Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nemesis: The Corpus Engineered Warframe

Falseangel17

Well, a shockwave, that persists while it spreads is a new thing for a warframe to have. Mags' crush doesn't grab new enemies. Embers' ability stays in place and generally acts differently. It oculd be changed for the warframe, to have certain additional abilities, like, say, preventing shields or lowering armour, but it still would be quite fun to have.

The booster ability would be radically different from mags' (because mags' one is meh at best with all the targeting issues and the amount it takes/adds  being mediocre), because it would persist, and it would act on a whole group.

And, mechanical warframe is a nice idea, but many of the implications it has, are pretty constrained by the game itself. I mean, you can write as much lore as you want, but without any actual gameplay to reflect that lore, this warframe might be seen as a radical art style change. Or even, to some players, as a sudden reveal of what warframes are. (as silly as that sounds). I hope someday there will be more non-combat places to go to in the game, right now everything that isn't directly thrown into combat, is quite out of the scope for much of the time. (but I still wish they wouldn't just flip and scale corpus signs to make them look different).

I have said it before and I will say it again, while I enjoy the idea of a MOA stomp, that is not what I want Nemesis to be about. Your additions to the AoE idea to seperate it from other warframes AoE attacks is imaginative and creative, and you're right, it does fit the Corpus theme. But Nemesis was purposed for assasination, to be excellent at single target elimination while also maintaining the survival and success of his team. I will admit, I'm going to have to rethink some of the ideas for his abilities, but I know sabotage (the 3rd) is staying in, as that is mostly an oringinal idea that fits him. As this is his one debilitating AoE, he will not need another. So the MOA stomp, while also an original and cool idea, I will not put into consideration. But on a happier note, thank you for your support for Nemesis being a purely mechanical warframe. Because yes, as a sentient AI a lot of options are made available, and the possibilites for him become much greater. And to those who it may concern... 'Iron Man' was a suit of advanced armor worn by a human being... Nemesis is a sentient artificial intelligence that inhabits a robotic frame made for combat. They are not the same thing, and so are not limited to the same skill set.

Again, I feel that while the Moa stomp is very indicative of the Corpus, compared to what the AoE abilities the rest of the frames already have, a shockwave stomp would not likely add anything to the game. Also, the thought just struck me: how different would the frame's shield booster ability be from Mag's shield polarize and Trinity's blessing? Might be something that needs to be outlined before the shield ability, which in itself I now find somewhat doubtful.

As to the frame's mechanical nature, I am for full support of a cybernetic warframe and see little danger such a mechanical warframe would pose to the entire current system. Not only do I see little danger, but I also see much potential: after all, machines can do countless things organisms cannot. Some thoughts that pass my mind are body separation, transformation of a body part or the entire body, firing parts of its body, and many, many more.

It is this sort of mass differential that would prove effective in carving out a new niche for this frame, and perhaps introducing some new niches for future frames.

What I think is that you're worried about the aforementioned "Exo-suit" idea and that the Nemesis, by name, is a fully autonomous drone, of sorts. But when considering the potential of the design, I do not think that it is a detail that significantly hampers the idea as a whole. What's wrong with some free thinking drones? So long as they fit into the general lore(stories provided), mechanics, and playstyle that the rest of the warframes have made for themselves, ther should be no problem; the only real problem I can think of now is a conflict with original warframe descriptions, not design. The devs have stated themselves that they would be open to welcome change, and so far I do not find much reason to consider the implementation of a new and interesting idea an unwelcome change.

Thank you, and I completely agree with you. Nemesis may not fit into our standards of the warframes we are used to, but as you said, whats wrong with going outside the box? Nemesis would be capable of so many things as a sentient robot, things that your average warframe could not hope to perform. So thank you again for your support, it is appreciated

Well, I guess it's mostly just the style of AoE, that lodged into minds. I mean, if sabotage looks like a short and announcing charge, following by a wave, stylized in a same way, it would remove the 'stomp' question entirely. 

And, again, in terms of the game, all the ideas for AI being different are a bit lost because all warframes need to be balanced, and I guess people are looking at it from that perspective - It's not mass effect, where you could see the geth, interact with them, talk to them, acknowledge the exposition and get engaged in their conept and overall appeal, and then (le gasp!) have one on your team and even play as one! In this game, so far, it would look either like a massive exposition dump in the explaining tooltip, or as if someone made an https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25073-new-warframe-idea-vespa/'>animal-themed warframe without explaining anything he had in  his head about a cell, that mourned lost nature of the earth, at all. 

