may leave is because they get bugged out and cannot do anything including bringing up the escape menu. At that point you have no choice but to close warframe.

I however am not against such a thing, as leaving a game in bad taste is bad sportsmanship. It's just that I think other relevant issues that may force someone to leave a game should be dealt with first.

That's an isolated issue, but this needs to be addressed with some severe consequences.

I say that if the host is a part of the alliance node, a percent is taken away if they leave and their battle pay is lowered. Then, the leadership in the Alliance are given notes as to who left, and can deal with that accordingly.

Well, I had an entire thing on this in another thread. I'll dig it up soon.

Edited by Kashiki

That's an isolated issue, but this needs to be addressed with some severe consequences.

I say that if the host is a part of the alliance node, a percent is taken away if they leave and their battle pay is lowered. Then, the leadership in the Alliance are given notes as to who left, and can deal with that accordingly.

Well, I had an entire thing on this in another thread. I'll dig it up soon.

I wouldn't say it's isolated, cause it's possible for it to happen to the host, and if the host were in the alliance that owns the node, they'd take damage for reasons that wasn't their fault. Keep in mind I've had this happen to me 3 times in a row (and many more times outside of those) and I've seen this happen to several people, one of which was the host.

Like I said before though, I am all for a leaving penalty as long as there are no silly bugs that force someone to leave a game against thier own will. Also it should not be just the host, as a player leaving can have a huge impact on the course of a match. Maybe for [insert reasonable amount of time here] they are not allowed to join any dark sector matches?

Edited by Racercowboy

I think what's really needed is fewer reasons to ragequit. Right now almost every DS I join devolves into spawn camping. Nobody's going to stick around to get instagibbed by frames that have 5-10 levels on you. The problem isn't that players leave, the problem is that players WANT to leave.

I'm with motorfirebox. There's nothing fun about being thrown into a match with frames that have already been fed.

It's like League of Legends...reminds me of why I DON'T play that game.

Players leaving matches early is just a symptom...once the gameplay is actually balanced and functional, THEN we can whine about trivial details such as abandonment.

Although personally, I think imposing a penalty on leaving a dark sector match would be a very bad idea myself.

I mean, how is the game supposed to know if I'm just ragequitting or if the phone is ringing, or if there's someone at the door, or if there's an emergency, or if my power goes out for a moment, or if my internet goes down, or if my computer crashes, or if warframe crashes, or... 

Warframe doesn't have servers that are hosting your missions/matches. The host has to be one of the players that you are connected to. For PvE (which this game is about) this usually works fine, but for PvP, hosting servers would be needed as they are neutral and would not end a mission based on its status.

Saying...

...sounds great in theory, as I think people shouldn't give up on things, but you are overlooking how the game actually works.

Let's say JoeExcalibur is on the attacking side and can't do anything to win. He's not having fun and feels like he is wasting time. If he's the host and the developers change the interface to say "You cannot quit this mission at this time. Please sit still." the user will simply Alt+F4 and cause the client to terminate the hosting connection. No user is going to say "Well, I really don't want to be here, but I guess I can sit here and watch them win, since they need me to be host." If that were the case, there wouldn't be a problem to fix.

The solution is for the players of the game to be mature enough to stay in a mission that they originally explicitly chose to enter. If players can't act maturely, than theres nothing the devs can do to add positive features without also adding negative ones. If DE caused the host to pop up a little program to continue hosting a mission if the host closed warframe, the user would terminate the process. If DE adds a "you cannot enter another mission for X hours because you abandoned" the user would change characters or change accounts (this is what WoW used to do when I played it. people would change characters and not even notice the effect of a character being on timeout).

Keep in mind there are several reasons why a player would leave the match. Some reasons... could be strategic for the sake of the clan/alliance.

Try to think of the problems you see in terms of the developers, and how they can fix it for everyone for the long term. Solutions are often difficult, and saying "yeah just keep the host in there and then everything will work" is not realistic.

There is a third reason why players have to leave: 

Emergencies. Any emergencies that require them to get out of the game. 

If you leave for an emergency then the digital penalty imposed on your fantasy character should seem negligible.

Edited by Skaleek

If you leave for an emergency then the digital penalty imposed on your fantasy character should seem negligible.

I've always said, if you leave due to an emergency, who cares what the penalty is. Large, small, it doesn't matter.

Here's a conversation with my clan leader.

Me: If I'm afk for more than a week, just kick me from the clan.

Him: What if... you are hospitalized and are unable to log into to let us know?

Me: Than I'm hospitalized and I have other things that are more important than playing warframe. Just go on without me.

It doesn't matter. Penalties for not playing the game are a terrible idea, period paragraph.

If you are getting so little enjoyment out of the game that you quit, that is already a penalty. Add a further penalty on top of that, and people will stop logging on. If lots of people are getting so little enjoyment out of the game that they quit, then what needs to be fixed is the fact that players aren't enjoying the game.

This isn't a shot against DE—I accept that they're working hard to improve the gameplay. I'm just pointing out that if people are quitting the game, that's not a problem with the player. It's a problem with the game.

Edited by motorfirebox

How about an option to forfeit, maybe with a vote option requires a majority votes to abort. And when aborting occurs the other side simply automatically wins.

There would still be a problem of people ALT F4ing, but I really like the idea.

I was about to post a new topic, but noticed this one so i will post here.

The problem here is that the Host Migration is not working most of the time. If the host leaves the game will end, and no one will get their rewards.

Something must be done. I'm tired of players aborting the game on purpose, when they are going to lose. 

Attackers that Abort the Game should not be able to join the Conflict for some time. 

How much time would be a reasonable punishment? I don't know. But at least they will think twice before ending the game.

I don't understand why you care if people abort an un-winnable match. You don't lose anything. You don't even win anything if you do win. If it kicks you then just sign up for another one. Maybe that one will be a match where you can win and it will make a difference if you're playing or not. You can't expect everyone to waste their time getting spawn killed over and over again for no reason. It's not fun and you gain nothing. Perhaps this thread should be about providing more balance so that matches won't be completely one-sided and people will actually WANT to play to the end.

I don't understand why you care if people abort an un-winnable match. You don't lose anything. You don't even win anything if you do win. If it kicks you then just sign up for another one. Maybe that one will be a match where you can win and it will make a difference if you're playing or not. You can't expect everyone to waste their time getting spawn killed over and over again for no reason. It's not fun and you gain nothing. Perhaps this thread should be about providing more balance so that matches won't be completely one-sided and people will actually WANT to play to the end.

if someone aborts a game then neither side receives battle-pay, so yes you definitely lose something. Don't get me wrong spawn camping is annoying as crap and that would be one of the only circumstances id understand a DC.

I'd be totally fine with there being a penalty to people who abuse host migration, if the game wasn't so buggy. I had to quit a match as an attacker because two of our hosts migrated during the core shooting phase, which rendered the consoles inoperable. I felt bad about it after the fact, but I'm not going to waste my time dying repeatedly for nothing when I can leave and let everyone else join another game. Granted, I wasn't paying attention to the battlepay but I thought neither side had any.

The problem is that when an attacker migrates, there's a chance that the consoles get locked, which essentially means the attacker loses. It doesn't quite measure up to the defenders getting booted by attacker's leaving (having a player on either side host is a terrible idea and is one of many flaws with Dark Sectors).

What I'd recommend is one of three things:

1. have a dedicated host that isn't a player

2. failing that, prevent players who quit from rejoining for five minutes, then a half hour if they do it again in a week, then double that each time they do it.