Is This Really What Pvp Has Come To?

the SLIDE SPAM IS REAL.

No that's not my problem... My problem is the most exploited bug in the game, whenever you're touched by a melee weapon you're stunned, so they're using that stun to kill you, slowly...

Conclaive is full of Valkyrs with rapid fire rate dual melee weapons.

Where's the fun when people just stun lock you with melee weapons?

DE fix this.

Rapid fire melee weapons are powerful and give you an advantage. Conclave is made to be tough, fast and strong. Just because people use a strategy that works doesn't mean that it needs to be nerfed. Plenty of others can deal with rapid-fire weapons by using a very well-known strategy: avoid getting hit.

You see someone melee'ing at you? Shoot first. If you die, they were quicker and deserve the kill. Slide attack? It takes timing to get it. Knockdown? Just another mechanic. People call it a crutch to help a fight, but in the same breath you will use Loki with Invisibility or Rhino's Iron Skin. KD is a way for players with a speed disadvantage to get to the enemy. Parkour isn't everyone's thing. Unfortunately, not everyone has to play like you. Sorry you had to find out this way.

In short, get over it and just play the game. Use your guns instead of trying to run in and melee all the time. DE doesn't need to fix anything; don't get hit.

Edited by Kashiki

Rapid fire melee weapons are powerful and give you an advantage. Conclave is made to be tough, fast and strong. Just because people use a strategy that works doesn't mean that it needs to be nerfed. Plenty of others can deal with rapid-fire weapons by using a very well-known strategy: avoid getting hit.

You see someone melee'ing at you? Shoot first. If you die, they were quicker and deserve the kill. Slide attack? It takes timing to get it. Knockdown? Just another mechanic. People call it a crutch to help a fight, but in the same breath you will use Loki with Invisibility or Rhino's Iron Skin. KD is a way for players with a speed disadvantage to get to the enemy. Parkour isn't everyone's thing. Unfortunately, not everyone has to play like you. Sorry you had to find out this way.

In short, get over it and just play the game. Use your guns instead of trying to run in and melee all the time. DE doesn't need to fix anything; don't get hit.

The biggest problem with melee is that it is so punishing if you get hit. One hit means you are as good as dead because there is no way out of it and you will just die from all the attacks you are taking while being staggered. I seriously doubt shooting a player is going to kill them when they are a fast frame that just will charge you and then proceed to stunlock till you die. Also how can you avoid the melee when you are being spawn camped> I've had it where its either me who spawn camped and staggered an entire squad to death or had 2 players camp me and my squad with dual kamas. In both situations, there was no way to avoid the melee as the people being camped would be staggered as they tried to leave the spawn.

PVP should punish people who make mistakes, but having it be a contest to who can get the first hit and stunlock someone is unbalanced and unfair.  Melee requires no skill at all, its just spam the attack button until they die because they can't do anything.

The biggest problem with melee is that it is so punishing if you get hit. One hit means you are as good as dead because there is no way out of it and you will just die from all the attacks you are taking while being staggered. I seriously doubt shooting a player is going to kill them when they are a fast frame that just will charge you and then proceed to stunlock till you die. Also how can you avoid the melee when you are being spawn camped> I've had it where its either me who spawn camped and staggered an entire squad to death or had 2 players camp me and my squad with dual kamas. In both situations, there was no way to avoid the melee as the people being camped would be staggered as they tried to leave the spawn.

PVP should punish people who make mistakes, but having it be a contest to who can get the first hit and stunlock someone is unbalanced and unfair.  Melee requires no skill at all, its just spam the attack button until they die because they can't do anything.

Very good points.

However, nerfing melee (which wasn't viable beforehand) isn't the way to go. In any realistic combat situation, if you get hit by a melee weapon, there's very little you can do. Staying at long range and shooting works.

As for spawn camping in Conclave; that's not even possible. You can't move before the match - the only spawn camping possible is with a long range gun. Even then, that's precision firing. Counter-sniper tactics are usually required, since most people will use that strategy at the beginning. Don't rush toward the middle all the time; stay off of the ground.

Now, I can definitely say that it's a problem in  Dark Sectors; just not a problem that I'm used to seeing. I'm never that close to an enemy unless I need to be - most attacks are done at long range with my Vectis. It has secured me victory. Even then, in the rare times I was forced into battle with two D. Ichor users, I just simply bobbed and weaved. It's not hard to do parkour - just dodge roll and run. The first stun is unavoidable, yes, but the effect of the stun doesn't apply to all melee attacks. Just keep trying to dodge. People have gotten out of the stun easily.

Also, just putting this out there - it takes timing and skill to land good enough melee attacks. You all want a melee system where you need to have complicated button systems for it. That's not what Melee 2.0 combos were about. It was about maximizing damage while giving you chances to do random combos while attacking with the E button. Stop trying to nerf it just because you can't find a way to counter it. Melee was made to be really risky, but have high returns. What you got was the short and long end of the stick, depending on which side of the blade you were on. Stay long range and fight like you would in PvE.

In short, stuns are a problem, but they're a problem worth fixing. Melee takes skill and risk/reward factoring, and only works if your opponent isn't ready to whip you with their modded up weapons. DE does not need to take away one of the things that makes melee on par with guns.

PVP is not honorable. Unless you're only playing with friends on private servers, people will find the most effective/broken thing and will abuse it until it got nerfed, and go on to the next.

That's what PVP is. You will never change player's mentality, so it's always up to the developpers to find the right balance.

Edited by Hyunsai

"Strategy" I'm not complaining because I'm trying to melee too, I stay back and fight like PvP is supposed to be played, not slide attacking and rapidly stunning enemies.

Pretty sure it's an exploit too, since U14 melee in PvP has stunned the other player, making them unable to run or escape at all...

Pfft, strategy, take your unskilled self and go play CoD.

"Strategy" I'm not complaining because I'm trying to melee too, I stay back and fight like PvP is supposed to be played, not slide attacking and rapidly stunning enemies.

Pretty sure it's an exploit too, since U14 melee in PvP has stunned the other player, making them unable to run or escape at all...

Pfft, strategy, take your unskilled self and go play CoD.

I'm unskilled? Because I'm the one complaining about dying against melee weapons, right? Just because you can't hit the broad side of a barn with your long-range weapons or counter people with melee weapons, it doesn't mean that anyone else is unskilled. That speaks volumes about you, my friend.

But, nice insult - would work better if your arguments had any validity to them and if it was actually scathing.

EDIT: You know what, I'm going to simply apologize and walk away from this before it escalates any further. Although your comment is unneeded, hence why I'm not editing my comment, I do apologize for my general disgruntled attitude toward this topic. Wasn't conducive.

Edited by Kashiki

The OP seems to be sensationalizing the situation. The issue/feedback on stun locking has already been pointed out many-a-time, and DE [should be] is already aware. Lots of negative feedback about it, so just give it time.

The OP seems to be sensationalizing the situation. The issue/feedback on stun locking has already been pointed out many-a-time, and DE [should be] is already aware. Lots of negative feedback about it, so just give it time.

It's unnecessary.

Sorry for the reply I gave but people who agree with the melee stun-lock are people who enjoy ripping the fun from core gameplay and have "META" written all over them.