Only thing, that can be wrong with thinking outside the box here is presentation, and seeing as the game lore isn't presented to the player in any form other than mission statements, short descriptions, and overall visual hints you see around in the level tiles, any warframe not designed within the current lore would look like a standing-out parody of the concept of themed warframes, or like a standing-out parody... but with a story, no matter how good, slapped on all over in attempt to smooth it's fitting into the game. 

WIth that said, such a warframe would require some specific way of appearing available to the player in the game. Since we can't have cutscenes or orchestrated missions (I hope that comes with a 'yet', but who knows), it could be either like a special enemy, that appears through one of the areas, dropping blueprints or parts, or a special boss in a themed boss-room, unique to him. Or, better yet, multiple encounters, that supply the player with parts, or parts blueprints, for the blueprint, dropped by the boss.

Edited by GTG3000

Well, I guess it's mostly just the style of AoE, that lodged into minds. I mean, if sabotage looks like a short and announcing charge, following by a wave, stylized in a same way, it would remove the 'stomp' question entirely. 

And, again, in terms of the game, all the ideas for AI being different are a bit lost because all warframes need to be balanced, and I guess people are looking at it from that perspective - It's not mass effect, where you could see the geth, interact with them, talk to them, acknowledge the exposition and get engaged in their conept and overall appeal, and then (le gasp!) have one on your team and even play as one! In this game, so far, it would look either like a massive exposition dump in the explaining tooltip, or as if someone made an animal-themed warframe without explaining anything he had in  his head about a cell, that mourned lost nature of the earth, at all. 

Only thing, that can be wrong with thinking outside the box here is presentation, and seeing as the game lore isn't presented to the player in any form other than mission statements, short descriptions, and overall visual hints you see around in the level tiles, any warframe not designed within the current lore would look like a standing-out parody of the concept of themed warframes, or like a standing-out parody... but with a story, no matter how good, slapped on all over in attempt to smooth it's fitting into the game. 

WIth that said, such a warframe would require some specific way of appearing available to the player in the game. Since we can't have cutscenes or orchestrated missions (I hope that comes with a 'yet', but who knows), it could be either like a special enemy, that appears through one of the areas, dropping blueprints or parts, or a special boss in a themed boss-room, unique to him. Or, better yet, multiple encounters, that supply the player with parts, or parts blueprints, for the blueprint, dropped by the boss.

Hrmmmmmm... I'm afraid you have a point on this one, I hadn't really considered his integration into warframe all too much. I provided a story, but I guess that may not be enough. The lore in game may not really support Nemesis, but I deeply believe that him, or any frame not similar to what we are used to, should not immediately get excluded from being a possible candidate for integration into the game. Some players may not be welcome to radical change, but if there are enough of those that decide to embrace it, it could change alot about the game that could really improve it and make it even better! I suppose though I don't quite know what to say about the aquisition of his blueprints, as all the current bosses are taken. The developers I think are likely to add more systems and bosses to make room for the addition of more Warframes and add to the replayability of the game. So we will just have to see I guess.

When I think of this frame I think of the robots in iron man two, atleast for the helmet as he says it is not meant to hold a man. .. I think introducing the frame could be achieved by the boss level entailed.

The new map could be a corpus factory.

Throughout the map you see partially made nemesis and factory lines etc.

Maybe you have to fight some half functioning nemesis?

The boss could resemble either in features or powers, the warframe (like kril and frost).

Not entirely difficult to implement without cutscenes and huge lore really.

They introduced trin as one of the rare frames with healing abilities. Didnt need to say how or why people just accepted it.

Edited by TunaMayo

When I think of this frame I think of the robots in iron man two, atleast for the helmet as he says it is not meant to hold a man. .. I think introducing the frame could be achieved by the boss level entailed.

The new map could be a corpus factory.

Throughout the map you see partially made nemesis and factory lines etc.

Maybe you have to fight some half functioning nemesis?

The boss could resemble either in features or powers, the warframe (like kril and frost).

Not entirely difficult to implement without cutscenes and huge lore really.

They introduced trin as one of the rare frames with healing abilities. Didnt need to say how or why people just accepted it.

I like this alot, but I think it should be a normal level with the boss being a protype of Nemesis, and that is how we could get the parts.

I like this alot, but I think it should be a normal level with the boss being a protype of Nemesis, and that is how we could get the parts.

Why go for a prototype? The boss could be actually more than one nemesis. Maybe, one prototype for each ability, even?

Why go for a prototype? The boss could be actually more than one nemesis. Maybe, one prototype for each ability, even?

Four bosses that each have one of Nemesis's abilities? I like it, though the bosses individually would have to have much less health and sheild. In return theough, the four are a powerful team that work together, as they do not have enough sentience of their own to operate on their own.

OMG! Falseangel! In reading some of these posts, an Idea struck me about a possible for the 4th skill! What I'm thinking is that since you mentioned the "overclocking" of the Nemesis systems. Perhaps that the Nemesis would overclock the systems and channels (should take time like Trinity's ulti) a portion of its shield into an powerfully overcharged (but no too OP or else we could potentially break the game) blast from the railgun. The rail blast can only pierce through one enemy but would also cause the target to stagger or be knocked down with their armor reduced at a scaled percentage. What do you think?

I had actually thought about this for the fourth skill, but I believe that it may be too similar to the railgun skill, even with the added improvements to make it different. I like your thinking, but the first skill already kind of takes the role you describe, while not as powerful, it was meant to be useful as a cheap and reliable finisher or damager skill. A lot of energy to be spent on a very powerful, but only capable of maybe killing 2 enemies? That would not be too cost efficient. The first skill does this job nicely, so I do not think that adding just an even stronger version of it is necessary.

Four bosses that each have one of Nemesis's abilities? I like it, though the bosses individually would have to have much less health and sheild. In return theough, the four are a powerful team that work together, as they do not have enough sentience of their own to operate on their own.

Well, yes. Four bulletsponges, that cam (technically) spam their abilities would be waaay too much.

Wouldn't this be better off as a super hard boss than a playable character?

Maybe it would, but new characters are alwas welcome.

I think I heard the devs say that new faction will be related to stalker somehow. We'll see, how long his "no backstory" lasts after that...

Besides, don't know how about you, personally I would like to have depth to this game other than "good enemies".

Well, yes. Four bulletsponges, that cam (technically) spam their abilities would be waaay too much.

Maybe it would, but new characters are alwas welcome.

Nemesis as a boss? It's possible, but I would far rather have him as a playable warframe as well.

I think I heard the devs say that new faction will be related to stalker somehow. We'll see, how long his "no backstory" lasts after that...

Besides, don't know how about you, personally I would like to have depth to this game other than "good enemies".

Agreed, after the fourth breed of enemies is implemented, it is very likely we will know a lot more about the Stalker and his motives, clearing a lot of questions up in the process.

Agreed, after the fourth breed of enemies is implemented, it is very likely we will know a lot more about the Stalker and his motives, clearing a lot of questions up in the process.

Here's hopes they will ocme with some map tiles of their own, too.

...say, the sabotage skill is somewhat similar to the loki's disarm? Also, do you suppose making it look like a quick moastomp with blue effect would be too off the idea?

It is somewhat similar true, but the skill is different in three ways. 1. The enemies are not permanently disarmed, they will eventually revert back to using their firearms

2. It is not an AoE skill, Sabotage is a directed range attack that is targeted first at one enemy, then chains to any enemies surrounding that enemy, disabling them too for some time.

3. Sabotage deals damage if the affected enemies that try to use firearms or skills, though it is not considerable damage, it is still more then Loki's fourth skill.

While again i appreciate your imput, we are leaning back again to the MOA stomp discussion, and I have already stated that is not what Nemesis is to be about. While I agree it is doable and again fits into the Corpus theme, I just don't want an AoE to be a part of his skill set. Enough warframes have this already.

It is somewhat similar true, but the skill is different in three ways. 1. The enemies are not permanently disarmed, they will eventually revert back to using their firearms

2. It is not an AoE skill, Sabotage is a directed range attack that is targeted first at one enemy, then chains to any enemies surrounding that enemy, disabling them too for some time.

3. Sabotage deals damage if the affected enemies that try to use firearms or skills, though it is not considerable damage, it is still more then Loki's fourth skill.

While again i appreciate your imput, we are leaning back again to the MOA stomp discussion, and I have already stated that is not what Nemesis is to be about. While I agree it is doable and again fits into the Corpus theme, I just don't want an AoE to be a part of his skill set. Enough warframes have this already.

But it would be so delicious to moa-stomp stuff! *whines*

Ahem. I see, so more like volts' shock then? Or ember's fireball, albeit that one is a lot less handy. What effect would it have on infested, though?